A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote from Zanz on Kongregate:

Version 1.13 just got uploaded, it is a platform for future new cards, I am still working on the pvp system as well, so please be patient, what seems like cheating is most of the time just a disconnection.

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    what happened to phase dragons? they haven't changed in my deck, and I don't want to reload yet...
    Same stats, Cost 13.
    Elite: Same stats, Cost 14.

um guys i'm thinking of upgrading immortals to replace the dragons u think it will be more effective? lol...

I thought the upgrade on dragons actually looked pretty favorable for god-killer decks before, assuming you had fully upgraded pillars; even at half upgraded (plus shields/lobotomizer upped) getting enough quanta is rarely an issue for me, and they offered more bang for your buck long-term (18% more cost, 25% more damage; against damage-reducing shields, which are uncommon in PvP but several gods use, their relative advantage is even larger). Now that the base dragons have been nerfed, it seems like a no-brainer.

Immortals probably won't work well against the gods--any damage reduction and you can kiss your chances of winning goodbye, and even without damage reduction you've still got a long, slow fight that will probably run you out of shields and possibly deck you. In PvP they're definitely the way to go now, but I think people tended to overestimate dragons compared to immortals in PvP to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
    I thought the upgrade on dragons actually looked pretty favorable for god-killer decks, assuming you had fully upgraded pillars; even at half upgraded (plus shields/lobotomizer upped) getting enough quanta is rarely an issue for me, and they offered more bang for your buck long-term (18% more cost, 25% more damage; against damage-reducing shields, which are uncommon in PvP but several gods use, their relative advantage is even larger). Now that the base dragons have been nerfed, it seems like a no-brainer.
    lol you should try it and tell us

and with the dragon nerf i don't think aether is very viable against god now

11 was a good number because i always seems to get 11 mana on my 2nd turn...i never get 13 mana on 2nd turn and it is just too random of a number...
    Last edited by krazykraze; 08-12-2009 at 09:24 PM.

what happened to phase dragons? they haven't changed in my deck, and I don't want to reload yet...
    They got their cost changed to 13 for a normal one.

I already 2 upgraded Elites, should have 6 in no time to let you all know whats good.

The nerf on fake-gods really isn't that bad. The one I'd think it'd do the most damage against was Seism, who I actually have played like 50% of my matches against since the nerf and am undefeated 4-0 against him ... soo, its not too bad a nerf if you have towers.

meh i'm pretty tired of all these grinding and constant nerf on my deck so imma take a break lol...

Its ok guys my earthquake is still good.

Quote Originally Posted by krazykraze View Post
    meh i'm pretty tired of all these grinding and constant nerf on my deck so imma take a break lol...
    Well the dragon was unbalanced, before it cost less than 2 immortals and had the card advantage of only being 1 card.

Quote Originally Posted by sixones View Post
    Same stats, Cost 13.
    Elite: Same stats, Cost 14.
    That could totally cripple my grinding deck if I didn't have upgraded pillars!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    Well the dragon was unbalanced, before it cost less than 2 immortals and had the card advantage of only being 1 card.
    And now it is the most expensive dragon to play in the game. Even when it isn't upgraded.

yoo i just got a good idea

like make a limited/ban list for the game

For example, you may only use 1-2 cards like EQ/Dim shield/devouvers/PU/DissShield in a deck

That way players are forced to put a variety of cards into the deck and decks will not be monopolized with OP cards, this also put pressure on game developer to put more cards into the game

and this will also put a stop to unexpected nerfing for cards cuz if some cards become too overpowered you can just ban/limit some cards

I agree but there are much more overpowered cards like dev and EQs (not to mention immortals are **** to begin with)

also not to mention it screws over alot of players who just half way upgraded their deck...
    Last edited by krazykraze; 08-12-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Lol

By that reasoning- ALL the dragons are OP and should be nerfed.

Lol

By that reasoning- ALL the dragons are OP and should be nerfed.
    Er... except none of the other dragons are immaterial like immortals are, so there's a legitimate reason for them to be more cost-effective damagewise. Most dragons are 10 damage for 10 quanta, which is pretty standard for basic creatures, but they have rather low health for their cost (justifying the card advantage from having a single huge creature vs. lots of little ones); the only dragon nowadays that gets more than 10 damage non-upped is the fire dragon, which is much easier to kill than the rest.

I mean, if you're going to ignore the immaterial aspect, then cockatrices are ridiculous they do as much damage as immortals for half the cost! NERF COCKATRICE IT IS OP.

Er... except none of the other dragons are immaterial like immortals are, so there's a legitimate reason for them to be more cost-effective damagewise. Most dragons are 10 damage for 10 quanta, which is pretty standard for basic creatures, but they have rather low health for their cost (justifying the card advantage from having a single huge creature vs. lots of little ones); the only dragon nowadays that gets more than 10 damage non-upped is the fire dragon, which is much easier to kill than the rest.

I mean, if you're going to ignore the immaterial aspect, then cockatrices are ridiculous they do as much damage as immortals for half the cost! NERF COCKATRICE IT IS OP.
    we should totally nerf upped spark it cost no mana and it does as much as Immortals lol

nerf upped spark
    qft

Well they were only made immaterial because parallel universe was OP.

I would actually argue the opposite- the immortals were far more useful in general. They were cheaper, and when you have your shield up and less than 6 pillars you have to make sure you have 6 mana available every 3 turns (more if your opponent has devourers/earthquakes/etc). That could delay dropping a dragon for up to 4 turns where if you had an immortal you could drop 3 in that same number of turns, keeping your shield up.

we should totally nerf upped spark it cost no mana and it does as much as Immortals lol
    I almost choked- was taking a drink when I read this!

And don't forget- spark also can not be targeted by the opposing player just like immortals!

Seriously nerf without warning is so stupid

if u are gonna nerf something then at least let us sell our cards for full price for a limited time so we don't get screwed...

U nerf Aether because the majority of players use aether, but is it smart to piss off the majority so you lose players? Constantly nerfing is never good in any game and if u think one color is too op u should think of a way to make the other colors better
    Last edited by krazykraze; 08-12-2009 at 10:27 PM.