dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash and 3D webplayer Unity

Flash and 3D webplayer Unity

Hello! I created a solution to integrate Flash and Unity, a 3D webplayer. Please check out a demonstration:

http://gamelix.com/demos/flashcot/fl...ackground.html

If you want more information please check out my website: http://gamelix.com/?page_id=31

Regards!
    -Marco

Can the flash be interactive or just a static texture? Flash without any event handling or animation is virtually pointless, but interesting example nonetheless.

Thumbs up

I have a prototype that simulates mouse clicks in Flash, hope to update Flashcot soon. Regards!

Cool, can the swf send events to unity and vice versa? If so that would amazing.

At the moment mouse events are sent to Flash, but not the other way. I don't think it will be easy the other way, but I'll try to implement something.

Maybe if you use something like swfadress or swfobject, or just javascript in general. But im not sure how/if unity communicates with the browser.

Yes, indeed Unity communicates with the browser just like Flash with ExternalInterface, and that's what Flashcot uses to send and get data. I don't think there is a way to set mouse coordinates and clicks with javascript, but I'll check that out later. Thanks for your comment

np, interesting stuff. With all this talk about which is better, flash or unity its sad there's not enough talk of combining them.

Sure, both tools have great features that can complement each other. I use Flash professionally to create 2D web applications, and Unity to create 3D applications. Depending on which software I'm asked to create, 2D or 3D, I just choose one or the other. In the end these are just tools, so it's as simple as choosing a hammer or a drill depending on the task. But if you can have the best of both worlds, that's way better!

And now I'm working to communicate Unity with PHP
    Last edited by cronodragon; 04-03-2009 at 02:42 PM.