A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Online gallery

Online gallery

How do you display your photos online, except from this board? Flickr, private website?

I was developing a gallery, but with too many exams etc. takes all of my time. So what do you suggest?

I already have a deviantart account, but I don't know many people there so I don't use it much. I considered Flickr, but don't know if this is good or not, or which options exists? Or do you suggest that I download a freeware thing and host it on my server?

Any feedback (and links to your galleries) appreciated

This is in no way finished but I tried all sorts of gallery software and never really liked any of them. My approach now is - put all your photos on one page, style your img tag to display:block, give it a margin and add a css border. Usually a white boder works but on the following page I just use a grey border:

http://johnloydall.co.uk/photography/brazil/

I should really give these pics more of a bottom margin and align them etc.. but you get the idea.

My thinking is - most people have broadband so having all those images on 1 page isn't an issue and, when they've loaded, the user doesn't have to click any javascript powered gallery app or anything..

It's easy to update as well - just add your images and the css takes care of it.

It might not be to everyone's taste but it suits my requirements.

www.pixelpost.org is a nice option and plenty of already made templates to tweak to your liking. I have actually taken mine down for the time being as it was crap and got picked up by a spam bot so I get a **** load of spam comments a day so just make sure to add a captcha to your comments if you have them.

I just use flickr right now and it is a great way to share and see others work but I don't think of it as a proper portfolio/gallery.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Pixel post seem good!
    Just gotta find a nice cheap Dutch Host now so I can get back to designing something after 6 years away
    Been a while since I was here! Might just stay around this time! | Check out my Deviations - all comments welcomed!

And I am online

http://magnusvs.net/gallery/

The pixelpost solution seems quite good so far