A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to install flash lite 2.1 app in a device

Question How to install flash lite 2.1 app in a device

What is the procedure to install/load a .swf file in a mobile device? I have a simple hello-worldtype prog and want to test it on device.

typically you transfer via data cable or bluetooth. You may need to install the SWF in a specific directory on the phone that is accessible from the Flash Lite player. Then launch the flash lite player and access the swf from a menu related to the flash lite player. It depends somewhat on the platform you are using.

Smile Load .swf

thanks for the reply. So you mean i wont need to convert it into some other form/file. .SWF will do jut will need a flash player right?

yes, for your own testing and development purposes, you should be able to just load SWF on most platforms like series 60, series 40, Sony Ericsson.

I have not tried testing direct swf content with the Flash Lite 3.1 standalone for windows mobile but it may also be able to load swf from a menu.

When it comes to delivering content to end users, then you will want to learn about packaging.

Currently the only exception to all of this is the Verizon BREW Flash Lite player, which requires conversion into a proprietary wrapper format for testing, but that may not be an issue for you at this time anyway.

Now i want to publish my flash lite 2.1 for brew. I installed publisher from https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitl...rew%5Fdownload

but it specifies publishers for cs3 and flash 8 while i am using cs4.
    I did not get a post processor mentioned in
    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/devices/...r_brew_04.html

I already have "BREW MP App Creater"

Wher can i get the brew publisher for cs4?