A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 9 of 96 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

humph, this is a test if whether you are a optimist or not.

I just won the rare vampire blade, but on my temporary beta account.

good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post
    humph, this is a test if whether you are a optimist or not.

I just won the rare vampire blade, but on my temporary beta account.

good or bad?
    Good luck, but I'd cry anyway.

I somehow have amazingly good luck with rares on live, I have a vampire stiletto there...

Anybody got a single turn damage record?

I just did (or would have except my opponent didn't have that much life left) 78 damage in a sigle turn with firefly/rustler.

I have a screenshot but I couldn't figure out how to post it.

All that chaos with the mutated creatures is intended, once a creature successfully becomes a mutant it will keep mutating every time a copy is made.
    I think it is in line with the entropy style and it is fun.

Photosynthesis too is intentionally usable multiple times, as described on "rustler" card.

I understand is kind of confusing when mutant creatures have skill not described in the card, but, well, that's part of the entropy game and that is where experienced players get the most out of mutation.

The spinning wheel follows "slot machine" rules so, yes, it is intended that only if the first two are the same you get the extra coin

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    I understand is kind of confusing when mutant creatures have skill not described in the card, but, well, that's part of the entropy game and that is where experienced players get the most out of mutation.
    Actually I was finding it most valuable for destroying enemy creatures I had no other way to touch - notably otyughs, firefly queens (Do they have enough life for something so dangerous? Seriously?) and dragons of various sorts. All are good targets to mutate if I don't have a direct kill available for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    Actually I was finding it most valuable for destroying enemy creatures I had no other way to touch - notably otyughs, firefly queens (Do they have enough life for something so dangerous? Seriously?) and dragons of various sorts. All are good targets to mutate if I don't have a direct kill available for them.
    Cool idea, I like the startegy. I think I will play a bit with the mutation cards.

Actually I just realized it may work really well with my current strategy. I end up with lots of extra firefly and more than one rustler really doesn't do all that much good. plus I am using nova to get the rustler - firefly queen - firefly process started. once it is going it can usually sustain itself and I have all those left over mana of the elements I don't use. It's a tricky balance between staying focussed on your main straengths and taking advantage of addition synergies in the cards.
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-04-2009 at 08:30 PM.

I found another minor bug.

I used a blessing on a pegasus, used the the pegasus special attack and then cast another blessing on him after using his special but before the end of the turn. After he attacked his attack stength went to 7 when it should have been 9. It looks like the special ending halved the power of the second blessing as well.

the sequence for clarity:

start turn ---> pegasus (att:3)
    blessing ---> pegasus (att:6)
    dive ---> pegasus (att:12)
    blessing ---> pegasus (att:15)
    end turn ---> pegasus (att:7)

Maybe this is one of those penalties for doing things in dumb order but it was not what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerpistol View Post
    But the description of Momentum is that it prevents the damage the creature does being reduced, Fire shield causes damage to creatures attacking it so a creature with Momentum should still be affected?
    The description is a bit misleading. Momentum is supposed to protect creatures from all shields except the Dimensional Shield.

And offtopic.. wow, the game (and this thread) came far in the past couple days. XD I feel so behind now.

EDIT: The A.I. used the special attacks that double the creature's attacks when I had Dimensional Shield out.
    Last edited by icecue7; 06-04-2009 at 11:09 PM.

I came across the guy in the top 50 who only has aether pillars in his deck. I forget the name but if memory serves me he was ranked 22. It totally screws up the spinner at the end of the game, so you have to reload.

BTW: this was in the official standings not the beta version.
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-05-2009 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post
    I came across the guy in the top 50 who only has aether pillars in his deck. I forget the name but if memory serves me he was ranked 22. It totally screws up the spinner at the end of the game, so you have to reload.
    The whole top 50 deck thing is odd, it pulls from however you actually leave your deck - no registering required once you do the initial listing. The guy may have just been doing a test to see how many pillars he could put in then left and not even realized he'd be getting it ranked.

Really, the top 50 needs doing some other way where the decks that get registered into it have to win a certain number of matches unchanged and then get locked into place (The user could get a new version in to replace that by winning enough with it, but not simply for testing.)

Problem with Highscore and Pvp

Hey Ppl!

Since today i got a Problem with highscore and Pvp.
    Everytime i try to view the highscore Table the Page loads a while, then returns to the menu.
    When i try Pvp the Page loads and wont show me an Oponent.

Anyone with the same issues?

Greetings from Austria, Mephistom.

Yes today the server that stores the high scores is down... not much I can do, so no pvp or high scores until mochiads fixes it

Quote Originally Posted by Mephistom View Post
    Hey Ppl!

Since today i got a Problem with highscore and Pvp.
    Everytime i try to view the highscore Table the Page loads a while, then returns to the menu.
    When i try Pvp the Page loads and wont show me an Oponent.

Anyone with the same issues?
    Yeah, i've got the same problem, Maybe the server is down.

EDIT: it's fixed now
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-05-2009 at 02:26 PM.

i see...
    Well, lets hope they work fast hehe

If possible I'd really like to see darkness get a draw mechanic or at least some medium power and life creatures. But also I must say this is an incredibly addictive and fun game thanks for making it.

Oook it looks like the new version is much better than the old one, so I'll just fix the last minor bugs and I'll replace the old version and the old database.

If everything goes smoothly the player won't even realize something happened, until they see the new cards at the bazaar.

But... minor saving glitches can happen while I am moving things around.

I'd like to request the ability to save deck configurations to make switching deck styles and elements easier. For example, you create a new "deck" named "Firebolt Spam" that contains only pillars and firebolts. Then you create another deck named "Fire Creatures" that focus on Ash Eaters, Crimson Dragons and Fire Spirits. In the future instead of adding/removing cards one-by-one you simply select the deck from your list.

This could also solve the problem mentioned above about the Top 50 players changing their deck to something they never actually used. Instead, you keep track of the score of each DECK, and then maybe each of the Top 50 players' top deck would go in to the rotation.

hi,

Mulligan - i don't think that with a minimum of 30 card deck + 6 copies maximum + 1 free "mana" production per turn will need such a rule - in MTG it is necessary because it have a minimum of 60 card deck, 4 maximum copies and 0 mana per turn.
    Like zanzarino said, if you got no Pillars/Nova in the first hand you will need only to discard - and if the deck is well constructed then you will have always, or the mana that you need, or the one card that is not necessary to discard, and always good odds that the next card get you out of trouble

Purify - I like as it stands - right now I use purify because of many poison based decks - the game doesn't have side-board, and the decision of using or not purify in the deck is all about meta-game which I found it cool

bug - the deck "entro" with only Aether pillars played, made my browser crash, the slot-machine got crazy and i had to close

save - the game should have a "save game" button - every time I come to the the game my stats are allways back to a previous days ago stats - it is very anoying because I already won a rare card after a dozens of fights and when I come back it was gone because my stats - cards, win/loss and score - are always going back to the stats of 28,450
    Last edited by -Samura-; 06-05-2009 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Samura- View Post
    Purify - I like as it stands - right now I use purify because of many poison based decks - the game doesn't have side-board, and the decision of using or not purify in the deck is all about meta-game which I found it cool
    Purify is still the only card in the game that can become purely useless if you're not fighting one specific opponent (Someone who poisons you). Barring really odd decks like no-creature ones, which I don't believe cards should be designed to have alternatives for (ie, thunderstorm is useless then but that kind of deck is going to be rare enough to not matter).

save - the game should have a "save game" button - every time I come to the the game my stats are allways back to a previous days ago stats - it is very anoying because I already won a rare card after a dozens of fights and when I come back it was gone because my stats - cards, win/loss and score - are always going back to the stats of 28,450
    The game should auto-save to its database, if it's not there's a bug.

Edit: Thought just occurred to me:
    Mulligan - i don't think that with a minimum of 30 card deck + 6 copies maximum + 1 free "mana" production per turn will need such a rule - in MTG it is necessary because it have a minimum of 60 card deck, 4 maximum copies and 0 mana per turn.
    Like zanzarino said, if you got no Pillars/Nova in the first hand you will need only to discard - and if the deck is well constructed then you will have always, or the mana that you need, or the one card that is not necessary to discard, and always good odds that the next card get you out of trouble
    The thing is, if multi-element decks are being encouraged then it's very possible to end up with no way to get the alternate elements out, and the auto element may not be any use for that either. So if you start with none of the pillars you need you could be screwed for the game, 30 card deck with 6 limit notwithstanding. It encourages single color decks.
    Last edited by Bianary; 06-05-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Purify is still the only card in the game that can become purely useless if you're not fighting one specific opponent (Someone who poisons you).
    yes.. that is why is cool ... you have to decide if it is wise or not to spend one space in your deck with purify.. depending on the dominant decks - I think is not to be a multi-tool card but an ambient dependent card (if all the cards are always useful in any situation the game is trivialized and no strategy is ever needed ... which would be bad...)

The game should auto-save to its database, if it's not there's a bug.
    agree (is a bug, but if as a save-game button things could be more simpler to know if it being saved or not)

The thing is, if multi-element decks are being encouraged then it's very possible to end up with no way to get the alternate elements out, and the auto element may not be any use for that either. So if you start with none of the pillars you need you could be screwed for the game, 30 card deck with 6 limit notwithstanding. It encourages single color decks.
    ...well .. I used to play with a multicolor 30 card deck that win 8-9/10 of the time ... it is all about the right quantities ... as you know, a multi deck is not only doing 6+6+6+6+6 card wishing for the combo ... you know that the combo come by if we do the right proportion of "mana" need/cards ...

because new cards are going to come (and they are AWESOME!!) .. I think is no problem to say here what deck I was using:

here the list and probabilities of getting at least 1 in the 8-card-first-hand (reading the table is 1 - p(k=0) )

6 Nova (87%)
    5 Lycanthrop (82%)
    5 Freeze (82%)
    4 Chrysaora (73%)
    3 Fire Bolt (62%)
    3 Lightning (62%)
    3 Blessing (62%)
    1 Purify (27%)
    (influence - Death)

.. so .. 8-9/10 times i play i have at least one nova, which unblock the 1lycan + 1freeze and 1 Chrysaora

with a 2nd Nova (in the first or next few turns) I have all the game -> 1 more lycan + Freeze and/or Chysaora (is only need 1 or 2 in play).. and the with the mana I unblock 1 lighning + 1 Fire bolt (which I try to use after all the freeze's - always looking to the opponent HP) + 1 blessing

I have no Pillars and no permanents .. so my Purify is less useless than the Steal and Deflagrations that the other deck have..

I have winning 8-9/10 of the times even if i don't have any Nova at the first hand .. if I have to discard I'll just get rid of one copy of something...

Last edited by -Samura-; 06-05-2009 at 07:00 PM.