A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 38 of 96 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Misspellings:

When the enemy attacks your gravity shield and is blocked, it says "Bloked". (When you attack the enemy's gravity shield and are blocked, it properly says "Blocked".)

"Amethist" => "Amethyst"

Hi, Wesson. Your advice was very helpful.... I'm using other things now, but the fire spirits were nice =). Btw, I faced your CPU controlled deck and it had no idea what to do, I completely trampled it with a newer deck lopl.
    I know this post is off topic, but how else am I supposed to contact him?

Quote Originally Posted by Viron View Post
    Hi, Wesson. Your advice was very helpful.... I'm using other things now, but the fire spirits were nice =). Btw, I faced your CPU controlled deck and it had no idea what to do, I completely trampled it with a newer deck lopl.
    I know this post is off topic, but how else am I supposed to contact him?
    I don't see why we can't swap game comments in here ...

Thanks, glad the advice worked out well for you

CPU controlled deck: Yeah, game against CPU controlling otyughs and angels should be pretty easy win for the human. If you were facing a different one of my experiments, then even easier for the human probably!

Trying to survive with blessed otyughs/angels against an Owlseye/Firefly deck or standard Aether is an interesting challenge even for a human player.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta711 View Post

There are many other decks that are harder to beat such as rainbow decks, Otyugh/Blessing and "Miracleres"
    Lol! My deck is pretty much all of those combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Circu
    Just a really quick request.

Personally, I hated it the first time I used burrow creatures. Because I clicked it to get it 'un-burrowed,' and all it did was make the damaged halved even further.

I would really appreciate it if when you used the 'burrow' ability of a burrowed creature, it returns to above the ground.

(Also adds strategy to the game. I can now burrow my creatures while, for example, my opponent uses a phase shield. Their damage is nothing, so I'm at an advantage to have them untargetable right now.)
    It's an awesome idea. Burrow when blessed-otuyghs are out or when trident/eternity/owleye is out, once you've gotten rid of it, you can unburrow when the coast is clear, it just adds way more strategy. NOT TO MENTION, earth deck is the most underpowered element in the game, and getting your attack halved makes burrowing a balanced ability, not like others where the benefits greatly outweigh the costs (maxwell's demon, artic squid).

If any element needs an upgrade, its Earth.

Here is some ideas for the game: _ add some cards that gives effects to creatures like the momentum or the mutation (but not random)

_you could make freeze cost more or last two turn

That's it for now , thanks for reading these

P.S. if you want to make me really happy give a fire card the name "firelord"

Just a few ideas:

how about having a "card rental" place. you can rent a card, for a price, of course, then use it for say, 5 matches. Yes, people could just keep renting the same card over and over, but it would soon drain their money, and if they win enough for it not to drain their money, then they can probably just buy the card anyway.

Another idea is to have tournaments, that are element-themed. they would be harder than normal matches, but you could win lots of money, or if you won a harder tournament, possibly even that element's rare weapon. Then there could be an all-elements tournament that would net you miracle - or lots of money.

Hello Elements' community

Today version 0.43 is being deployed, lots of changes:

The auto-save system has been upgraded, you can now see when your data is saved and if there is a connection problem a blinking "disconnected" button will appear, letting you know that your progress is not being saved. Pressing the button will re-try saving your data.

When a deck is made mostly of pillars, there is an increasing chance to win pillars from the "slot-machine" (this should prevent people from distributing rares using all pillars decks)

Burrow skill is now reversible, you can burrow your creatures when a dimensional shield is out, then un-burrow them when your opponent is almost out of HP's

Chaos seed now always have a negative effect on the target, with a wider range of possible skills applied, including reverse time and lobotomize effects.

Dissipation shield now converts HP damage from creatures and weapons to quanta damage. useful toward the end of the game, when you have lots of pillars out but no need for all of that quanta. Using it at the beginning of a battle is suicidal. It is also the only card in the game possibly leading to an instant "invincible" situation: a mutated life creature with the ability photosynthesis would generate infinite quanta, letting this shield absorb infinite damage, but the chances are so remote that I will let this be.

Lots of small changes: immolation gives now 7 fire quanta, miracle cost increased to 15 and miracle heals 99HP, howl's eye and eternity cost increased to 5, armagio HP increased to 25, poison does not remove freezing status anymore, pillars stack properly after a permanent has been destroyed, increased security protection for the flash file.

New cards!!
    Bone wall (death)
    Empathic Bond (life)
    Gravity Pull (gravity)
    Drain Life (darkness)
    Enchant Artifact (earth)
    Earthquake (earth)

The new cards will be available in a couple of days at the bazaar, when the new version is fully deployed and stable.

Let me know if everything works fine.

good changes!
    ty Zanzarino!

These are awesome. I can't wait to test out the drain life card with my new darkness deck.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    These are awesome. I can't wait to test out the drain life card with my new darkness deck.
    can you give a description of all new cards pls?

Bug: The computer keeps trying to stack infection on my creatures, but it's just staying at 1 poison.

Quote Originally Posted by bot! View Post
    can you give a description of all new cards pls?
    As a private tester (there was a bug when he was testing so i got some of the new cards, but the private tester bit sounds better) I can tell you that:

Empathic Bond heals you for an amount based on the number of creatures of your field (this from earlier forum posts)

Earthquake costs 1 earth and destroys three permanents in a stack (like tsunami)

Enchant Artifact costs 1 earth makes a permanent immortal.

Drain life does what it says on the tin, but i didn't get that card.

Bone wall blocks 10 creature attacks, so if three creatures attack, then it can only block 7, then 4, etc. If a creature dies, it recharges 3 (from earlier posts).

Gravity Pull is a card version of Armagio's special that can be cast on anyone. I'm thinking, cast gravity Pull, then immortalise...hmm.
    Last edited by Pilchard123; 07-04-2009 at 03:32 PM.

Sorry to double post, but this is not related to my previous post, except that is about cards. How about :

Sacrifice - sacrifice a creature to deal damage equal to 3X the creature health if you are death or darkness, heal youself for 3X creature health if you are light or life, or return it to your deck if you are anything else.

Perhaps the multiplier could be changed, but what do people think?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard123 View Post
    Gravity Pull is a card version of Armagio's special that can be cast on anyone. I'm thinking, cast gravity Pull, then immortalise...hmm.
    zanzarino said it will not work

I tried reseting my browser for .43 but now I cant load the game. all I need was reset safari. any ideas anyone on how I can get back in?

now im in

i found a bug, when you use mutation and get a weird creature, this creature can still use it's effect even when frozen, i think it may also be able to attack

Hi Zanzarino,

Very nice changes! .. I do like the new Miracle - old Miracle was getting too mandatory because was a cheap way to end games at full health ... the auto-save feature is very cool too .. now we can see if we are really connected ^^ also I think this is a solid leap foreword to a realtime player versus player interface

Awesome new cards!

(.. Time as no Divination card yet aww... hmm.. something related with the layout? It could be simply like we see our own cards.. but on the upper left? )

EDIT:
    1) sometimes the ice doesn't go away from the creatures although they'r not frozen
    2) now applying poison give no sound
    Last edited by -Samura-; 07-04-2009 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Samura- View Post
    (.. Time as no Divination card yet aww... hmm.. something related with the layout? It could be simply like we see our own cards.. but on the upper left? )
    I still haven't figured out why you think a game with a min limit of 30 and up to 6 of any type *needs* a divination card.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard123 View Post
    Earthquake costs 1 earth and destroys three permanents in a stack (like tsunami)
    Sounds broken to me. You can destroy a lot of pillars that way. Play two and you can destroy most of a player's pillars early on in the game. That could cripple them.

Also, I wanted to mention a fun deck I have been playing.

13x Amethyst Pillar
    3x Amethyst Dragon
    6x Horned Toad
    6x Cockatrice
    2x Heal

It overruns any deck that can't deal with it fast enough. Very good against level 3. Decent on PvP currently.

Also, druid staff should be better. Currently it is pretty bad. It can deal three and gain three without being stupid. Also, have you thought about making a card that is just lifegain. Something like 5 life, weapon or shield, gains you 5 life every turn. It should probably be less powerful I guess, cause that is a lot better than heal.