dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

  1. #1401
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    If you've only been playing for 1 day, it doesn't show you're winning cards consistently, maybe you're just lucky with slots.

    If anything, zzz123's point is valid. Even if you win 2-3 cards per win, sometimes you might not even win 1 card to begin with. Someone would win as much as they would playing level 3, maybe even more. The only difference, and the BIGGEST difference, is that they don't end up with -1050 score like you. Plus level 6 games are probably twice as long as level 3 games. lol so you're losing out on time and score, so don't be fooled by lose, lose, lose, lose, 1500 card!! Until someone can find a more consistent deck, playing level 3 is probably better in the long run than playing level 6.
    If you pick your fights and focus on consistently beating one or two of the level 6 decks and write off anything less than a perfect start on the rest, you can accumulate wins very rapidly by accumulating losses even more rapidly--loseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloselose1500 CARD!!loseloseloselose1500 CARD!! and so on. If you know within a few turns whether you're going to win or not you can blow through level 6 fights very quickly.

  2. #1402
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
    If you pick your fights and focus on consistently beating one or two of the level 6 decks and write off anything less than a perfect start on the rest, you can accumulate wins very rapidly by accumulating losses even more rapidly--loseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloselose1500 CARD!!loseloseloselose1500 CARD!! and so on. If you know within a few turns whether you're going to win or not you can blow through level 6 fights very quickly.
    Ok, I could see how that could help......you get to -1050 score faster.

  3. #1403
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    44
    And -1050 score is a bad thing... why, again?

  4. #1404
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
    And -1050 score is a bad thing... why, again?
    Well, win consistently and gain score with lv3 versus. win sporadically with big highs and big lows and lose score with lv6. That's the option you have, its just that big highs and big lows equal out to the same level as consistently winning in the long run.

    EDIT: Why is it that mono-aether is the only element that can beat lv6 with no upgrades at a decent rate, all other non-upgraded mono-ele are pretty bad at lv6. and it is still better than some upgraded decks .... :P riddle me that.
    Last edited by Disaru; 08-06-2009 at 02:30 AM.

  5. #1405
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    49
    feature request:

    allow people to "buy" mark changes rather than pay for them
    so if i pay for mark of life once, but then switch, i don't have to pay for it again
    experimenting with different decks is getting expensive

  6. #1406
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    44
    While it all averages out in terms of money per game, when I'm going all out for cash on level 6 I can burn through games much faster, which lets me fund my experimental decks more quickly. So in terms of actual time spent I'm pretty sure I'm coming out ahead a bit in the long term even when my luck is not very good, and as I don't plan on caring about my score any time in the foreseeable future I don't really see the drawback.

    Oh wait, I guess I'm missing out on the riveting fights and challenging fast-paced demands of the level 3 arena! Darn it all.

  7. #1407
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    If you've only been playing for 1 day, it doesn't show you're winning cards consistently, maybe you're just lucky with slots.

    If anything, zzz123's point is valid. Even if you win 2-3 cards per win, sometimes you might not even win 1 card to begin with. Someone would win as much as they would playing level 3, maybe even more. The only difference, and the BIGGEST difference, is that they don't end up with -1050 score like you. Plus level 6 games are probably twice as long as level 3 games. lol so you're losing out on time and score, so don't be fooled by lose, lose, lose, lose, 1500 card!! Until someone can find a more consistent deck, playing level 3 is probably better in the long run than playing level 6.
    I've been keeping track all day. Now that I have mastered basically every single fight's strategy and made a few upgrades.. recently I have been:

    (I keep track of my stats every 20 games)
    Most recent:
    20 Games
    15 Losses
    5 Wins
    2 Cards

    Second most recent:
    20 Games
    14 Losses
    6 Wins
    1 Card

    Next most recent:
    20 Games
    17 Losses
    3 Wins
    2 Cards

    Next most recent

    20 Games
    14 Losses
    6 Wins
    2 Cards


    I'm pretty sure its more profitable than Tier 3 unless you want to prove me wrong with some uber math.

  8. #1408
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    36
    Personally I think it takes real skills and luck to beat fully upgraded decks with just a plain deck

    this is just a game high score here or have 5 fully upped deck does mean **** in real life so just have fun and don't be frustrated if u lose sometimes...

    IMO the game is perfectly playable with no upgrades and more challenging, no point wasting ur youth on some upgrades that's not really op

  9. #1409
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    158
    And incase you didn't notice. The *ONLY* benefit of being high in score is if you take great pride in being in the top 50.

    I would much rather have a fully upgraded deck then be in the top 50... LOL

  10. #1410
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12
    wanted to spend 600c in gabriel's dive parallel

    20 games, 1 Miracle match, lost due to NO shield draw. (probably doable though)

    All the rest was slaughter (best try against Hermes, i copyed his 16/26 ablaze, and my shields holded for 6 turns!)

    /sigh

    My deck
    Mark of Air
    6 Air Pillar
    9 Aether Pillar
    4 Wyrm
    6 PU
    5 Shields

    Also, how can the mono-aether be consistent? 3 days ago with a deck with 3 Immortals and "only " 15 pillars (and the dragons doin 9 dmg) i couldn't outdamage neither Miracle nor Queen (didn't tried it much, 10 games or something, but i'll go back to aether if you confirm it's still viable)

    The more I read here the more I feel either joked around or unlucky as hell :-(
    Last edited by Kaythal; 08-06-2009 at 07:23 AM. Reason: typo

  11. #1411
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    72
    I just wanted to report back and say that after 10 tries I finally beat a Lvl 6er...although I can't remember who it was...but I also got really close to beating miracle. I had two phase dragons waiting in my hand and i just kept drawing more pillars...if I had one more dragon I could have put them all out and put him away, but at 27 life he used a miracle and that was that.

  12. #1412
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    Ive had decent success against Lvl 6 by loading up on Otyugh's and plate armor, if you get the gravity shield out and eat their offense you can do enough dmg to win. You have to do it in rainbow mode though because I haven't found a way to beat them without some type of healing.

  13. #1413
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    50
    I've been trying the mono-aether deck against fake gods as well, and I think PU is essential. I just beat incarnate and would have never won if I didn't PU 4 of his vamps (which I won an upgraded vamp). It helps too to PU miracle's blessed x 3 dragons. Has anyone been able to beat seism with mono-aether? That one owns me everytime. I've got a pretty decent no-tower deck that I wanna try against him. Even if you end up losing score in the long run against lvl6, it's still a much more enjoyable way to grind, IMO.

  14. #1414
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaythal View Post
    Also, how can the mono-aether be consistent? 3 days ago with a deck with 3 Immortals and "only " 15 pillars (and the dragons doin 9 dmg) i couldn't outdamage neither Miracle nor Queen (didn't tried it much, 10 games or something, but i'll go back to aether if you confirm it's still viable)

    The more I read here the more I feel either joked around or unlucky as hell :-(
    If you look at sixones log, he wins 4/20 fights, so you needed to lose more than 10 games on average to see any profit hehe :P

    I don't know if level 6 is more enjoyable grind, because most games you just get squashed and the ones you win, the stars align and you get the right draw, shields up in time and enough pillars to put out your dragons. And mono-aether is still a boring grind, don't see how you can find it enjoyable. The only thing I like over level 6 is that it has badass background music lol.

    But sixones, I salute you for winning that much :P Still, I think you'll regret being in the high negative scores when everything is said and done lol. Honestly, top50 isn't too big of a bonus. But I'm top50 AND have a fully upgraded deck, so its not really "either or" for some people :P

  15. #1415
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    72
    I personally don't care at all about my score. I just want to play for fun.

    @CB!

    If you don't mind me asking...how many PUs do you put in your deck?

  16. #1416
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by r3h0ld3r View Post
    I personally don't care at all about my score. I just want to play for fun.

    @CB!

    If you don't mind me asking...how many PUs do you put in your deck?
    Currently my deck is 16 pillars, 6 PU, 6 sheilds, and 6 dragons. 34 card deck, I know, but with a decent draw, I'm consistently beating miracle and incarnate.

  17. #1417
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    If you look at sixones log, he wins 4/20 fights, so you needed to lose more than 10 games on average to see any profit hehe :P
    I didn't understood if he won 20% with un-upped or now that's partially upped. I thought to play mono-aether by myself and, after 10 games (actually was 9) I thought I was wrong. Then I read here and seems someone was doin "progress" (lol). Now I wanted to know if it's still doable with 6 dragons + 6 shields + pillars.

    Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    I don't know if level 6 is more enjoyable grind, because most games you just get squashed and the ones you win, the stars align and you get the right draw, shields up in time and enough pillars to put out your dragons. And mono-aether is still a boring grind, don't see how you can find it enjoyable. The only thing I like over level 6 is that it has badass background music lol.

    But sixones, I salute you for winning that much :P Still, I think you'll regret being in the high negative scores when everything is said and done lol. Honestly, top50 isn't too big of a bonus. But I'm top50 AND have a fully upgraded deck, so its not really "either or" for some people :P
    I dunno about sixones, but I started 10 days ago and before the patch I was able to get only 1 rare weap (over 200 wins). I got the second weap through quests but they're not makin that huge difference, thus I can't hope for a "constant rate" of winning. I think that a complete rainbow (with heals/miracle, hourglass, flying weapons, phase shields and/or the new elf) without any upgrades, should be quite consistent against the gods. But since I'm just a newb at least A COUPLE of wins would change my day.

  18. #1418
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaythal View Post
    20 games, 1 Miracle match, lost due to NO shield draw. (probably doable though)

    My deck
    Mark of Air
    6 Air Pillar
    9 Aether Pillar
    4 Wyrm
    6 PU
    5 Shields
    Ouch. I've had that happen to me once out of several dozen wins--there is no guarantee ever. But I'm pretty certain the gods do show up with equal frequency; I've gone through 100+ fights on some sessions and Miracle pretty reliably shows up for 10% of them in the long run, although naturally there will be droughts or clumping. I've had runs of 20+ games where he didn't show up, and I've had back to back wins off of him.

    I recommend upping your shields by 1 and switching a couple of the air pillars to aether (with mark of air you only need to get 1 pillar out, and since it's a stall-heavy strategy you don't really need to stack 6 of them). You may also cut back to 3 wyrms, as again drawing extras won't really do you any good and you can generally afford to wait until you get one of them. You need 6x shield, though; while the advantage of this strategy is that it can kill very fast once you get everything in place, you'll usually need to be able to stall until you get the right cards.

    The nice thing is that other than drawing shields in time the deck is very forgiving about the order your cards come in. Dive/PU can still usually win against Miracle with ridiculous draws as long as you have enough shields--and "enough shields" can often be as low as 2 or 3, as dive makes things go from 200 HP to 0 very quickly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    I don't know if level 6 is more enjoyable grind, because most games you just get squashed and the ones you win, the stars align and you get the right draw, shields up in time and enough pillars to put out your dragons. And mono-aether is still a boring grind, don't see how you can find it enjoyable. The only thing I like over level 6 is that it has badass background music lol.
    "Enjoyable" and "grind" don't belong in the same sentence, buddy.

    That said, the enjoyment isn't in the grind itself so much as it is the challenge of trying to come up with reliable counters. I don't enjoy pursuing decks that might win if you draw every card in the exact right order and the opponent doesn't bring out any of their 3 or 4 different cards that are all perfectly capable of shutting you down--another reason why I focus on trying to just absolutely shut down a couple of gods instead of gambling on most/all of them.

    (I'm not going to claim that farming Miracle is really fun at this point, but it's still pretty rapid cash that funds new decks to try earning money off of other gods.)

  19. #1419
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    158
    I just briefly read over this to catch up on some stuff.

    #1. You do not "Out-Damage" miracle with mono-aether. You get him low with like 3-4 phase dragons. And then on the turn before you would kill him you use a twin/parallel universe on him to copy atleast 1 of the golden dragons that has been blessed like 250832058 times and has like 33/33. Then you play that and a few phase dragons that you strategically kept in your hand and kill him. If the yellow bar says he will die the next turn he will always use a miracle (Unless he doesn't have the quantoms)

  20. #1420
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    158
    But on another note, getting a second electrocutor/lobotomizer would greatly improve your chances (atleast they would mine) when using a mono-aether against a large portion of the false-gods. Especially with an imp. animate weapon.

    Graviton, Fire Queen, Chaos Lord, and Hermes I can only beat when I draw one of them early (unless I get uber lucky)

    Edit: And gemini's momentums
    Last edited by sixones; 08-06-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center