A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: E3 Rumor Mill

E3 Rumor Mill

I know this is a little bit early but a lot of rumors are already starting to hit the blogs. What are you all looking forward to?

Mine so far-
    Pretty excited to see what the design of the new PSP will be like(if real) and what sorta spec's it has.

Interested in seeing what Sony and Microsoft do to compete with Nintendo's motion sensor market. I mean if Sony or Microsoft can pull it off half way decent they will pretty much have the high end market and then take Nintendo's niche market away and sadly Nintendo can't do the same to them and try to go into the high end gaming without a whole new console. The only thing left for Nintendo will be their trademark characters/games and even those are getting old since the last 3-4 generations have just been the same games just "prettier" looking.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I think nintendo is content with where they are. They Truely are not competing with the other big two. With the motionplus Finally bringing 1-1 motion sensing to the Wii i find myself really looking into either getting the new tigerwoods or EA tennis that its going to come bundled with.

Im anxious to see if sony will finally discount the Ps3 like they should have done last year. With edios offering a playable Joker in the new batman game i can see Alot of people getting a Ps3 and the PS3 version of the game.

Blizzard still has an un-annouced game im hoping they pull the lid off of, Nintendo has a major Wii Game announcement(maybe a new zelda with 1-1 sword fighting?!)

All in all there are not a whole lot im looking forward to.

Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, The conduit, And the motionplus are the big things im interested in.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Maybe some D3 beta keys?! I can only hope to get one.

Of all the stuff I have read nothing huge or even close to remotely interesting from the Microsoft camp. Hopefully they have a surprise attack.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

They're probably in mourning again after this: red2blu

$4.95 plus shipping and handling? Psh how about free for the hassle and a refund on the players.

Sony PSP sans UMD will only succeed if they have a proper way to convert prior UMD purchases to electronic version(s) only. Otherwise, it's gonna flop.

A new package for the PS3, a future version of the 160gb with Uncharted 2 limited edition PS3, and a download only version of a Gran Turismo (limited, two cars one or two tracks) for the PSP and updated Gran Turismo download content for PS3.

A few other things, such as a few games that haven't been mentioned - see LAN play to make a comeback in a couple of games. id Software has been somewhat quiet, I expect something from them.

Nintendo, nothing new. Sega - they got a couple of games they've rescued that the American core gamers don't know that much about for the Wii. I just want Muramasa for my Wii posthaste.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    $4.95 plus shipping and handling? Psh how about free for the hassle and a refund on the players.
    How about stupid consumers taking on their own fiscal responsibility for gambling on future technology. Everyone who bought an HD-DVD player and corresponding HD-DVDs to play on the player knew full well that there was a format war going on and if they didn't want to risk the inevitable, keep your hard earned cash in pocket and don't be such an early adopter.

These things weren't recalled for safety hazards or something like that. This isn't a baby carriage with bad locking mechanisms, or a microwave oven that shorts out. You buy a stupid product, expect to get burned once in a while. These same people are probably stocking up on Sham-wows and Extenze pills. Come on, people. Seriously...come on.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2 View Post
    I think nintendo is content with where they are. They Truely are not competing with the other big two. With the motionplus Finally bringing 1-1 motion sensing to the Wii i find myself really looking into either getting the new tigerwoods or EA tennis that its going to come bundled with.

Im anxious to see if sony will finally discount the Ps3 like they should have done last year. With edios offering a playable Joker in the new batman game i can see Alot of people getting a Ps3 and the PS3 version of the game.

Blizzard still has an un-annouced game im hoping they pull the lid off of, Nintendo has a major Wii Game announcement(maybe a new zelda with 1-1 sword fighting?!)

All in all there are not a whole lot im looking forward to.

Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, The conduit, And the motionplus are the big things im interested in.
    Motion Plus will probably end up as a failure...not because I doubt the technology, but because I doubt that developpers will bother to use it much. Sure, EA is planning to use it in a bunch of their sports games as a side option, but who would use it as a primary control choice? Seems kinda risky, considering most developers already don't want to take the risk to make more traditional games on the Wii, it might be tough to convince them Motion+ will be populare enough to make it worthwhile.

And if they just include it as a secondary control scheme, that would bug me, because then chances are the game isn't using it's full potential, if it's possible to play it without M+.

Then again, Majora's Mask for the N64 used the Expansion Pak, and it sold 3 million.

Also, Blizzard has an unannouced game? Neato.

The--flash, the Wii is a differnt kind of beast. Its not for hardcore players. Sure they have some games that the casual crowd wouldnt be into (mad world anyone?)

Motion plus is going to be great with the casual crowd.

Golf & tennis & boxing & sword fighting games with 1-1? Im dying to play the conduit and see if it is going to bring FPS to another level control wise. is it a niche console? yeah, but its damn good at what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2 View Post
    The--flash, the Wii is a differnt kind of beast. Its not for hardcore players. Sure they have some games that the casual crowd wouldnt be into (mad world anyone?)
    Yeah, that's why the whole M+ addon troubles me. If Nintendo markets it right, and makes it the thing to have, then there won't be any problem, because loads of other devs will want to hop on the bandwagon and use it properly.

But if it doesn't really catch on, and people decide they're satisfyed with the original Wii Sports, none of the devs will bother to put it in after awhile, and it will fade away, like the Wii Balance Board. I can't remember how many games actually supported it after Wii Fit...but it's barely even mentioned now.

It is just some silly looking(imo) addon now but I bet by the end of the year or by next spring they will just have it be an all-in-one controller that looks like the original and will just come with all the new systems and it will be a standard not something you have to get after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by the--flash View Post
    Yeah, that's why the whole M+ addon troubles me. If Nintendo markets it right, and makes it the thing to have, then there won't be any problem, because loads of other devs will want to hop on the bandwagon and use it properly.

But if it doesn't really catch on, and people decide they're satisfyed with the original Wii Sports, none of the devs will bother to put it in after awhile, and it will fade away, like the Wii Balance Board. I can't remember how many games actually supported it after Wii Fit...but it's barely even mentioned now.
    shaun white snowboarding, Wii Ski, Wii fit, Skate It, are just some of the bigger names, There are more.

The thing about the Wii is just because its not making ground breaking annoucements you assume its not selling well. When the next wii Sports comes out when its shipped with M+ its going to be the best selling game. Everyone that owns a wii will buy it, if only for the M+

That's all true and it is a cheap add-on. $20 if I remember. I mean that could rack up quite a bit if you're looking to add it to all 4 controllers some have but whatever. My only gripe is how bulky it is added to the original controller. I think the controller now is the perfect size.

To add to silver's comments, isn't Wii Fit still a very popular item from a total sales perspective?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ideo_games#Wii
    That article also lists top sales for all other systems as well. Looks like 14 million units (keep in mind that each one also requires the purchase of a $100 controller.)

I'd say if M+ has even half of that penetration, that is going to be a very good day for the Nintendo team.
    Last edited by hanratty21; 05-05-2009 at 10:26 AM.

According to data from this week, Wiifit was the top selling "game" in the UK last week.

Yeah whenever I swing through a game store I don't see any on the shelves.

and a women at work still talks about doing wii fit and playing all the little mini games. it's just too bad she isn't hot like the hula hoop video girl.

there is a reason the hoola hoop girl was video taped from behind wannabe.

trust me. no angle saves this one.

Unless the 'angle' comes in a six-pack.

I agree M+ is going to be a best seller, but I don't think it's going to change the Wii very much. Some games might use it to enhance their gameplay, but few will use it to define it, like Red Steel 2, which seems to require it.