A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A video I made - construction criticism always welcomed

Talking A video I made - construction criticism always welcomed

Hey guys,

I've heard a lot of great things about this forum so I wanted to sign up and see how it goes~

I guess I'll make this among my first posts. I'm an aspiring filmmaker and wanted to share a video with you. It's for a Spirit Airlines competition. Not my best work to be honest. This was very much last minute and all my extras cancelled on me, lol, but oh well. I have other videos there too, one of which has won "Best Picture" for a university level film festival (called the Golden Armadillo). Anyways, without further ado, here's the video. Lemme know what cha' think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCmkhhmOt-s

thanks for signing up only to post about your video.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    thanks for signing up only to post about your video.
    Sure, no problem... Oh wait. That's right: All your forums are public so why register when you guys provide all the information needed? So, no, thank you for your humble greetings, I feel very welcomed here.

Your film isn't the least bit original.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svk8uD8KigU

it looked like it was taken from a really bad sexual harrassment psa.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

You know, I actually agree with both of you.

The sad part is that Spirit Airlines encouraged people to make videos on the stuff that people do that is considered low (They have a new marketing campaign titled "How Low Can You Go" where they encouraged people to video tape stuff like people stealing from the homeless or from church money). So if you think that video sucked? You should take a look at the other videos others made for the contest. http://www.youtube.com/groups_videos...howlowcanyougo

Spirit Airlines is notorious for controversial forms of advertising, including "Three-Some Sale" and "MILF" or something like that, this is more of a result of what they encourage.

So, I agree, it sucks (I only had a day to set everything together), and I considered pulling it out of the contest so many times, but at the same time I want to see how far I can get on this contest and see how many views it can get to be considered a finalists. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN View Post
    Your film isn't the least bit original.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svk8uD8KigU
    oh wow!! I actually haven't seen this before. I wish I had before it was made. Oh well, it's done nothing I can do at this point but to get rid of it after the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by nunin View Post
    Sure, no problem... Oh wait. That's right: All your forums are public so why register when you guys provide all the information needed? So, no, thank you for your humble greetings, I feel very welcomed here.
    Sarcasm was lost on you.

Anyway, as it stands, you posted it only once; therefore you did not spam the site like the other jokester that had plastered his youtube video on this site.

Simply put, as per the Flashkit FAQ/Rules, self-promotion is not really allowed here... it's a link in my footer. But feel free to place it on your footer in these public forums.

Thanks in advance for reading the rules.

Sarcasm was lost on you.

Anyway, as it stands, you posted it only once; therefore you did not spam the site like the other jokester that had plastered his youtube video on this site.

Simply put, as per the Flashkit FAQ/Rules, self-promotion is not really allowed here... it's a link in my footer. But feel free to place it on your footer in these public forums.

Technically, I didn't make it - i helped with the concept, get actors, and act in it, so is that still self promotion? lol

I'm an aspiring filmmaker and wanted to share a video with you.
    Yep. That's self-promotion.

Regardless, I won't continue down this downward spiral and get into a flame war - no need when the rules were already in place. Best of luck in your continued endeavors. Just don't spam this site.

Thanks in advance.

Cow Icon

Sarcasm was lost on you.

I should really read your thread fully before providing a feedback that's certainly not even up to par with your overall message.

But regardless, this is all a lost cost because I'm done with this board. My digital media professor listed this forum among the top flash forums for support - at least that aspect is true, but like all community boards I've joined in the past, they're full of egotistical idiots on power trips such as yourself who gets psychologically into a rule-slapping-newbie-punishing mode once that "moderator" tag is slapped on their profiles... Uuu! Wow!

Why won't you step outside for once Gerbit and exercise that fat a** of yours? Oh wait, that's right, in the real world you’re worth nothing - well that explains a lot.

All I have to say is word of mouth goes a long way. I'm sure due in time you'll figure out what that means, so thank your wannabe leader everyone. (hurry for the )

Now hurry up and ban me from this site, I’m actually the one who is going to enjoy it the most –it’ll help me forget about those 2 days I wasted my time trying to socialize, but I essentially don’t need a forum to do that unlike you guys – thank GOD for the real world.

You state the support of Flash, yet this isn't Flash related at all. In fact, all I've done is make you aware of a rule and you overreact as such. In the real world, you'd be laughed at even more.

Regardless, I won't even pull the ban on you. You're not worth the single click - it takes too much energy for my fat ass to move that far.

So you want Flash support; then actually post something about it. It's allowed. You don't want to have a rule reminder; then read the rules to avoid having somebody explain to you what a rule just may be. If you want to continue to spew forth more vitriol when honestly you're the one that posted your unoriginal, already existing feature; then guess you didn't do the research on that either... then so be it.

And the sad part that you don't seem to see; I could have left your post unapproved - it went right into the Spam Queue. I posted sarcasm, and you posted back - which most spammers don't even respond to. And I've left your post(s) intact, and only referred back to a rule.

Good luck talking to a judge, an officer, or your future bosses in the same way when they remind you of a simple rule.

My patience is wasted on you as well as my sarcasm. Have a good life. You can even keep your account. Just read the rules - I have other things to do.

Like eat 18 cupcakes. Later.

Insulting a moderator (and a super moderator, no less) is definitely the way to get banned, but before that happens, let's look at the other side.

You admitted in this post that you posted the video to see how many views it would receive. I'm not clear if this was for your own information or if the judges for the contest you're entering would be using that number, but in either case it's clearly for your own benefit. You hadn't made any attempt to properly introduce yourself or provide help in any of the forums. Instead, your very first post was a way for us to help you. Indeed, this is a help forum, but not for help winning contests by supplying page views.

But it was just one post, you say? Now, let's imagine that instead of being one of the top forums for flash help, we became known as the best place for people to post their videos to win contests. Do you think everyone that comes here wants to read nothing but posts with links to videos or other content to help someone win a contest?

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Mmmmm... cupcakes.

dont ban nunin till she votes for this round of marchmadness, http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=791372

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    ...so thank your wannabe leader everyone.
    Wrong forum... he's over in the Photography forum.

Why won't you step outside for once Gerbit and exercise that fat a** of yours?
    Pwahahaha!
    She's got your number, Gerbs.
    Must have seen your helmet pic.

All kidding aside, I find the "step outside into the real world" comments hilariously ironic considering they're directed to the one guy who probably has more worldwide, real-life experience than all the rest of us combined.

i love how i just spit an entire mouthfull of Coke(the cola) onto my laptop.

lmfao. the cupcakes. I just laughed way too hard while in the office.

I bet his/her next post is about how his/her mom said we're all a bunch of inept jackasses.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

just to continue the flame war here...

Nunin...that video was horrendous. Way to get a good first step here by posting crap. No one likes you. go away.

There, that should do it...