A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 33 of 96 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by Slayd CraVen View Post
    This post is for lordmagfire:
    I made a decent foresti spirit deck that I think you'll win loads with. It also doesn't cost a lot considering the cards that you already have (I'm guessing).
    BTW when you check out the deck, i suggest you take out 1 or 2 emerald pillars to put in more sapphire pillars

Here are a couple of screenshots, one is the deck and one is a game i played with it.

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/959...spiritdeck.jpg
    http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1065/4lordmagfire.jpg
    Cheers bro.

I'll give it a try soon

Slots in upcoming *real* PvP (Rankings method suggestion too)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooder View Post
    Sorry to double post but i just thought of an issue that might come up when there is actual pvp. What if two people that are friends agree to go against each other and one person has stictly pillers and one kind of rare so that the other person wins it automaticly 3 times at the end of the game? Not sure if this has been brought up before and i'm sorry if its a repeat issue.
    I really really hope there are NO slots in PvP, and no "card winning" rewards at all for wining matches against real human opponents. That just leads to all sorts of ways to cheat or gain ground unfairly.

For a solution to the somewhat inaccurate current ranking system (by score only is not that accurate - wanna gain rank? just make x18 aether pillar, 6 phase dragons, 6 parallel universe and play a lvl 3 every 1.5 minutes), I submit the following for consideration:

zanzarino, look into the FIBS backgammon ranking/rating system... It has been a while for me, but I used to be into backgammon and it's rating system was good (rating for online backgammon playing). It removes the unfair method of always challenging a player much beneath you for easy points (all lvl 4 wins are not equal! ). The more the gap between the opposing players' ratings, the more at risk. For example, a player rated 100 versus a player rated 200 should mean if the 200 wins, not much is gained or lost by the respective player. However, if the 100 rated player wins, there should be a more substantial gain/loss for each player.

This link is a possible place to start for the rating system, zanzarino (of course, this is all assuming you haven't worked out a fair and functioning rating system yet for real PvP): http://www.fibs.com/ratings.html#explained

I look forward to seeing replies and others' opinions on this, as I feel having the rating/ranking system well-set at the release of PvP is quite important. :-D

Thanks for reading this monster post,

Sincerely,

rob77dp

This is really nitpicky, but am I the only one that thinks that v0.42 means that the game has gone through 42 fairly major updates? I ask because I personally think that it should be 0.4.2 - not absolutely 100% released yet, but having gone through four major updates and 2 small ones?

Why not have updates recorded as (huge update/full release).(major update).(minor update).(possibly another one for tiny, not-really-worth-mentioning-as-an-update updates, like adding a single card) If a high level update happens, then any on the lower levels are reset to 0. (e.g. 0.4.2 -> 0.5.0 -> 0.5.1 -> 0.5.2 -> 1.0.0)

Sorry that all my posts seem to be complaining, but everyone says all the nice stuff before I get a chance to. So, love the game, thanks for making it.
    Last edited by Pilchard123; 06-23-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    zanzarino, look into the FIBS backgammon ranking/rating system... It has been a while for me, but I used to be into backgammon and it's rating system was good (rating for online backgammon playing). It removes the unfair method of always challenging a player much beneath you for easy points (all lvl 4 wins are not equal! ). The more the gap between the opposing players' ratings, the more at risk. For example, a player rated 100 versus a player rated 200 should mean if the 200 wins, not much is gained or lost by the respective player. However, if the 100 rated player wins, there should be a more substantial gain/loss for each player.

This link is a possible place to start for the rating system, zanzarino (of course, this is all assuming you haven't worked out a fair and functioning rating system yet for real PvP): http://www.fibs.com/ratings.html#explained
    There's always the system used by competitive chess, it's very well tested and takes into account playing lower ranked people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    There's always the system used by competitive chess, it's very well tested and takes into account playing lower ranked people.
    I guess it could be good. They use the same one in the online ladder for Red Alert 3, an RTS game (I used to be in the top ten ), and it seems to work fine.

it happens again ;(

this are the cards that i hav b4....

i took this just incase this happened, and it did happened - -

please help

currently im using firefox... i dont know if it happened because of this

Likely similar rating systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    I imagine it to be similar to the backgammon online rating system... just have never played much chess to know myself

--rob77dp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexialhys View Post
    Erhm, wtf? Game wasn't even finished... :s
    That happened because your oppenent ran out of cards. Its happened to me before. When that screen shows up all you have to do is click menu for the spinner to show up

Wow, I'm stuck.... I sold everything but my rares and some pillars / blessings / flying weapons, and metamorphosed a few times trying to find the right mark.

So now I have 30 electrum and a 30-card deck filled with weapons. This is going to take a while to recover from

yea thats why you're not supposed to metamorhposed unless you can really afford it hehe

Zanzarino is there any way to get ragorak2 or w/e his name is out of the Top 50? he has all eather pillars and owls eyes in his deck so he's ruining the rarity of the owls eye. It really ruins the game when rare cards are handed out for free basically like this. Also is there any way for people who won owls eyes from him to have only those owls eys taken from him(I won 3 form him and 3 legit myself)?

Also when the Ai plays multiple rain of fires in a row it tends to glitch and one will miss a monster or sometimes they'll all miss a monster completely.

Mr. Walrus shot up to the number 2 spot with 32K points and I never even went against him before this. I was just wondering if his score was legit because I know levethix and a couple of others were the high people with about 22K behind samura before.
    Last edited by DarkGate; 06-23-2009 at 05:58 PM.

help my account - -

i totally agree with DarkGate on this

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    yea thats why you're not supposed to metamorhposed unless you can really afford it hehe

Zanzarino is there any way to get ragorak2 or w/e his name is out of the Top 50? he has all eather pillars and owls eyes in his deck so he's ruining the rarity of the owls eye. It really ruins the game when rare cards are handed out for free basically like this. Also is there any way for people who won owls eyes from him to have only those owls eys taken from him(I won 3 form him and 3 legit myself)?
    If you beat him, and he is doing that, simply don't spin on the slots - it's what I do to be nice and fair to others.

I couldn't agree more on this, DarkGate.

--rob77dp

ok, zanazarino

This has gotten out of control, nearly every deck I encounter in lvl 4 is running multiple multiple owl's eye and flying weapon. I am VERY suspicious that ragorak2 being intolerably unsportsmanlike with his deck is the culprit, and that you will find the rarity of Owl's Eye becoming exponentially less rare by the match. The game was fun and nearly balanced - I could play for hours without getting bored - but now having only lvl 3 to pay against as the best representation of *real* decks is making me quit for now. What a load of crap, thanks ragorak2 for ruining a fun game for me. I am probably done playing Elements until this is remedied, Zanzarino, but if you fix the problem with the dilution of Owl's Eye (or the release of human/human PvP), please let me know. I am going to send an email to game.elements@gmail.com from my main email account stating the same. Give me a holler on that email if the game get's "fixed" and I can enjoy playing it again.

Apologies if this post comes off as rude or abrasive, but this is really unfair and totally ruining the game you worked so hard to build up. Until then, have fun all and thanks for a couple weeks of a great game, zanz! :-D

Sincerely,

rob77dp

zanzarino - -

please help my acount OOOOOOO

it been a day now

please help asap

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post

@xXKillMasterXx:
    Shields also block weapons
    but if you were to take notice on the description of the shield i posted it say's it blocks 1 damage of MONSTERS attacks... not weapons. if what u say is true then the description should be changed to flat out block 1 damage.

The Owl's Eye thing is just a stupid coincidence really. My girlfriend's won 6 today (3 from 3 spins once) and i haven't won any in the last week...

Some new ideas

Goodmorning all,

I've been playing for a while, and read a lot of the back posts to this forum (0-17 24-33, skipped 18-24 because 33 pages is a lot). and I've got some suggestions i really don't think anybody else has emphasized or made.

1. This game is hard to get going on, this is obviously intentional and not a bad thing. . . but it's loosing you a lot of the casual gaming community. People who want to just have fun, learn a new game, get a lot of out it, but not strive to be #1. or fight there way to the top. These people don't want, and won't grind play as much as your hardcore core fans. But you still want to have these players, and have them playing your game.

So i suggest having an option at the account making screen. 'Casual gamer's account' The casual gamers would play on a separate, or separated database (so they don't compete with the hardcore players since they have an intentionally easier game).
    The casual gamer account would feature:
    2/3 or full sell value for cards (great for testing out changing strategies exploring the game and what you can do with it)
    4 cards chosen from opposing deck to populate slot machine.
    able to decline to fight a PVP match without penalty.
    [hardcore gamers might also have a casual account to test out new decks before trying them out in the 'full' game]

Casual game accounts would have no, or separate ranking [I prefer separate myself for reasons stated below].
    If upgraded cards was implemented causal accounts would have this disabled, (possibly have it be enable able if a full account 'upgrades' the causal account [so full gamers could still practice new decks and setups in the casual environment])
    Casual accounts could be dis-activated/deleted if left idle, or after a set (but long, 1 month - 2 months) time period.

Second, To play against your own deck you need to be in the weekly top 50; This is not obtainable to most new players for a modestly long time, and is a great feature which i would propose be made available to everybody.

So i propose a second PVP difficulty level: PVP:PLU Players like U. By looking at your rank the comp decides how much coin playing this would be risking (very low ranked players, 1 or 2 coin, Top 50 players would of course risk the same as level 4, since it's the same group.) If the calculation says more then 5 coin, 2 spins if you win, if more then 10, 3 spins,[play with numbers]. The server would then choose randomly between 51 decks, yours, and the 50 nearest to you (25 ranks above and below.)

Third. In the end, by version 1, i would think it almost necessary to have a multiple deck option. The game as it stands now amounts to everybody trying to find the most overpowered decks, and then you rebalancing the game so those decks aren't overpowered anymore. Then people try and find the new overpowered decks; rinse, lather, repeat. This is great for balancing the game, but by vrs 1, something more will be needed.

So I proposed having the ability to set and make decks out of your cards, name them and choose them at game time based on who/what your going up against. Trying to find the 'one deck to rule them all, one deck to find them, one deck to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them', won't be a valid strategy once you've hammered out all the overpowered decks. Instead building up a set of decks, from the same card base, so that you have a deck to beat any opposing deck. Each deck independently may have strengths and weaknesses, but choosing the right deck for the right opponent requires far more strategy then hoping you won't face the one deck type that walks over you.
    To make this work when you choose a match the game shows you 4-5(or 7 pure random?) non pillar cards at random from the opposing deck[same algorithm as spinning]. Based on those 4-5 cards you choose which deck you want to play.

I had others, but I've typed too much already.

Any thoughts??

Best wishes all, and thank you much for the very entertaining game

This has gotten out of control, nearly every deck I encounter in lvl 4 is running multiple multiple owl's eye and flying weapon. I am VERY suspicious that ragorak2 being intolerably unsportsmanlike with his deck is the culprit, and that you will find the rarity of Owl's Eye becoming exponentially less rare by the match. The game was fun and nearly balanced - I could play for hours without getting bored - but now having only lvl 3 to pay against as the best representation of *real* decks is making me quit for now. What a load of crap, thanks ragorak2 for ruining a fun game for me. I am probably done playing Elements until this is remedied, Zanzarino, but if you fix the problem with the dilution of Owl's Eye (or the release of human/human PvP), please let me know. I am going to send an email to game.elements@gmail.com from my main email account stating the same. Give me a holler on that email if the game get's "fixed" and I can enjoy playing it again.

Apologies if this post comes off as rude or abrasive, but this is really unfair and totally ruining the game you worked so hard to build up. Until then, have fun all and thanks for a couple weeks of a great game, zanz! :-D

Sincerely,

rob77dp

NO ROB YOU CANT LEAVE
    You still have to play my freaking PWNAGE deck that the AI apparently plays really well...
    Every time I ask if people fight it there are tons of complaints about how annoying it is

On a side note, Zanzarino, could you make it more possible for the lvl 4 to allow you to match yourself? I've only matched vs. myself twice in ~10 hours of play.

Sincerely,

rob77dp
    I do believe he was planning on rigging it for miracles in a few days.

you might want to change the slots to offer up a random assortment of cards from the mark the oppenent used whit a low chance of one of those being a rare.