Quote Originally Posted by jtravisp View Post
I've posted on this before. The current system does not resemble a chess rating system. The only part that does is the way a score change is calculated. If you have a low score and beat someone with a high score, you get a big score boost. If you have a much higher score that your opponent and you win, you won't change much.

The critical difference is that in Elements, you have a cumulative score, not a rating. A rating reflects skill. A score reflects raw number of wins. In Chess, no one has a rating of 50,000. It's not possible.

This article is good: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
That is why I used the word "similar" not "exactly" when describing how Elements' system relates to the chess system. I have read that Wiki page and it is what sold me several weeks ago on recommending Zanazarino use something similar in Elements.

Would a good fix be to make score based solely on PVP games? Remove the AI opponents' component completely - of course, coin would still be the motivating factor, along with strategy honing and practice, for challenging AI still.

--rob77dp