A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Thinker.

New Thinker.

This is just wild.

t's a picture that's sure to make your hair stand on end.

A daredevil inventor has created a shocking new image of Rodin's 'The Thinker' - by shooting 500,000 volts of electricity down his body as he sat in the pose.

Using a home-built Tesla coil pieced together from junk and bits from hardware stores, Peter Terren risked his life to make the electrifying image.

He was also only protected from painful death by electrocution by a layer of cheap builders' foil.

Terren, from Bunbury, Western Australia,said: 'I wanted to convey the concept of the modern electrical age with the barrage of electrical interference in our lives. So much is happening and demanding our attention that it is difficult to "think".

'I decided upon a real life posture like the thinker with a lot of electrical activity around me with sparks onto my body.'

is previous Tesla experiments have seen him wrapped in a Faraday cage - like a see-through Dalek - but this time he wanted to push himself.

Peter's face was protected by a mask made of fine strands of stainless steel and his 'safety suit' consisted of a wrapping of builders' insulating foil. A wig covered up a foil headcap.

The electricity fired from the Tesla rod, which is passed over him in a semi-circle, can then pass down the foil suit and safely out to the earth through his foot.

The 52-year-old said: 'In doing this I wanted to do something new that also challenged the boundaries.

'Allowing the sparks to contact my body or face directly is not safe of course. A single spark that gets past the defences would throw me to the ground in intense pain like a Taser shock.

'Multiple sparks would also stop me breathing and be fatal.'
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Wonder how long before we see this on the road...
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

Yeah the car one is impressive. Has anyone else seen or even BEEN to a set by a dj using those coils for part of the beat? Pretty cool idea but awful sounding haha.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

They have a death wish.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]