A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] AS3 load external swf with loader - blendmodes not working

Hybrid View

resolved [RESOLVED] AS3 load external swf with loader - blendmodes not working

introLoader=new Loader();

this.addChild(introLoader);

introLoader.load(new URLRequest("Intro.swf"));

in the swf Intro.swf I have movieclips with different blend modes - e.g. screen - the movieclips contains a bitmapsequence - when loading runtime the swf does not show any blend modes??

Is it something to do with the Loader-class not rendering blendmodes for its content

introSwf=introLoader.content as MovieClip;

Seems the problem is - in the external swf I have to Mvoieclips - BOTH with bitmap sequences - The one has a png with alpha seq. with NORMAL blendmode ON TOP of another movieclip with a jpg sequence of grayscale effect using SCREEN mode - everything at the root level of the 2 sequence mc's render fine - but in its parent timeline/root the jpeg does not have the screen effect anymore

In the external swf i just created a new mc - renamed it to the old one - Copied all frames except the layer with the sequence of jpegs(with screen - blendmode) - from Library dragged the seq. of jpegs to new mc - again set it to screen and rest normal - the mc looked exactly like the old one - deleted the old one - and now it is working

Only thing now with these sequence of jpegs/pngs is to cater for the memory leak bug

http://blog.formatlos.de/2009/04/09/...memory-issues/