A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 75 of 96 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Hey, you're doing them a favor. Lower score means more money in PvP. (PvP is too slow to be really good for farming, but since they're apparently playing PvP anyway what kind of sucker is going to turn down extra money?)

I just beat Rainbow and won 2 rare QP.... and I only saw QP and owl's eye in the spinner... I guess 80% of his deck must be QP... lol

exploit!

finally discovered the reason for people being so frigging slow in PVP - my router overheated and is shutting down at random, so i'm the cause for my own lag.

but as a result of this observation, found a way to easily win most PVP battles: start the battle and turn off your router/unplug network cable/whatever, and voila! PVP rewards for fighting against the computer.

how this can be fixed in code i have no idea - auto-loss on disconnect seems a bit too harsh...

Quote Originally Posted by zzz123 View Post
    exploit!

finally discovered the reason for people being so frigging slow in PVP - my router overheated and is shutting down at random, so i'm the cause for my own lag.

but as a result of this observation, found a way to easily win most PVP battles: start the battle and turn off your router/unplug network cable/whatever, and voila! PVP rewards for fighting against the computer.

how this can be fixed in code i have no idea - auto-loss on disconnect seems a bit too harsh...
    Computers are harder than most players. Seriously.
    The only reason pvp is harder is because it takes longer when you verse a 2 year old who can't find his space bar.

Quote Originally Posted by cb! View Post
    i just beat rainbow and won 2 rare qp.... And i only saw qp and owl's eye in the spinner... I guess 80% of his deck must be qp... Lol
    90%

clumping behavior repeats itself entirely too often... can we see the code for shuffling and random number generation? i am still half-convinced that it's doing something terribly wrong

Quote Originally Posted by sixones View Post
    Computers are harder than most players.
    depends
    the computer really fails to properly assess many threats (e.g. completely ignores my oty that eats his creatures every round and starts nuking a dragon, which can survive this for another 3 rounds)

plus the computer responds much faster so you invest a minute initially but then you save 5 minutes of game time!

but don't do this, it's cheating.

clumping behavior repeats itself entirely too often... can we see the code for shuffling and random number generation? i am still half-convinced that it's doing something terribly wrong

It sure does. I get sections of Incarnations/Miracles/Mortes/Chaos Lord in 1 section, and the rest of them are in section 2, and they repeat back and forth. Probably about 3 of each fight per section.

Then to come to the spinning it does the same. Very very clumped.

a side note: nice job on the AI! it's not einstein but it does a superb job against most 1-3 color decks, just my 11-color confuses it

depends
    the computer really fails to properly assess many threats (e.g. completely ignores my oty that eats his creatures every round and starts nuking a dragon, which can survive this for another 3 rounds)

plus the computer responds much faster so you invest a minute initially but then you save 5 minutes of game time!

but don't do this, it's cheating.
    Lol well I have much more important things to do then reconnecting my router every 2 minutes.. but what I will say is a lot of the time the game disconnects itself, I'll be sitting on ventrilo talking to someone and then all of a sudden I get the flashing red disconnect button and I don't worry about it and then profit from 5 second AI turns as opposed to 50 second player turns.

A good 50% of the time the player does not even respond as it is and you end up playing an AI.

When I play my own brother in the same house same internet ect. ect. we don't even play eachother by the time the game is over, it ends up disconnecting us and we can still message eachother but I can win, then go into his room to brag, and then he is over there spinning because he just won aswell. OR I can win and go in there and he's only on his 4th turn or something similar.

Edit: AND DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON HOW CREATURES RANDOMLY MORPH FOR NO REASON IN PVP.

My deck is 50% pillars. 3 out of 8 games I only have 2 in my first 8 cards... That's counting the first draw.

On the clumping idea.. if you've ever noticed in pvp...

When you have no pillars or barely more than none in your hand, your opponent has the same.

When you have a hand of no creatures, he has a hand of very few creatures as well.

Anybody else notice that in pvp what happens a lot of the time is a computer takes over and then all of a sudden all that persons creatures and artifacts dissappear and he goes to 100 health?

Also, what do you guys think about the 6 phase / 6 shield aether deck with 5 steals and darkness as main element
    Last edited by sixones; 08-07-2009 at 10:48 PM.

Also, what do you guys think about the 6 phase / 6 shield aether deck with 5 steals and darkness as main element
    fire element and deflagration may work slightly better, usable every 2 turns instead of every 3, and if you destroy a shield it won't overwrite yours as it does with stealing. out of everything else you can possibly steal only empathic bond makes sense (weapons don't do all that much damage compared to dragons, and you can't use clicky effects on anything since you only have aether and darkness), but with only 6 dragons empathy is hardly worth it

this sort of setup is very vulnerable to a denial build, too - since you have no anti-creature effects the enemy can starve you with trident/earthquakes, devourers, and possibly even discord
    plus those shields are so lovely to steal and you can only afford to steal it back once every 3 turns.
    Last edited by zzz123; 08-08-2009 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonloop View Post
    I registered to say i LOVE your game! congrats.
    The onlyt thing it lacks is the fact that creatures cannot defend your HPs against opponent creatures, that loses a lot of strategy that games like Magic has and your really lacks as basically creatures are just attackers.
    It would be one of the best card games online but unluckly that thing makes it a lot less fascinating that Magic or Spectromancer.
    The fact that it has a good number of cards and deck personalization reedeem it quite a lot anyway
    Armagio (creature, Gravity) can directly defend your HP against non-direct attacks. There are others that indirectly defend it by devouring opponent's creatures or freezing them or other effects... There are no creatures that destroy permanents, however.

Good to see another that found and enjoys this game! :-P

--rob77dp

I'm DeathAdder in the game yup i really like it.
    A suggestion to spread it more, make a system that let you invite friends, like a page where a new player can sign up referring another one. When a friend subscribe you receive tot golds or the possibility to do 5 spins for a card, or something like that, in this way people will be encouraged to spread the word.
    Another nice way will be supporting guilds or clans, like groups of players that join together to battle in a fictional war against other clans.
    Also, search if you can put it on Facebook and other social networks!

anyway i meant the possibility to kill other creatures with creatures, in a lot of games of this type you can choose where to drop the creature on the field, and it will attack the enemies HP only if the slot in front of it is free, if not it will attack that creature instead.
    I suppose the duels will last A LOT longer this way anyway, and it's a thing that cannot be added at this stage.
    Having some creatures with the power to directly attack other creatures each turn will be a nice add on anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Moonloop
    anyway i meant the possibility to kill other creatures with creatures, in a lot of games of this type you can choose where to drop the creature on the field, and it will attack the enemies HP only if the slot in front of it is free, if not it will attack that creature instead.
    Maybe elements is unique? So it just doesn't completely copy all other previous games?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonloop View Post
    Having some creatures with the power to directly attack other creatures each turn will be a nice add on anyway
    Directly attacking a creature with a creature would be Yugioh, wrong game sorry.
    Also, about your comment on encouraging other people to try your game. Why WOULDN'T you already be encouraged to have your friends play with you? Getting rewarded for referral reminds me of one of those dumb facebook games that spam you.

Edit: LOL Didn't even see that you even put something else in there about facebook. But still.

fire element and deflagration may work slightly better, usable every 2 turns instead of every 3, and if you destroy a shield it won't overwrite yours as it does with stealing. out of everything else you can possibly steal only empathic bond makes sense (weapons don't do all that much damage compared to dragons, and you can't use clicky effects on anything since you only have aether and darkness), but with only 6 dragons empathy is hardly worth it

this sort of setup is very vulnerable to a denial build, too - since you have no anti-creature effects the enemy can starve you with trident/earthquakes, devourers, and possibly even discord
    plus those shields are so lovely to steal and you can only afford to steal it back once every 3 turns.
    Yeah, you're right, fire would work much better. And on the denial issue, almost all towers now =) Towers help to screw over denial significantly. Even half towers and half pillars. I win against Seism 100% of the time because I just keep 2 different stacks and I always have them up.
    Last edited by sixones; 08-08-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Maybe elements is unique? So it just doesn't completely copy all other previous games?
    yes but this uniqueness is a weak point, as it makes the game lacks a lot of strategy during the battles, as you only need to choose few cards each turn.
    It's still a nice game because trying to find a balanced deck is fun, but as gameplay it's way worse than Magic, Spectromancer or yes, even yu-gi-oh.
    Said that, it was only my pov, the game is still quite fun to play

Also, about your comment on encouraging other people to try your game. Why WOULDN'T you already be encouraged to have your friends play with you? Getting rewarded for referral reminds me of one of those dumb facebook games that spam you.

Edit: LOL Didn't even see that you even put something else in there about facebook. But still.
    first, i already posted the game in few forums, second i was not talking about a spam system, only a referral one, for a developer that hasn't the money to make hude ads campaign around a lot of sites is a very good method to make people spread the word, he asked for suggestions about how to publicize it in the first topic, so