A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Quicktime is "dirty" after exporting in Flash CS4

Quicktime is "dirty" after exporting in Flash CS4

Hello

The quicktimes that I export all have these "dirty" frames. Like some parts of the previous frames get left behind. Like a ghost. I don't know how to explain it. Dirty is the closest I can think of. Searching around the net didn't come up with anything. Help please?

Hi

I've been having the same problem. The only thing I've been able to do, is set the movie to loop and export it for much longer than I need it and then hope for a clean version once the movie loops in Quicktime. Once I get a good version I trim to selection (using Quicktime Pro) and am able to use the piece. This works for smaller movies. Not sure what I would do with longer ones.

Hope that helps a bit. I know I've been pretty frustrated and very disappointed with this.

I've been having the exact same issue and have spent months trying to fix it, trying out every possible codec and settings combination that Flash has.

The quickest "solution" is to make the flash movie's fps a multiple of 15 (so 15fps or 30fps). Note this is the Flash fps, as well as the quicktime export fps. If you do this you'll get a perfect export with no ghosting or artifacting. Of course, if your movie wasn't made to be used at 30fps then this is no good for you...

humbuged, I'll try that one out! I havn't thought of that and it just might be the solution...