A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Drag and Drop Shuffle with AS 2.0

Drag and Drop Shuffle with AS 2.0

I apologize in advance if this seems like an easy problem but I can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy! Any help is appreciated.

I have three movie clips in a horizontal line (MC1, MC2, MC3) that need to be shuffled around to three set locations - you could call them targets but I haven't set them up to be targets. I need to pick up one movie clip and drag it to another movie clip's location, have the other movie clip (or clips) move out of the way while I am still dragging the first movie clip. And so on and so forth.

I have the move function working when the dragged movieclip is released, but I don't know how to get the other movie clips to get out of the way while the dragged movie clip is still "in action". This has to be done using Actionscript 2.0.

I'm attaching a drawing to help visualize. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

|-'|-'|
    this is not exactly what you wanted, but it should get you started.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks very much, Gu35s!

Could you please tell me how to modify the code so that the transitions are smooth and not "snappy"?

|-'|-'|
    by setting a variable to hold the target's next position and moving _x and _y toward it instead of setting the _x and _y immediately to the target's position.