A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Clouds Animation Problem

Hybrid View

Clouds Animation Problem

I created an animation for my website's background which you see the clouds moving slowly in the background. And I copied that MC through all the scenes (Preloader, Intro, Main , About, Works and Contact) The problem is whenever I press in the menu buttons which take me to a new scene of a new page the Background Mc starts all over again and then there is a "bug" and a delay in the background.. You can see it here:
    http://cpower.co.il
    just press on on of the menu button and see the background. How can it be solved?

Thanks.

Anyone?

I dont think so that you have any solution for this one....because background is pasted in all the scenes and when ever the new scene comes up the movie clip starts with frame 1 and thats quite obvious.

What you can do is you can pass as an argument a variable to next scene wheich will held teh value of frame on which teh cloud animation was and in the next scene it will play the cloud animation from that frame.

Hope you get this. Let me know if u dont!
    As ever,
    Vinayak Kadam

I understand your idea.
    So how can I "save" the current frame in a variable and then make the MC in the new scene play from that current frame held in the variable?

Exactly. You got it.

Create a variable in the first scene you create and then you can use that variable in any scene and no need to apply _parent or _root. You can address teh variable as it is.
    As ever,
    Vinayak Kadam

Yeah but how do I do that? I'm not quite good with AS2\3 so I was hoping you can give me the code for everything here

Is there any scope for you to upload your FLA so that I can work in it. Because to send u the code, I need to create a scenario here and then test that code which will take time. If you have your FLA handy, then u can remove the unwanted items, remove all the copyright text, confidential data and just send the skeleton FLA to me.
    Last edited by vinayak.kadam; 03-18-2009 at 06:43 AM. Reason: spelling msitakes!
    As ever,
    Vinayak Kadam

Ok I will send you tomorrow.
    Thanks.