A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] How to use/What is the purpose of a Flash Project (.flp)?

[F8] How to use/What is the purpose of a Flash Project (.flp)?

Hey All,

I'm not really a Flash Newbie, but I've never used Flash Projects (.flp) before, and it seems like a basic feature; however, there's absolutely NOTHING in the help files that explains EXACTLY what a Flash Project (.flp) is, or is meant to do!

So, my issue is this, I have a "Loader.exe" that loads a bunch of external swfs. Ideally, I would've liked to be able to give my client just 1 exe, so that they wouldn't have to deal with multiple files/directories etc. However; each of the external swfs have audio, and in some cases video, which makes trying to combine everything into 1 .fla prohibitive because the file size of that .fla shoots through the roof. Even just trying to navigate through graphics to edit animation becomes a sloooow process.

So, I was trying to come up with ways to bundle/package my Loader.exe as well as the external swfs into a single file (almost like a .zip file). I know there are 3rd party programs out there (Flash Jugglor) that can do this... but I was hoping there may be some built-in feature. So, I thought using a Flash Project (.flp) might be able to accomplish something similar, but I could only find the following couple of sentences about FLPs:

"Create a new Flash Project file (*.flp). Use Flash Project files to group related files (*.fla, *.as, *.jsfl, and media files), set up publish settings for the group, and implement version control options."

Doesn't really tell me much! So, if anyone can give me a quick explanation, or point me to a place where I can get a better idea of what a Flash Project (.flp) DOES, I would greatly appreciate it!

Hell if I know!? Never even looked at it.
    http://code.mneilsworld.com/
    Text Effects | Bubbles | Dynamic Resize
    4 weeks , 20 papers ... thats 2 dollars .....Caassshhh!

This never got answered, so I'm hoping someone can shed some light...