A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 48 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Fun with Dissipation Shield

correct.

ktchong, I totally agree with you, and have a post many pages back on that same topic. I think zanzarino is contemplating it, or at least did at one time. I also suggested possibly using your last-7-days-score as the ranking value. Not to say your game score resets, just the ranking system adds in only your last 7 days of scroe.

--rob77dp

ATTN: zanzarino

I have become aware that in PvP, if one player is on the way to a mastery win and the player losing simply "walks away" by not hitting [Done] that the player winning does not get their mastery. I also know there have been players about to lose by mastery that then allow their last turn to just time out so the winner cannot get his/her 'proper' points. Anyway you could look into this or a way around it?

I don't believe it would work to just say, if it times out with someone at 100 they get mastery, because players could alternate starting matches and simply timing out before any HP's are taken. Also, just because a match "appears" to be on its' way to a mastery for one side does not mean a non-quit match would have ended up that way.

I'm sure you'll come up with something - that or people could just stop being rude about losing.

Thanks for your time, and again, thanks for this fun, addicting game!

--rob77dp

After playing PVP beta for two days, here is a summary of some of the most common bugs I've encountered. Hope this helps:

1. You draw an invisible card
    2. Negative quantum
    3. Your time gets stuck between 8 and 9 seconds, so you have to quit
    4. Opponent times out, either after they leave the match or the game is desynced and they already won the match (in their game) and left
    5. Opponent plays undefined card/pillar/weapon
    6. If undefined creature on your opponent's field, you can't target the rest
    7. Opponent can attack or target your immortal or burrowed creatures
    8. Opponent plays NaN card, and you automatically lose once they attack
    9. The opponent reverse times their card, but it ends up in your deck.
    10. Stealing permanents become undefined after stolen

Another request is that score loss/wins do not occur in PVP beta for now, while it's bugged and anyone can lose with just one bug happening. Some top ranked players are just losing a lot score/rank while playing, while some new players are gaining ridiculous amount of score that they didnt really earn, they win by a bug or opponent "timing out" when they really didnt. Until PVP beta is bug-free, I dont think scores should be gained/lost.
    Last edited by Disaru; 07-15-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Whats with the pillars in the slot machine? I'm getting them even against level 3 AI. It's hard enough to win anything from the slots without seeing only air-air-light coming up...

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    Whats with the pillars in the slot machine? I'm getting them even against level 3 AI. It's hard enough to win anything from the slots without seeing only air-air-light coming up...
    The slot formula is obviously not searching long enough, if even the amount of pillars in a level 3 deck is triggering the pillar deck protection.

Quote Originally Posted by ktchong View Post
    If old players keep playing and earning scores, new players who just join will never be able to reach the top 50 spots. For the top 50 spots, I suggest using a competitive ranking system is better than a cumulative scoring system.
    Zanzarino is already taken that in consideration in the (real)PVP:

a higher ranked player will win less score playing with a low ranked if win, and lose much more if lose, and vice-versa a low scored player will gain much more score if win a higher player and lose much less if lose

that way players will not have "cumulative" scores and is competitive - a low ranked player that play well on winning consecutevly high ranked players can build fast his score

As I said before I completely agree on this kind of (ELO-like) system for the (real)PVP. And as for the levels it can stay as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    Another request is that score loss/wins do not occur in PVP beta for now, while it's bugged and anyone can lose with just one bug happening. Some top ranked players are just losing a lot score/rank while playing, while some new players are gaining ridiculous amount of score that they didnt really earn, they win by a bug or opponent "timing out" when they really didnt. Until PVP beta is bug-free, I dont think scores should be gained/lost.
    I completely subscribe and agree with that

Also, I saw most of the bugs you said and
    11. the player stolen a creature to his permanent region staying there (doing nothing)

@rob77dp: I was concern about the "walks away" thing too .. but I don't know how can it be properly solved - I think the main issue is if the (real)PVP-game is powered by a server or if it is doing a "peer to peer" thing .. but if is passing by a server the issue can be solved: win on disconnect (the player that the server sees is disconnected ask for the remaining player if he wants to wait or a win on disconnect) ; and because in the (real)PVP there is a gain scoring system depending on the player scores will prevent a farming score situation (because the other that lose will lose so much than will gain next time) - but only if the mastery wins don't work on the scores - Now, the problem will stay only about the coins mastery gains - could ppl alternating wins/losses to farm masterys for coinage gains? That is possible and I really don't see other choice than eliminate the Mastery gain for the (real)PVP
    Last edited by -Samura-; 07-16-2009 at 12:39 AM.

Anyone know which lvl is most likely to have a deck using Arsenic (death's rare weapon) in it? I've been playing lvl 3 and 4 for a while and ive only seen it in a deck maybe 2 times in the past couple months.

Small Tweaks

First and foremost Greetings to you all, I'd like to thank zazarino for doing just an awesome job on a little browser game that has kept me addicted for hours at a time, I really enjoy CCG games.

I have played Star Wars and Highlander CCG games extensively in the past, not to advertise but check out www.mleccg.com - a highlander website that has an online CCG game "The Gathering" (not nearly as neat as this one though!)

Here is a list of things I have noticed during game, haven't ready too much through the recent posts but since they are still active in game play figured I would bring some user feedback to life:

On the creature Armagio, 1/25 Use 1 Gravity: The damage inflicted to you is redirected to Armagio. --- You can keep spending 1 Gravity to use his ability again, yet it pretty much goes to waste, as the shield icon stays on him. *** Maybe you could have Armagio cost a couple more Gravity, he is pretty powerful.

There is a problem with the Quantum Pillar / Dissipation Shield Immunity powers, I have played about 10 games, LVL 4 PvP. At least 3-4 of those games were vs decks that this combination. --- Essentially you cant earthquake / steal / deflagration / destroy enough quantum pillars or shields to stop them, then once you run out of cards the game is over. *** Maybe there could be an "Exhaust deck" feature, penalizing the player for drawing their last card in their deck. ( Say you lose 10 of every quantum and 20 HP )

Chaos Seed could use a sister version that is used on your own creature for their benefit. Random event such as getting +1/+1 or +3/0 or 0/+3 (any variation) or immunity or momentum.

Maybe introduce Weapons that are for select elements, as the shields have been designed too.

I notice the Quantum Pillars are pretty powerful. Maybe knock the random generation down to two.

I know there's the chat below which is cool, but a private chat in the game would be awesome.

I realize I have commented alot on the things that could possibly be improved on, AND I realize this takes time and work hours.

Blessings

samura, good point...

I also 2nd your motion for removal of mastery anything at the (real)PvP level. The score difference being taken into account is enough in my opinion.

--rob77dp

Another bug:

Screen Capture

I had a Lobotomizer and Dimensional Shield in my hand.

I clicked on and used the Lobotomizer, but a Parallel Universe showed up in my weapon slow. I still had what appeared to be a Dimensional Shield in my hand. However, when I move my mouse pointer over shield, the card showed up to be the Lobotomizer, (which did not match the thumbnail image in my hand.)

So the next turn I clicked on the Lobotomizer that appeared to be a Dimensional Shield. It went into the shield slot and showed up as the Lobotomizer. It worked correctly too. But that Parallel Universe in the weapon slot stayed until the end of the game.

Just checked this out and its very cool.
    Only irritating thing I can point out is the sounds... Please add a mute sounds button.

Hey samura that was agaisnt me. well you won anyway but i agree that there shouldnt be points/score and win/loss during the beta testing of it.

Also another thing to add to the cards is make Nightfall stackable.

Quote Originally Posted by onejahoneaim View Post
    On the creature Armagio, 1/25 Use 1 Gravity: The damage inflicted to you is redirected to Armagio. --- You can keep spending 1 Gravity to use his ability again, yet it pretty much goes to waste, as the shield icon stays on him. *** Maybe you could have Armagio cost a couple more Gravity, he is pretty powerful.
    I agree - he is powerful, but 5 Gravity to cast and waiting a turn to use him seems to balance alright from my point of view. Also, Reverse Time dominates Armagio. Or Freeze him before then next turn when he would be "activated". A couple attacks by a strong creature or some bolts (ice or fire or drain life) also puts a huge dent in Armagio.

There is a problem with the Quantum Pillar / Dissipation Shield Immunity powers, I have played about 10 games, LVL 4 PvP. At least 3-4 of those games were vs decks that this combination. --- Essentially you cant earthquake / steal / deflagration / destroy enough quantum pillars or shields to stop them, then once you run out of cards the game is over. *** Maybe there could be an "Exhaust deck" feature, penalizing the player for drawing their last card in their deck. ( Say you lose 10 of every quantum and 20 HP )
    So you are saying that the opponent using a strategy that effectively chokes themselves is too strong? My strategy when I see a Dissipation Shield dropped is full throttle attack to choke them with it, and eventually destroy it. Or Deflagration to destroy it (if they are packing enough Diss Shield and Enchant Artifact to protect their pillars AND shield, odds are good they dont have much else with a good chance of drawing it).

Chaos Seed could use a sister version that is used on your own creature for their benefit. Random event such as getting +1/+1 or +3/0 or 0/+3 (any variation) or immunity or momentum.
    Chaos seed already is weighted to give more positive benefits to your own creature when cast on them as opposed to the negative effects it bestows on the opponent's creatures.

Maybe introduce Weapons that are for select elements, as the shields have been designed too.
    Every element does have its' own unique weapon - they are all rares. Rares are obtained via the slots that follow each win. If the deck you just beat contains rares, you have chances - albeit slim - to win that rare/unique-weapon.

I notice the Quantum Pillars are pretty powerful. Maybe knock the random generation down to two.
    Quantum Pillars, I believe, used to be x2 random quanta per turn. NOBODY used them at that point. Simply put, x1 Quantum Pillar giving essentially 1/6 of each quantum per turn (2 quantum randomly / 12 total possible types) just was not enough.

I know there's the chat below which is cool, but a private chat in the game would be awesome.
    A great idea, and one that is already under consideration/development in some capacity. Currently it is disabled in PvP due to it causing problems with the game flow/connections.

I do not recall who mentioned it, but I saw the other day someone had started a Wiki for Elements onto which to post a card list etc... Anyone know where that is? Would solve some of the questions that keep coming up on this forum (which needs to become a "real" forum, instead of a giant chronological list of comments/etc)?

--rob77dp

What the deuce? This was a 21-minute delayed double post? Sorry about that, all.

--rob77dp
    Last edited by rob77dp; 07-16-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Delayed double-post

my name is killjoy and i am an eternity addict

Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    I do not recall who mentioned it, but I saw the other day someone had started a Wiki for Elements onto which to post a card list etc... Anyone know where that is? Would solve some of the questions that keep coming up on this forum (which needs to become a "real" forum, instead of a giant chronological list of comments/etc)?

--rob77dp
    That was me -- http://www.elementsthegame.wikia.com It's a bit buggy, so don't expect it to work. There's only about 5 articles on it ATM, though. Help would be appreciated...PLEASE!!!!!

Beta testing of my new deck

Quote Originally Posted by ktchong View Post
    If old players keep playing and earning scores, new players who just join will never be able to reach the top 50 spots. For the top 50 spots, I suggest using a competitive ranking system is better than a cumulative scoring system.
    I think a better idea would be to eliminate the all-time score altogether in favor of a weekly score, at least as far as determining the Top decks. At the end of the week, the top 50 scoring decks get saved and are used for the PvAI of the following week. That also would help to prevent Top 50 decks being very easy to beat because the player is experimenting, or is rigging their deck to help distribute cards.

Another thing would be possibly reducing/eliminating the score gain/loss from the level 0 to 3 decks.

It used to only generate two, and hardly anyone used it because it was so weak and inconsistent.

I think a better idea would be to leave it at three, but restrict it to only having six per deck, just like the non-pillar cards.