dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Conficker C Worm - April 1st = Doomsday?

Conficker C Worm - April 1st = Doomsday?

In an event that hits the computer world only once every few years, security experts are racing against time to mitigate the impact of a bit of malware which is set to wreak havoc on a hard-coded date. As is often the case, that date is April 1.

Malware creators love to target April Fool's Day with their wares, and the latest worm, called Conficker C, could be one of the most damaging attacks we've seen in years.

Conficker first bubbled up in late 2008 and began making headlines in January as known infections topped 9 million computers. Now in its third variant, Conficker C, the worm has grown incredibly complicated, powerful, and virulent... though no one is quite sure exactly what it will do when D-Day arrives.
    Great. Read more here.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Official Vermont Photo Mod WannaBe_80z's Avatar
    Read about that. Symantec has a free tool to get rid of it and block it.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Great story on 60 Minutes about this tonight. I can't wait for every relative/friend I have to call me to "fix their conficker."
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

My phone will be disconnected.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Its not only Conficker but there's Downadup, and Kido who are more powerful than the first one and are all bond together. Why? Conficker ingnite Downadup and Kido that are Trojan Horses. This means externally open access from anywhere to do whatever you want but from millions of computers. Remember "Mafia Boy"?! Thousand of computers that are sending bomb packets to a couple of URL (amazon, ebay and so on...) causing 2 days with NO service.

What is really cool about this NEW type of virus (because it is) is that they updates themselves from the many different BOSS around the world making it different on many different computers.. finally its a immense network that can "talk" to each other, updating and evolving.

1/4 Million to stop this.. it will do more damage. See something near trillions.. lol ...
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

You failed to mention that the 'many different BOSS' is actually in the tens of thousands and increasing as we speak. How to eradicate them all? Like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Btw, remind me if OS X is affected by this?

Quote Originally Posted by Googooboyy View Post
    Btw, remind me if OS X is affected by this?
    if you have Parallels, BootCamp and so on ... yes
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

two words for you

Skynet, Terminators
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

don't worry John McLane will save us with the next Die Hard :sarcasm:
    "All men are equal. All men, that is, who possess umbrellas."
    E.M. Forster

That reminds me, Eagle Eye is the new king of bs movie-tech.

My computer is still working...
    hello.

sad

so far nothing going on.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

All quiet around here.

My computer took ages to start up, hung on "Preparing Desktop", my keyboard is now reconfigured to an American layout, all the visual styles had reverted to the old ones and a load of drivers had been disabled. I'm guessing this is just because I didn't turn off my pc correctly last night and not the result of a virus.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

- In Iceland, Conficker brought a brief thaw to the long economic winter that began last year with the government's inexorable slide into bankruptcy. According to local news reports, shortly after midnight local time, an ATM in the capital city of Reykjavik began spewing 100-Krona notes. Banking officials there reportedly said the Microsoft Windows-based based bank system began disbursing the bills after a local prankster crammed an infected USB stick into the maw of the teller machine.
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/sec...ss=securityfix