A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Aperture / lightroom

Aperture / lightroom

I am off to get a MacBook tomorrow but what software?

APERTURE 2 or LIGHTROOM 2

I already have Adobe Photoshop CS2 so I will be taking that off of my PC and putting that onto the Mac but what other programme should I get?

Mainly I am getting the Mac for my Photography, I am off to The World Snooker Championships in 3 weeks for 18 days and this is the main reason for the spend.

During the day while I am at the competition I will simply just be down sizing the images (Usually using CS2 automate) and FTP them upto my photo server but in the evenings I will be adjusting the images for use on snooker websites and forums that I run.

I use lightroom and it is starting to grow on me. Been sorta in a photo slump the past few weeks(again...) so I haven't really used it much. Can't compare it to aperture though but I would stick with lightroom as it is adobe and all their products play nice together.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Always Twirling Toward Freedom pooon's Avatar
    I can't speak on behalf aparature (windows user), but I absolutly adore lightroom. It has some built in FTP stuff, although I've never used it (I just upload all my stuff to flickr). The interface is slick and intuitive and you can jump back and forth between it and photoshop with ease.

OK guys thanks for the advice, I didn't have time to go and pick the MacBook up today but will be doing it tomorrow morning and will try and make my mind up by then.

What I may do is download a trial of each and test them both out.

Sounds like a plan. Trials are always good.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I got the trial of Lightroom on the PC now and yeah its not bad, quite like it.

Think its gonna do what I need, basically I need to goto the computer download the images form my camera, make a few clicks and it adjusts my images to pre sets and FTP's them to a server while I am free to go and take pictures again.

And I am pretty sure that Lightroom is the kid on the block that can do this for me quite easily. But must check out the trial of Aperture first as it is cheaper and from what I hear runs quicker than Lightroom.