dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Projector compatability / security

Projector compatability / security

SWF published V-8 AS-2

Hi Guys,

Been putting together a product lauch CD using XML, FLV's and images with Flash.
    At this stage it's still at a testing stage (95% done). And it's being tested as a .swf with the linked files.
    Even though it works well on my PC with XP, I've tested it on few of the older laptops at work, running XP as well. And it appears that the linked files and actionscript don't load on some of these machines. Although all other graphics and tweens in the .swf do.

Launching these as a Projector file would solve any version compatabilty issues, but what about Windows Security.

Can firewalls affect the functioning of Projector files?
    Does anyone know of any good websites to read up on this?

Any suggestions will be great,
    Wayne

Tim (Super Moderator) Northcode's Avatar
    The only way security would become an issue is if your projector tried to access resources on the web. Even then I believe can get around the security warnings with a crossdomain.xml file on the server and the use of Seurity.allowDomain in your FLA.

You can find some info about problems with projectors in the flash section of my blog.

Be sure to check out the rest of the blog for other interesting bits of information related to standalone Flash applications.

This is good news Northcode.

Have spent a while off and on getting the funtioning just right, and would be disappointed if it couldn't be utilised.
    And thanks for the links. Will check them out.

Cheers, Wayne