A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Have to finish website tonight!

Have to finish website tonight!

Hi, I learned Flash 5 years ago with MX 2004, and forgot most of what I learned about actionscript. I've been throwing together a basic portfolio webpage for a class at school using CS4, and keep getting stuck with actionscript. I need to finish it tonight to keep on schedule with school, so hopefully someone can help.

•What I have:
    My main page so far has 1 button, that goes to my reel, click the button, and an animation of a screen appears, and so do my play buttons, that all works, then I click the exit button from my video player, it animates away, then stops, but the main menu doesn't work after that.

If I do gotoAndStop, back to my home frame, it reloads the video player, for some reason, even though there is a stop command in my home script.
    I hope this makes sense, I couldn't attach it, because it is too big.

Hey,

I think it will be very difficult for anyone to help you out without seeing the fla. Couldn't you zip it up and upload it to a server or something?

I can see why it was confusing, I was also very tired when I wrote that. I got it to work though, with the:
    MovieClip(root).gotoAndStop(1);

line in my actionscript. I've also moved around my projects so that it is still pressing that I finish, but I don't have to finish it last night.

My latest dilemma however:
    is when I add a video to my movie clip, the movie clip speeds up all weird when I exit my video player. Since this is going to make no sense on here, and my fla is too big zipped.
    I uploaded it to my school server, you just have to right click the link and do a save link as...

http://cmb383.aisites.com:8080/CMD_F...s/webPage2.fla

The fla cannot be downloaded. I get prompted for a username / pw and save target as doesn't work either.

Could you reupload it to another directory/server?