A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Internet location potentialy unsafe

Internet location potentialy unsafe

Seems like everyone gets this message at some point. Ahhh, but how to get rid of it.

My incarnation of the issue:

I'm getting the "has stopped a potentially unsafe operation" message, only when I attempt to debug (ctrl-shift-ent) a fla versus test (ctrl-ent). (I'm guessing because debug is more of a publish situation.

So, in the offending dialogue I click the settings button as recommended -- it takes me to the abobe public site&page where my supposedly
    unsafe internet-enabled location is _already_ greenchecked for trust. Great!.

So close the window and restart the fla debug again. Same message and situation.
    I never did tell it explicitly to trust the site --
    so do I need to confirm the site's trustworthiness, say by clicking "OK"? If so, where is the OK button? -- there are no buttons of any sort of confirmation on that adobe GSS page.

How can I get my debug session to progress to the point of being useful?

thanks fellow noobs, B

ok, so I rtfp. GSS says that I can add the locations, and though there is no ok button they do seem to take. I added the fully pathed name of the SWF file I'm attempting to debug, and the folder its in as trusted locations. So, I have the fla/swf source locations and the internet enabled location of the files I'm attempting to grab marked as safe/trusted.

still ng. I can't debug because GSS keeps stopping for potentially unsafe. This does seem ludicrous.

Try adding "/" (without the quotes) as a location. That should allow anything being run from your computer to communicate without the message.
    Break it until it works.

Thank you, hi-flyin CJ! That appears to have done it!

the first re-attempt didn't seem to - so I also removed some nested folders that had spaces in the names (%etc.). Now I'm not sure how to get back to that page to try either by themselves. but for prosperity and future readers...
    Basil: Manuel, you...know...nothing.
    Manuel: Ohh, noo. Missah Fawlty, I learn! I learn!