A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HELP : Need to insert HTM site into flash

Unhappy HELP : Need to insert HTM site into flash

Hi Guys...

I am bust doing a demo for a WAP site and it would like to bring in this WAP site into the flash demo without having to recreate it. Site is very simple and made up of images and HTM code.

I basically need tis site to function as it stands now but within my flash movie. Sort of like embedding it within an iframe on a website.

Please help deadline is in 4 hours and im quite desperate.

Thanks
    Dru

Just use an iframe or regular frames to show the site. There's no easy way to display an html site in flash.

Banned
    flash doesn't natively support html tags, but i think DENG may help you. get it here. open up the files test.fla and test.as. find the variable DOCUMENT_URL and change its value to the url of your site. save test.as and compile test.fla. then in your flash file embed test.swf with this code on the main timeline:
    PHP Code:
    var mcl:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
    mcl.addListener(this);
    mcl.loadClip("test.swf"destinationClip); 
    finally, create a new movieclip, place it on the stage and give it an instance name of destinationClip. Test your Movie. you now should see your mini WAP site in your flash movie. if not, it's because of DENG's low compatibility.
    ps. make sure you have your swf, test.swf and deng.swf in the same folder(directory).
    hope i helped.
    it's for as2 only. if you're using as3, i'm sorry but i'm unable to provide a solution.