dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: :::Confirmation Page:::

Lightbulb :::Confirmation Page:::

Greetings,

I am interested in an application that will be a web based confirmation page that has the users name and a unique confirmation number, in addition to have the page printable.

I also wish to have this information (name & number) to also drop in a flat-file database that will be stored on a server. The database can be a simple .txt format.

I can code with any code available, but I want it to be compatible with the most commonly used browsers. I have a very strong preference for user-friendly applications, especially for security.

I could construct this from scratch though it won't necessarily make it to the deadline, especially since I will need to filter-test it for bugs or other revisions.

I would appreciate various examples as well.

many thanks,

basically a two page confirmation message that the user types in their info, after the submission the page pops up with their name & a unique number. The unique number along with the submitted information is posted in a database.

This seems like it may need PHP for the scripts to be used.

folks can provide more than one example for the confirmation page.

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    There's a few ways to do this with PHP:

First would be to have your first page with the form. Post it to your confirmation page. On the confirmation page, stuff the variables that were POSTed into a $_SESSION variable, or a cookie. Display those variables for confirmation. Then on submit, you can pull those stored variables to insert into your database.

Second would be to start with the same form. Post to the confirmation page. On this confirmation page, you'd have a hidden form with all the same fields, and with PHP you could populate that form. Hint: <input type="hidden"> Then on submit, POST that hidden form to the final page which adds the stuff to your database.