A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to cut shapes in flash like this

How to cut shapes in flash like this

Is it possible? I can't figure out how to do it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

AS2 intolerant person
    if you ever find out, i will hunt you down and kiss you

flos

I'm a Flash novice myself, so I may be misunderstanding the question, but I found two ways to create that shape.

1. Draw a square with "Drawing Objects" turned off. Draw another square of a different color, rotate it and place it over the corner of the first square. Click on the background with the black arrow, then click on the second square and delete it. In my test, this deleted the portion of the first square underneath.

2. Draw a square, then use the pen tool to add and subtract points. I found that it only let me add one point at a time. I had to deselect the square and reselect it before I could add the second point, then delete the corner point.

Again, you may be looking for something totally different, but I found the question interesting since the drawing tools in Flash are somewhat clunky compared to Illustrator, at least for me.

Good Luck

Thanks. I eventually just used Photoshop. Lack of flexibility in terms of shapes, drawing and suchlike I suppose are limited because other Adobe programs provide them. And those programs need to be sold.. We can't have all in one

I think you have a point. Adobe seems to be working toward making Photoshop and Illustrator as compatible with Flash as possible. I just discovered that you can create Movie Clip Symbols in Illustrator. On the two flash projects I've done, I just created my art in Illustrator and imported it into Flash. That's much less stressful than wrestling with Flash's drawing tools.