A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No multiple loadEvent.currentTarget.content in function?

Will moderate for beer
    It's flash's response to that AS, which may or may not be due to fla corruption. Even if the script were completely evil and invalid, the worst it should be able to do to flash is cause it to throw compile errors.

I'd guess that the same code compiled with the flex sdk would be absolutely fine.

Will moderate for beer
    Just checked. Very similar code does in fact work fine in flashdevelop using the flex sdk.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I removed the package code and public text to make this not error. Would that cause it not to work? also what is the purpose of wrapping it in a package and using the public/private types of functions? I know I should search.

Will moderate for beer
    When you're using separate actionscript files rather than frame script you need to put things in packages, and you really really should specify public/private (if you do not specify it goes into one of the scopes anyway and you get warnings).

In frame script, you're not allowed to put things in further packages or mark public/private because frame script is essentially the body of a generated function which is already in a package.

You are right 5Tons. I opened the swf in just flash player and it works! boo ya.

Thanks for all your guys help!