A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash app hanging in ie7

Flash app hanging in ie7

've made a Flash app in as3. When it's executed in Firefox everything works fine, but in ie7 it's hanging.

When the app is executed an xml is loaded. When the xml is loaded from the server, everything works fine, but when the xml is loaded from te webcache, the app starts hanging.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens?
    Last edited by vator; 04-16-2009 at 08:40 AM.

Ө_ө sleepy mod
    I hit an IE7/caching bug about a month ago - the problem was the stage dimensions, which don't get set properly in cached swfs. Not sure if it's the same issue but worth a look: https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-434

I don't think it's the same bug. There is nothing wrong with the stage. In my app I load an xml, and then draw some graph based on the xml.

When the app is executed in ie7 and loads from webcache, the xml is loaded but it does not draw any graphs...

I've also put some textboxes where I print messages from code like trace, and it executes my drawCurves function...

Weird...

Ө_ө sleepy mod
    You can always throw a unique string (like the timestamp) onto the end of the uri to stop it from caching...it's hackey but it gets the job done.

I've tried that, but it didn't work...

I found out what the problem was with my code. It didn't have anything to do with loading the xml as I first thought. It was the stageHeight bug in IE...

http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/issues/detail?id=3