A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 55 of 96 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    Why is it sometimes in pvp if the opponent stops responding the computer takes over and sometimes it just gives me an auto-win?

Edit:

Another possibly hacked account.

Trevor81

22 wins

Pure aether deck with 3 phase dragons and 2 parallel unis.

Edit2:

Trevor81 came up again in PVP, I hit back to menu before the game started and lost 20 coins??
    It's not hacked, I personally made a aether account yesterday and got it the same deck as my main account within 50 wins

The deck is:
    15 aether cards
    6 phase dragons
    6 PU
    3 Dimensional shield

Started out with a few games at lvl 1 then bought Dissipation shield and mass quantum cards, played pvp for a while, made other guy run out of cards and got enough cash to buy full aether deck.
    Last edited by Blue Ray; 07-24-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Just registered and have not really read the forum so far, but some idle thoughts which occur to me:

It would be nice to get a minor reward from a double match in the spinner. Maybe a Pillar of the appropriate Quanta, or a single gold.

When your rewards are doubled for maintaining 100 HP at the end of battle, double spins as well would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ray View Post
    It's not hacked, I personally made a aether account yesterday and got it the same deck as my main account within 50 wins

The deck is:
    15 aether cards
    6 phase dragons
    6 PU
    3 Dimensional shield

Started out with a few games at lvl 1 then bought Dissipation shield and mass quantum cards, played pvp for a while, made other guy run out of cards and got enough cash to buy full aether deck.
    OK lets assume he only had 4 each- shields, PU and dragons. Assume further he got one of each in his starter deck. That's 3x60 + 3x59 + 3x106 = 675

Winning 22 games, that's an average 31 coins won per game.

Seems extremely unlikely to me.

Edit:

Your numbers seem a stretch also. Assuming you started with one each of those cards, you would have to average 19 coins a game to build that deck. That's not counting buying a few dissipation shields and a bunch of QPs. Not to mention dis shield decks aren't all that reliable- they are easy to beat.
    Last edited by marauder68; 07-24-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Ran into another bug. I was using reverse time from my flying weapon eternity on the AI's ffq. There was no quantum cost when the AI played the card again. This happened like 6 times in a row, before I ended up winning.

Nevermind....disregard the last post.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard123 View Post
    On a nicer note - the wiki is beginning to start up a bit more. Thank you, whoever did that. http://www.elementsthegame.wikia.com for those that don't know the address.
    I added a page listing the damage done by farenheit and fire bolt based on current fire mana!

Here are a few ideas I've made for elements, just for fun. My favorite ones are labelled by * Check them out, let me know what you think.

Entropy:
    Anarchy (rare weapon): Deals 3 damage at the end of every turn. Ability: Gives target creature random ability. Cost 4 entropy.
    Chaos Haze (spell): Random positive effect gained by target creature (plate armor, blessing, momentum, holy light, immortalize)

Poison:
    Skeleton Key (rare weapon): Deals X damage to opponent (X is amount of skeletons on the field).
    *Chimera (creature): 1/30 stats. Ability - Purge: (4) death, Takes all poison from target and directs it on itself. (good for gravity pull spell, can take poison from yourself or other creatures).
    Pandemic (permanent): Any creature poisoned by virus can spread poison to adjacent creatures. (i.e. creatures adjacent to infected target can get -1 poison by poison spreading).

Gravity:

Everlast (rare weapon): Absorbs (1) damage from each enemy creature, Deals back half of absorbed damage. (I.e. absorbed 8 total damage from 8 creatures, deals 4 damage back)

Earth:
    Seismic wave (permanent): Gives all burrowed creatures on field +2/0. (since damage halved, helps raise attack)
    Tremors (spell): All burrowed creatures on field become unburrowed (enemy or own creatures).

Life:
    Life Force (spell): Divert all your creature's damage to yourself as healing for (1) turn. (e.g. Instead of damaging enemy for 15 health, heal yourself 15 health, use during opponent's dimensional shield)
    *Elixir (spell): Heal all your creatures from negative effects (freeze, time delay, poison).
    Tree of Life (creature): 0/10 stats. Ability - Sprout: Gain +3/3. Requires (1) Air, (1) Light, (1) Water.

Fire:

*Inferno (creature): 5/2 stats. Unable to be frozen. Ability - Torch: Unfreeze target creature but deals 1 damage to it.
    Ashes and Embers (permanent): Every time a fire creature is killed or a creature is killed by rain of fire or firebolts, their ashes are converted to (3) quantum. (Non-additive effect, 2 A&E don't gain 10 quantum).
    Incite (spell): Target creature gains +3/-1. (increase damage, decrease health)

Water:

*Leviathan (rare creature): 3/7 stats. Ability- Enrage: Switch attack and defense points. Cost: 4 water. (e.g. Levi switch to 7/3 stats). (e.g. can plate armor then enrage, or enrage if defense is getting low to switch to higher defense ~ can basically switch from attack to defense mode, vice versa)

Light:

Solace (permanent): Prevents any spells on your creatures for (3) turns. (prevents lightning, firebolts, freeze, poison,but also prevents your own spells on your creatures: platearmor, blessing, etc.)
    Illumination (permanent). For two whole turns, All light creatures on the field gain +2/+2 and all darkness creatures on the field lose -2/0.

Air:
    Line of Sight (spell): For one turn, the target creature can direct it's attack to an enemy creature. (LOS acts as a momentary owl-eye ability)

Time:

Insight (permanent): Can see future 3 cards next to draw in your deck and opponent's deck.
    *Illusionist: 0/5 stats. Mimics (1) creature on the field for (1) turn, reverts back to Illusionist after turn. Cost: 3 time. (momentary PU, but can switch targets)
    Banshee: 5/2 stats. Ability - Screech: Time delays ALL creatures on field for (1) turn except Banshee. Cost: 10 time.
    Sands of Time (permanent): Draw the last card from your graveyard. Cost: 5 time.

Darkness:

*Wraithe: 3/2 stats. When summoned, starts off with (1) poison. Ability - Leech: Drain 1 health from target creature, gain 0/+1. (e.g. Wraithe will not survive unless constantly leeching life, can leech off own creatures)
    Eclipse (permanent): For two whole turns, all darkness creatures on the field gain +2/+2 and all light creatures on the field lose -2/0.

Aether:

Cereberus: 0/10 stats. Ability - Guardian: Diverts all spells on target creature to itself. (Guards target, diverting any lightning/firebolts/reverse time etc. to itself - Cereberus does not prevent creature's/permanent's ability e.g. otyughs, lobotomize)
    Thunderstruck (spell): Deal 2 damage to all creatures of SAME type as target. (i.e. target phase dragon, cause all phase dragons on field, enemy or own, to receive 2 damage).
    Last edited by Disaru; 07-25-2009 at 02:49 AM.

Alright, I updated the main page of the Elements Wiki page. I even put some suggestions/ideas for people to make strategy articles about.

I think Zanz should put in a small incentive for people to make articles. 100 coins for creating a detailed article page sounds good?

http://elementsthegame.wikia.com/wik..._the_Game_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    Alright, I updated the main page of the Elements Wiki page. I even put some suggestions/ideas for people to make strategy articles about.

I think Zanz should put in a small incentive for people to make articles. 100 coins for creating a detailed article page sounds good?

http://elementsthegame.wikia.com/wik..._the_Game_Wiki
    Or a rare card of our choice

Limit one, of course.

Looking at the PVP made me think, could you make it so people could trade cards? That way you can actually get the rare cards that match your deck's element/build.

The Nivekian Konsolate

Unhappy Bugs

We need a bug thread!!
    The game gets completely unplayable at times and I have no idea which bugs have been reported, which ones are getting worked on, etc.
    Or an addy which I can send video screen captures to.

----------------
    Now playing on JetAudio: David Thrussell - Ringtone
    via FoxyTunes

Read the main game screen...

bottom right corner, spells it out for you.

game.elements@gmail.com

:-D

--rob77dp

Just curious-

Is there a strategic reason for sparks and photons being in most level 3 decks? Or are they just there to spoil potential perfect games for decks that dont have a way to re-gain life points? I can understand them in the death decks, but a pure time deck- they don't accomplish anything.

Another request-

The sound effect for parallel universe is much louder than the rest of the effects. Could it be re-mixed to match?

My suggestion would be that you replace 'score' with 'experience points' and add a Leveling system similiar to the one from Warcraft 3, would make the deck even more addictive, you could even go further and add a personal Statsheet for everyone, how many wins/loses a player has with every element.

If you want further informations about the Warcraft 3 ladder system just ask I can give you all informations you need.

Quote Originally Posted by xyNyze View Post
    My suggestion would be that you replace 'score' with 'experience points' and add a Leveling system similiar to the one from Warcraft 3, would make the deck even more addictive, you could even go further and add a personal Statsheet for everyone, how many wins/loses a player has with every element.

If you want further informations about the Warcraft 3 ladder system just ask I can give you all informations you need.
    Brilliant! I agree. There has been some talk about how winning and losing affects your score like it's a chess rating. I think implementing a chess rating style system would be great. The current score is more of a reflection of time put into the game, but not of skill. A chess style rating would be a better comparison of player skill. Maybe show the win percentage instead of just number of wins/losses, too.

Is it just me or is something wrong with level 4 opponents and high score reporting?

Edit:

Any chance of adding a few more level 3 decks to the mix? It's getting a bit repetitive
    Last edited by marauder68; 07-27-2009 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtravisp View Post
    Brilliant! I agree. There has been some talk about how winning and losing affects your score like it's a chess rating. I think implementing a chess rating style system would be great. The current score is more of a reflection of time put into the game, but not of skill. A chess style rating would be a better comparison of player skill. Maybe show the win percentage instead of just number of wins/losses, too.
    The current score system in PvP works just like the chess rating system. Not really possible to do that with the non-human (i.e. - AI) level matches.

--rob77dp

Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    The current score system in PvP works just like the chess rating system. Not really possible to do that with the non-human (i.e. - AI) level matches.

--rob77dp
    I disagree. Certainly not "just like." A chess rating has a cap. The score in Elements just keeps going up and up and up... The calculation of the new score,on the other hand, may be inspired by chess ratings.

AI matches could be for practice, deck advancement, and there could be a PVP only rating.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    I added the link on the homepage and the jpegs for the 12 elements in the wiki page.

@Tabith: I need your username if you want me to help you. Yesterday I had filters working on removing faulty accounts, are you sure you didn't get some extra money or extra wins because of glitches?
    Thanks, its shot (well, 21 articles) up in use. If we hit 100 articles, then we'll be eligible for featuring, which will get more people, so more articles, etc...

I would have replied sooner, but I've been away, and my internet's been on the fritz.