A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by alu. View Post
    Do you not have an electrocutioner or lobotomizer that you use?
    Oh sorry, subtract one of those towers and add in an electrocutor =P

Edit: Also there must be some kind of problem in the RNG of this game that causes clumping. When I fight graviton 7 times in a row (losing all 7 - of course). Then go and fight Gemini 4 times in a row. Followed by 1 game of Fire Queen. Then 2 more of Gemini. And then 2 more of Fire Queen again.

This isn't the only example of it either.
    Last edited by sixones; 08-11-2009 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CB! View Post
    It wasn't steals. My shield would disappear as the damage started rolling in. You know where it should have said 'miss miss miss miss'... my shield disappeared and I took full damage. It didn't disappear while he was playing other cards. It was at the end of his turn when all the damage is tallied...
    Just curious- were you using regular or upgraded dissipation shields?

Quote Originally Posted by sixones View Post
    Edit: Now I'm actually gaining in score as opposed to being negative 1500 like I was before by the way. Up to 2k now.
    Yeah, since I upgraded my pillars to towers I've been winning a lot more matches. I think I'm up about 4k since upgrading (at 18k now ). It's kinda funny. I've won 3 times as many matches, but probably 1/4 as many rares. Been having really bad luck spinning for rares....

Quote Originally Posted by velz View Post
    Oh sure, watch me grind out 1500 tokens to get one lousy card that may or may not ever come up in the deck when I need it.

Now if upgraded cards were int heir own little special sideboard where you can maybe sacrifice the next card in your deck to specifically draw that one upgrade, then sure. But you're seriously telling someone as a suggestion to grind out 1500 tokens which comes out to who knows how many hours of time just for one card to rectify an imbalance.

Dude, I dont know what fantasy land you're living in but this game is NOT worth that amount of time for one card.
    Poison is not even close to being OP. It generally takes a long time to start doing any significant damage, unless it gets a "perfect" starting hand- which is the same for ANY deck. Only difference is I know most of the time- I won't get a mastery against it

I tried this for the first time a few days ago. I love it, but over the last day, the load time has gone down to the point that the game won't start.

Has something happened at http://www.elementsthegame.com/.

I tried the link off Mofunzone.com, but it doesn't recognize my login.

Any ideas what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Steve View Post
    I tried this for the first time a few days ago. I love it, but over the last day, the load time has gone down to the point that the game won't start.

Has something happened at http://www.elementsthegame.com/.

I tried the link off Mofunzone.com, but it doesn't recognize my login.

Any ideas what's going on?
    try clearing your cache on your browser and of course mofunzone won't work, thats an OLD version that is locked out of the database anyways.

Oh sorry, subtract one of those towers and add in an electrocutor =P

Edit: Also there must be some kind of problem in the RNG of this game that causes clumping. When I fight graviton 7 times in a row (losing all 7 - of course). Then go and fight Gemini 4 times in a row. Followed by 1 game of Fire Queen. Then 2 more of Gemini. And then 2 more of Fire Queen again.

This isn't the only example of it either.
    I don't get it ... What is your ratio of victory against fake gods ?
    I use mono-aether too, and I almost always loose ...
    I lose against the Chaos Lord because of the dissipation shield, to the gravity shield + momentum for the gravity god, sometimes miracle does get me if I don't get a parallel at the right time ...
    Basically, almost every god can (and does) kill me !
    Is there something I don't use or get correctly ?

I thought the spinners in the slot machine picked 5 cards out of whatever deck you beat and flashed them at random.

My last spin I saw-
    Vampire stiletto x2, Discord
    Lycanthrope x2, Chaos Seed
    Dissipation Shield, Lycanthrope, Maxwells Demon

That's 6 different cards.

so what seems to be the go to deck for god grinding? I am trying the mono aether 30 card deck listed (with no upgraded cards) and i am not faring too well. I dont even fare too well on level 3 duels. scumbag decks that have steal that use them on my shield at the last second constantly screw me as do poison decks. I just feel like im grinding my gears to oblivion and going nowhere, meangint he fun is heading down the crapper cause of how hard it is to get money for even one card to attempt to try something new.

so what seems to be the go to deck for god grinding? I am trying the mono aether 30 card deck listed (with no upgraded cards) and i am not faring too well. I dont even fare too well on level 3 duels. scumbag decks that have steal that use them on my shield at the last second constantly screw me as do poison decks. I just feel like im grinding my gears to oblivion and going nowhere, meangint he fun is heading down the crapper cause of how hard it is to get money for even one card to attempt to try something new.
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...postcount=1542

This is working OK for me- earning enough to upgrade a card in about 3 hours. It gets faster as you upgrade pillars.

And yes, I see the irony of grinding to upgrade my grinding deck before I even get a chance to upgrade a single card I want to play with...

Mono-aether is the way to go. Use the deck I listed before. At first maybe you'll win 1 out of 10. And then maybe 1 card per 20 games. But you'd still profit 300 every time you went 1 card per 20 games. I win like 50% now with upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    try clearing your cache on your browser and of course mofunzone won't work, thats an OLD version that is locked out of the database anyways.
    Thanks, its working now.

Mono-aether is the way to go. Use the deck I listed before. At first maybe you'll win 1 out of 10. And then maybe 1 card per 20 games. But you'd still profit 300 every time you went 1 card per 20 games. I win like 50% now with upgraded.
    I have the cards to make that deck and have used it a few times against the level 6's and i get creamed.

I have the cards to make that deck and have used it a few times against the level 6's and i get creamed.
    Depends on which ones you play. And you have to learn their strategies from playing them.

--Incarnate should be your easiest.
    --2nd should be Miracle. Was one of my hardest for the longest time. Until you learn the strat. Have to keep cards in your hand and then zerg him dead all at once before he uses Miracle.
    --Seism is easy once you get the hang of how to use pillars against him. (But easier with towers)
    --Firefly Queen is killable but you need to get your Lobo early in the game and use it on his FFQ's to keep him down.

Note: These are the easiest for mono-aether because they are the only ones that can't destroy your shield.
    Last edited by sixones; 08-11-2009 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    I thought the spinners in the slot machine picked 5 cards out of whatever deck you beat and flashed them at random.

My last spin I saw-
    Vampire stiletto x2, Discord
    Lycanthrope x2, Chaos Seed
    Dissipation Shield, Lycanthrope, Maxwells Demon

That's 6 different cards.
    Is it supposed to be different? Its always 6 for me usually.

Is it supposed to be different? Its always 6 for me usually.
    I never really watched it carefully. But I do remembering reading somewhere back in this thread it picks 5 cards at random and populates the spinners. Unless it was recently changed to 6? Might explain why I'm seeing pillars more frequently on level 3 AI.

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    I never really watched it carefully. But I do remembering reading somewhere back in this thread it picks 5 cards at random and populates the spinners. Unless it was recently changed to 6? Might explain why I'm seeing pillars more frequently on level 3 AI.
    Maybe it is 5 cards per spin?
    Then 5 for the next one.

Idk.

Maybe it is 5 cards per spin?
    Then 5 for the next one.

Idk.
    It should be always be 5 cards straight with the possibilities of doubles, triples, and so forth of the same card. if there is more than 5 different cards on all 3 spins then it was most likely some kind of glitch that caused it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    It should be always be 5 cards straight with the possibilities of doubles, triples, and so forth of the same card. if there is more than 5 different cards on all 3 spins then it was most likely some kind of glitch that caused it.
    Its been 6 consistently tonight for me against fake gods.

That's kind of how level 6 works. It takes a lot of losses for every win, but when you do the payoff is potentially huge.

If you're going the mono-aether route, you really really really want lobotomizer. If you don't have it, and aren't particularly attached to whatever rares you might have, it may be worth starting over to choose lobotomizer as your rare weapon--it really makes that much difference, and although it'll take you a while to get back to where you can take on level 6 again you'll be so much more successful with it that in the long run you'd quite probably be better off. You still can turn a profit on level 6 with mono-aether even without lobotomizer, but it'll be slow going until you've got a fair number of upgrades. You can sometimes get lucky and reap a huge windfall though.

Alternately, if you care about your time investment more than you care about your score or record, I still do like taking dive/parallel universe and just farming Miracle specifically. Take your aether deck, switch to mark of air, change all your dragons to parallel universes, and substitute 3-4 wyrms/wind pillars in place of some of your aether pillars. Then repeatedly quit against every level 6 enemy that comes up until you run into Miracle. Most of the level 6 decks will shut down dive/PU so often it's not worth bothering, but there are just so many ways this deck can beat Miracle that it can pull off wins even with draws so bad they'd kill any other deck, so you've got as near a guarantee as you can get. Kill Miracle, take your spins, rinse, repeat. You're not getting that much profit per fight since you're losing so many for every victory--but since you're blowing through losses so rapidly, you're doing pretty well in terms of the amount of time you actually spend (getting a level 6 win every 10, maybe 15 minutes). If you have lobotomizer you can afford to actually take a swing against Incarnate and Fire Queen too; this will slow you down a bit, but not too badly, and you'll profit a bit more reliably.