A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 21 of 96 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

This makes me think about wanting to use my own fahrenheit I bought. I might even switch to using my TWO owl eyes I have(I was very lucky to nab two of them) since the weapons would be cheaper. Building a firefly/rustler deck with the owl eyes as support would be very nice if they were cheaper, especially if you got two of them out there, because you would be able to destroy a majority of creatures that way.

I have Owl Eyes and I play Nova-Firefly. To be honest it's not that super powerful... it costs as much as a Firefly Queen to place, and it costs 2 Air to snipe a creature... taking up all the Air quanta I get from my Mark.

The 5 damage per turn is nice, but because of the summoning/sniping costs and there being only 1 copy of the card, you can't rely on it for your creature control, you still have to use Thunderstorm/Freeze/Reverse Time.

If there were more card draw and/or tutoring effects, then rares would be a lot more useful.

what is a tutoring effect?

Finding a specific card. For example a card that lets you draw 5 cards, pick one to put in your hand, and the rest go on the bottom of your deck.

Right now the only card that lets you "burn" through your deck to find something is the Hourglass... which doesn't seem to be worth it, I don't see any top 50 decks using it.

PS - Samura I dunno if your new Time/Burning Pillar deck is the one that's supposed to beat Nova but I just scored a Mastery win against it :P

Quote Originally Posted by -Manwe- View Post
    The 5 damage per turn is nice, but because of the summoning/sniping costs and there being only 1 copy of the card, you can't rely on it for your creature control, you still have to use Thunderstorm/Freeze/Reverse Time.
    Flying weapon gogogo?

Finding a specific card. For example a card that lets you draw 5 cards, pick one to put in your hand, and the rest go on the bottom of your deck.

Right now the only card that lets you "burn" through your deck to find something is the Hourglass... which doesn't seem to be worth it, I don't see any top 50 decks using it.
    right thx for explaining. I have not played magic or any other card games extensively so I don't know the jargon. I would love to see more cards where the playing strategy was more flexible. the only drawback I see is the AI would have a much harder time dealing with it and would probably be weaker as a result.

I did find the time deck to be pretty good. In my tinkering (with the eternity weapon) it could keep up with the nova strategies. The only reason I chose not to keep playing it is it was really slow to play. It took some thought in deck design though because getting the right balance between reverse times, pillars and hourglasses was quite delicate. It works really well with aether too. A few immortal dragons are a game winner almost for sure.

I think if the nova card gets sufficiently nerfed it's going to open up the game to a lot of other strategies.
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-13-2009 at 10:45 PM.

zanzarino...

thx a lot for the roll back but,

i lost many cards... these included the rare card

i cant rememer exactly what is the name of the card but if u need to know ill let u know can u do anything about this?

The reason those are needed in MTG and not so much in Elements is the deck composition. MTG the best you can do is 4 of one card in a deck of 60 -- 6% of the deck is that card, significantly lower odds of finding it initially. In elements you have a deck of 30 and can have up to 6, so a whopping 20% of the deck is that card. You're likely to get any combo you possibly want within the first 10-12 cards, and even simply drawing it in the first 8 is realistic. So the top decks don't use the hourglass because they just don't need it.

Given the card ratio, if there were simply a more reliable way to get enough rares to fill your deck to the limit of them then they would be more useful.
    Last edited by Bianary; 06-14-2009 at 12:46 AM.

This is a list of the current rare cards, thanks to all who helped compiling it.

Arctic squid cost: 3 water, damage: 1, health: 2, special: 3 water to freeze target.
    Arsenic cost: 3 death, damage: 2, special: 1 poison (poison is cumulative).
    Druidic Staff cost: 5 life, damage 2, Special: heal up to 3 hp.
    Eternity cost: 5 time, damage 4, special: 3 time to return target creature to owner's deck.
    Fahrenheit cost 5 fire, damage: 4+x, special: extra damage, x is numer of fire quanta divided by 5
    Lobotomizer cost: 4 aether, damage: 5, special: 3 aether to remove the special ability from target creature.
    Morning Star cost: 7 light, damage: 7, special: cannot be stolen or destroyed.
    Owl's Eye cost: 5 wind, damage: 5, special: 2 wind to deal 3 damage to target creature.
    Pulverizer cost: 5 earth, damage 5, special: 3 gravity to destroy target permanent
    Trident cost:3 water (but says aether on card), damage: 4, special: 3 earth to destroy up to 3 pillars in a stack
    Vampire Stilletto cost: 3 darkness, damage: 2, special: return damage done as healing
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-15-2009 at 11:40 PM.

PS - Samura I dunno if your new Time/Burning Pillar deck is the one that's supposed to beat Nova but I just scored a Mastery win against it :P
    And just because you can beat computer-played Nova decks doesn't mean the deck's actually better...
    lol?

@kethaq
    Yes, Arctic squid cost: 3 water
    Pulverizer I think is gravity...

That actually sounds like a very interesting effect... might fit as an Aether or Entropy card, or another Time card.

Also, possibly one where you draw 2 or 3 cards, keep one, and discard the others; I think that would fit very well as an Entropy card.

Edit: Possibly also an Entropy card that draws a random card from your deck (not necessarily from the top), and a Death or Darkness card that makes your opponent discard a card from their hand, or that makes them discard the top card from their deck?
    Last edited by DragonBlood87; 06-14-2009 at 10:32 AM.

Lord of Citrus
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonBlood87 View Post
    That actually sounds like a very interesting effect... might fit as an Aether or Entropy card, or another Time card.

Also, possibly one where you draw 2 or 3 cards, keep one, and discard the others; I think that would fit very well as an Entropy card.

Edit: Possibly also an Entropy card that draws a random card from your deck (not necessarily from the top), and a Death or Darkness card that makes your opponent discard a card from their hand, or that makes them discard the top card from their deck?

I'm not sure the first two would fit as enthropy, more likely Aether, considering they aren't random.

Quote Originally Posted by ziter View Post
    zanzarino...

thx a lot for the roll back but,

i lost many cards... these included the rare card

i cant rememer exactly what is the name of the card but if u need to know ill let u know can u do anything about this?
    Isnt the reason you got reset is because you have 3 high scores and were cheating?

Suggestions Much!http://board.flashkit.com/board/images/smilies/smile.gif

First off, I love this game - it is fantastically awesome! Keep up the good work Zanzarino! I also have quite a few suggestions...

1. I think that it would be a great idea to have some way of trading rare cards with other players. Therefore if you win a rare card (which isn't all that easy to do)and it happens to be a type you don't use, you could trade it for a card of a type you do use.

2. It would be nice to have the players element on the highscores list.

3. Pillars with more than one element. It seems like its either all 12 or 1 at the moment.

4. I'd like to see some cards that could destroy cards of another player's deck in an attempt to win by making them run out of cards.

5. Some cards with affects based on the number of creatures you have in play would be cool.

6. How about a 40/40 creature that costs 15 quanta of every element.

7. Some tweaks need to be done to the vampire stilletto - not effective enough for it's price and the fact that it's a rare card.

8. I think it would be nice to somehow win rare cards - either by getting a certain ranking, getting a certain score, or by charging a very high price (at least over 10,000 electrons, perhaps a minimum number of buys).

9. Also, something either needs to be reworded or it simply isn't working correctly. The card Reverse Time says "return to the creature owner's hand", but if you use Parallel Universe on another player's card it gets returned to your hand, not theirs.

10. I only have to win one more type of card before my tray is full on the bottom. I am kind of worried about what will happen when this occurs. Will I not be able to win a new type of rare card if my tray is full? If I can't, then the tray area needs to be expanded.

11. My last suggestion is actually wrapped with a question for Zanzarino. I would like to know if you could change my name to Levethix (from Levethix19)? I made a Levethix account originally, but found out after one or two matches that I really wanted to go with fire and not light. So I made a new account. I think it would be nice to allow new player's one free change of element, thus resetting all the player's stats, cards etc. to zero, and giving them the basic 40 card deck for that element. Again this would be a one time thing, but you don't even get to see the cards, and obviously don't even know how the game is played when you are originally picking your element at the beginning.

disaru, watch ur mouth....

sometime the server is error or something im not sure......
    u know, when ur playing u keep submitting ur high score then it just appear that i hav 3 high score on the chart

if i cheat i would get banned...zanzarino wouldnt roll back for me

Quote Originally Posted by ziter View Post
    disaru, watch ur mouth....

sometime the server is error or something im not sure......
    u know, when ur playing u keep submitting ur high score then it just appear that i hav 3 high score on the chart

if i cheat i would get banned...zanzarino wouldnt roll back for me
    lol i was just repeating someone's accusation earlier on, chill out :P maybe zanz rollbacked your account because he forgot he reset your stats, i dont know why your stats reset specifically

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    lol i was just repeating someone's accusation earlier on, chill out :P maybe zanz rollbacked your account because he forgot he reset your stats, i dont know why your stats reset specifically
    Ah, you might mean my post.

I pointed it out but I was pretty sure he wasn't cheating since a couple other people had their score submitted more than once. I hope my post didn't come across as being an accusation.

Lord of Citrus

Question

9. Also, something either needs to be reworded or it simply isn't working correctly. The card Reverse Time says "return to the creature owner's hand", but if you use Parallel Universe on another player's card it gets returned to your hand, not theirs.
    Makes perfect sense to me. I don't see why you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumquaticus View Post
    Makes perfect sense to me. I don't see why you don't understand.
    Yeah... on second thought I may have been thinking about this one incorrectly. I was thinking since you made a copy of the creature, that you personally didn't own the creature. But since the creature is technically in your possession after you make the copy, I guess the card works as written.

Quote Originally Posted by Levethix View Post
    10. I only have to win one more type of card before my tray is full on the bottom. I am kind of worried about what will happen when this occurs. Will I not be able to win a new type of rare card if my tray is full? If I can't, then the tray area needs to be expanded.
    No worries there. I have more card types than fit in the display. In fact I can only see half my time cards, and none of my darkness or aether cards when I display all card types. It just means I need to display the cards by individual elements to use them. no big deal