dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [pimp] TAOSCDATMMAAHOAZATEP

[pimp] TAOSCDATMMAAHOAZATEP

*ahem*

Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you all to my latest game, The Adventures of Super Captain Dan! and The Monocled Man! Against a Horde of Alien Zombies and Their Evil Plan (or TAOSCDATMMAAHOAZATEP for "short").

Now, what would a good pimp thread be without some super-enticing screenshots? Nothing! That's what!

When I exported to gif it messed this one up a bit.

Awesome game!!! It's one of the best ideas I've seen, and I like the iso engine!
    WIP-ZOMBIES

I love vegetarians! More meat for the rest of us!

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    Very nice cap'!

I'm not sure how I feel about the clicking anywhere once you're in line of sight with a zombie to kill it, feels slightly odd. Maybe it needs to show the shot, or have some sort of red dot sight following the targeted zombie to make it feel more like you're actually shooting them rather than just clicking to make their heads explode. Thats just a minor gripe though.

I like the simplicity of it though, simple is almost always best in my book and I really enjoyed playing this . Nice job mate.

Ali

I enjoyed it! Really nice style and the transitions are cool(I like the stars!).

One thing that is kind of unexpected is that if you are standing under the gun, and not touching it, then a doctor sees you in that one level, you pick it up apparently because the exclamation marks above your head touch, which is a bit unexpected.

Love the presentation and style!

@ Pazil

Thanks a lot, man!

@ alillm

Yeah, I've gotten multiple complaints about people wanting to see bullets. I'll ad them in soon enough I think...

Gotta' agree with you on simplicity!

@ UnknownGuy

Thanks! Heh, I didn't even know about the exclamation glitch, neat! Now to make some evilly design level based on it...

You know what I think about the game but this is my public congratulations.
    Actually the more I play it the more I like it. It's not surprising, knowing as much work and testings it required before reaching this final (almost) result.

superb! love the look and feel and great gameplay to boot.
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Wow, this is really good! It's nice and simple to pick up on, and I like how you progressively introduce new types and zombies and levels. Reminds me of the Temple of the Ocean King, from Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

@ jp

Thanks! And might I say that you've been quite helpful in its development yourself.

@ BlinkOK

Good to hear I've found it's very hard to get the look of a black and white game just right...so much grey...

@ the--flash

Hey thanks, I've actually never played Phantom Hourglass, but any day that one of my games gets compared to one of the best selling game franchises of all time is a good day in my book!

These kind fo games is what makes the Flash platform so unique imo. Tis sweet to see such a creative and cool style game. Too bad I suck at it (only could reach lvl 6), lol.

Viza.

Very creative. Nice work.

I agree with alillm that it feels a little odd to click the screen to shoot if it doesn't matter where you click. How about just making space bar the fire button?