A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: quick selection tool in Photoshop problem

quick selection tool in Photoshop problem

I use a lot the quick selection tool in Photoshop to cut some picture that are in a white background after cutting the picture I open a new picture with transparent background an the dimensions of the document is the same as the picture I cut before. I paste the picture I go to the save for web and device options then I save the picture. I import the picture to flash library without a problem but when I move the picture from the library to the position on the layer that I want to place in I see that there are some white spot on the edge of the picture that I relate them to the original background where the picture was at.
    How is the best way of cutting or copying a picture that is in a white background and placed it on a dark color background without having any white spot on the edge of the picture?

use the pen tool to trace around the image to get a nice smooth/crisp outline. Then use a masking layer to knockout the background. Save as a PNG or GIF and you should be set.

Here's a quick link to explain further:
    http://photoshopcontest.com/tutorial...-selector.html

If you're not comfortable with the pen tool, try the 'extract' function, but if you're sloppy the results will be the same as you are getting now.

Thanks for the support I saw the link and is a good example of what I was looking for.
    the pen tool is the way to go.