A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fiddler on the Roof

Fiddler on the Roof

My old school is putting on their spring musical right now and it is Fiddler on the Roof. My girlfriend is one of the daughters and I know almost the whole cast so it is pretty interesting watching it. I saw it opening night but going again tonight with some friends. It makes me miss going and seeing live stage shows. When I was overseas I saw over 25 shows. It was just so easy to walk to the west end and see a cheap show. I think I need to start actively looking around this area for some more.

Do you all enjoy live performances? What was the last show you saw?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

My younger brother was a lead in most of his high school plays plus my dad built most of the sets so I always enjoyed attending. He tries to do local playhouse stuff these days but it's difficult with his work and school load.

I am assuming he is in college- does the school not have a theater department?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

He's not a full time student, just taking a minimal set for a degree. It would still be hard for him to rehearse. He gets upset if he can't get into his role thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    My old school is putting on their spring musical right now and it is Fiddler on the Roof. My girlfriend is one of the daughters and I know almost the whole cast so it is pretty interesting watching it. I saw it opening night but going again tonight with some friends. It makes me miss going and seeing live stage shows. When I was overseas I saw over 25 shows. It was just so easy to walk to the west end and see a cheap show. I think I need to start actively looking around this area for some more.

Do you all enjoy live performances? What was the last show you saw?
    I have to say, I'm not a fan of "community theaters". I took a basic theater class in college and was force to attend a unique take on Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory played at a community theater. Sure, it wasn't that bad, but the atmosphere seems a little to "home"-y for me. For example, there were people advertising "Joe" and "Jane's" new marraige. I was like... ehh, that's nice... and who are they?

Other then that, I've seen pretty good shows from the university level and are rather impressive. Certainly not the same experience you can get from a movie theater.

I wouldn't even try to compare a play to a movie. Not even close to the same.