A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by sixones View Post
    I use aether, idk what else works well. Rainbow works well too if you have a good deck.
    Didnt you just say you cant use aether for gods?

Quote Originally Posted by velz View Post
    Didnt you just say you cant use aether for gods?
    You can't use that darkness deck for gods I said with devourers.

FYI phase dragons now cost 13 to play!

Quote Originally Posted by r3h0ld3r View Post
    FYI phase dragons now cost 13 to play!
    This is why I was upset beta only lasted most of one weekend. The beta remake of the phase dragons had them at 11/0 at a cost of 7 or so aether quanta (PU's were at 5), then changes went live and we had the 8/6 invincible 11 aether quanta version, without any testing (public testing anyway) at all. The whole point of beta versions for games like these is to minimize bugs and for balancing, but 2.5 days (if it was even that) wasn't enough to balance new cards. If beta had been longer, this change probably would have occurred sooner and many people (like me) wouldn't have spent all their credit upgrading their aether farming decks.

For the record, I'm not upset that aether was nerfed. The fact that it is still the predominant godfarming deck, as well as very popular in PvP, speaks to its power. The reason I play aether is not because I want to be 1337 or be in the top50, it's so I can get to a point where I can experiment and have fun with other decks. Two deck ideas I have now each require 6 upgraded cards, so that's what I'm working towards now. If beta was re instituted, people could experiment with different decks and changes could be vetted first before going live.

Ok, I just saw that shiny thing you guys were talking about in a pvp game. It adds 20 to maximum hp when played

Mono-aether hasn't been nerfed. At least from what I can tell so far. I'm still beating the fake-gods I was beating before the price increase: Morte, Incarnate, Miracle. I haven't play FQ yet, but I even beat Hermes. So while the price increase slows aether up a little more, it's only by 1 turn, usually. I imagine it will make Seism harder for me. Because I usually can't get more than 1 dragon out before I'm using all my quanta to keep my shields up. But the price increase sure hasn't made my half-upgraded mono-aether deck useless against fake-gods.

Quote Originally Posted by sixones View Post
    You can't use that darkness deck for gods I said with devourers.
    sorry very tired when typing that.

so im at a loss here, my mono aether or aether/life deck is just doing horrible against gods, yet supposedly it's *the* god farming deck..

I have to be missing something...Are people using this in a completely upgraded form? i dont have ONE upgraded card yet and I can't see myself grinding out THAT much even to get ONE upgraded tower for example. 1500 is an insane amount to me, again unless I'm being shortsighted on a strategy here somewhere...i dont have a ton of time to play this game, I'd like to be able to put togetehr something competitive however without having to devote my life to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CB! View Post
    Mono-aether hasn't been nerfed. At least from what I can tell so far. I'm still beating the fake-gods I was beating before the price increase: Morte, Incarnate, Miracle. I haven't play FQ yet, but I even beat Hermes. So while the price increase slows aether up a little more, it's only by 1 turn, usually. I imagine it will make Seism harder for me. Because I usually can't get more than 1 dragon out before I'm using all my quanta to keep my shields up. But the price increase sure hasn't made my half-upgraded mono-aether deck useless against fake-gods.
    do you still use dragons or immortals?

for me i've been losing alot more games than i should due to this change

sorry very tired when typing that.

so im at a loss here, my mono aether or aether/life deck is just doing horrible against gods, yet supposedly it's *the* god farming deck..

I have to be missing something...Are people using this in a completely upgraded form? i dont have ONE upgraded card yet and I can't see myself grinding out THAT much even to get ONE upgraded tower for example. 1500 is an insane amount to me, again unless I'm being shortsighted on a strategy here somewhere...i dont have a ton of time to play this game, I'd like to be able to put togetehr something competitive however without having to devote my life to it.
    yea expect some major loss when facing god

but when you do win, some games get u 2 cards per game that worth 860 gold each and that's 1 upgrade right there...it all depends on ur luck though

a deck can be competitive without any upgrades, my more than half upgraded aether lose to non upgraded dark/earth and gravity decks alot...i think i lost 5 in a row to a not upped dark/earth yesterday, maybe it is because of my bad draw but you can see that in elements strategy > upgrades
    Last edited by krazykraze; 08-13-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krazykraze View Post
    yea expect some major loss when facing god

but when you do win, some games get u 2 cards per game that worth 860 gold each and that's 1 upgrade right there...it all depends on ur luck though
    so youre saying that aether definitely is the go to god farming deck or are there other variations?

and is it only 30 cards or more?

IMO i think switching to fire for destruction in the deck to kil off their shields is more important than the life thing i have now to try and get a master win vs lvl 3s...hmm

so youre saying that aether definitely is the go to god farming deck or are there other variations?

and is it only 30 cards or more?

IMO i think switching to fire for destruction in the deck to kil off their shields is more important than the life thing i have now to try and get a master win vs lvl 3s...hmm
    switching to fire won't get you any masteries because you can't heal urself so no fire

and yea i don't think not upgraded aether is very good against god now because at least you can summon those miracle (lol) dragons faster with towers instead of pillars
    Last edited by krazykraze; 08-13-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Why can't Seism's Pulverizer artifact be targeted?

Why can't Seism's Pulverizer artifact be targeted?
    seism cast enchant artifact alot so maybe that's why (u can't target EAed weapons)

"Godkiller"

At the start with mono-aether - sixones posted a variation deck a dozen pages ago or so - which does a pretty good job against the gods, you're going to be losing a lot. And I don't mean 50% or so, I mean that with 6-7 of them you might as well just quit out, and of the remaining ones, all but Incarnate and Miracle you're not likely to take more than one win in four. If you managed to get more than one Lobotomizer, you'll have more luck against FQ but you'll find yourself having some frustrated draws where you just don't get the shields in time.

Miracle and Incarnate are the only ones with remotely close to a guaranteed win with appropriate strategies, and you're still going to need to have enough shields in your hand and quanta on the floor by 18 cards left to play out the rest of the game without dropping it.

The upside is that when you win you pay for another loss, and when you win a card, you can lose/quit out of ~25 matches and still show a profit. A few lucky streaks and you'll upgrade a couple cards, and once you get a handle on Seism, even with the new-and-not-so-improved dragons you can still deal with him more than half the time (because of the EQ mechanic, having the ability to drop two stacks of Aether quanta cards is very beneficial against him). Once again, a lobo can make or break your experience, this time because of the cost for cheap damage.

In a lot of ways, you have to remember that the Mono-Aether has a lot in common with a rainbow deck against the L6 decks. Sometimes you need a quick shield, sometimes you need a lot of shields, sometimes you need the PUs and sometimes you need to not have those and instead the dragons do all the lifting, and sometimes you need a second turn lobo or all is lost.

tl;dr
    Even with the best luck, your cards in an unupgraded deck can only get you four wins out of 11 decks. Good luck on your part and reasonably bad luck on the AIs can get you another 2-3, and you're still left quitting out of 4-5 , so you need a lot of tolerance for failure to 'farm' the gods.

gotcha thanks guys

i didn't start farm god until i had about 9 pillars upgraded

before that i just grinded level 3s for money and upgraded the hardcore way

facing god with a not upped aether is very hard not to mention it hurts your score alot...after about 9 towers i gain more score facing god than doing level 3s but i still lose a lot

but that's before the nerf and i don't feel like doing god again with a handicap...

also if u want to grind level 3s aether/life masteries might not work so well since u will have handicapped mana to summon dragons unless you run immortals instead (i assume you use life mark), best deck to get masteries now is dark/vamp deck
    Last edited by krazykraze; 08-13-2009 at 11:38 AM.

I've been able to beat the miracle god a few times with a totally unupgraded mono-aether deck. It's all about shields & using their super creatures against them.
    6 shields
    6 parrallel universes
    2 dragons
    1 lobotomizer
    15 pillars

No luck against the other gods & didn't win a card any of the times I have won, so overall I'm down about 300 coins

You should be able to beat incarnate with that deck too, and probably with a mastery when you do. Don't play any PUs until you have a lobo to remove all infections and viruses, then copy the vampires. Once you've got 4+ damage sources it's in the bag.

Same with FFQ if you draw your lobo on turn 1, copy the animated weapons and hope he doesn't leave an eagle's eye in the weapon slot too long where you can't lobotomize it.

If you get lucky, you can also take on Gemini with the same deck. He'll have to burn his PUs on a creature without momentum and you'll have to get lucky with the lobo to be able to strip off the momentum while copying it for your own collection - this one's a rare win though (comments suggest upgrades can make winning here a lot more likely).

If you swap the PUs with dragons you'll have about the same winning percentage against all the decks you can beat, but can also take on Seism a lot of the times he doesn't start out with 5-6 EQs in hand (your winning percentage will go up dramatically with even 3-4 upgraded towers).

I should have mentioned before, since it may not be self evident, the absolute key to winning against the 'easy' gods is to have 15 or 18 consecutive turns with shields. That's why it's absolutely vital to play a 30 card deck and no more, so that you can get survive down to 16-19 cards remaining and have 2-3 shields in hand, plus very good odds of picking up the rest. Most of your wins against Miracle and Incarnate will be with 1-5 cards left to draw, you need to make it as likely as possible you'll live that long.

resolved

A few things -

What do people say to a forum T50, based on postcount in certain forums (eg, not in off-topic)?

when was the last time zanz replied to this? Should someone email him/her to put in an appearance?

I'll be home in a few days, so can start work on wiki, forum and start playing again. Expect a lot of posts when I find stuff that is new to me, but is probably old news to everyone else. Sorry in advance.

New card ideas -

Furnace - Fire - Permanent - Cost, undecided

For use with elite Fireflies, or Brimstone eater

Ability - Combustion -Use 1 fire to create 1 light, multi-use per turn

Torch - Permanent - Use 1 fire and 1 darkness to create 2 light, multi-use per turn

A card for each element - use all of that element's quanta to boost all of that element's creatures ON EACH SIDE by a number based on quanta

Finally: DEDICATED FORUM AT : http://www.elementstheforum.smfforfree3.com
    Last edited by Pilchard123; 08-13-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krazykraze View Post
    do you still use dragons or immortals?

for me i've been losing alot more games than i should due to this change
    I'm still running dragons. But like I said it's really only slowing up my start by 1 turn. I've still lost a few games, but that's been more due to a bad draw. I haven't had a situation where I could pin the loss to the cost of the dragon.

EDIT: Just played Seism where I was expecting to lose because of the new cost. And I did lose this one because I couldn't get as many dragons out and he just outlasted my shields.
    Last edited by CB!; 08-13-2009 at 01:24 PM.