A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

bug

- the account "testingaccount" starts automatically and has a deck of 22 cards
    - same with the account "justin23" that have a deck of 25 cards

- the game is not saving my stats again .. it is coming back to the 28,460 again
    Last edited by -Samura-; 06-05-2009 at 11:28 PM.

I fixed the problem with "Justin" and "testingaccount"... and I'll add an autosave confirmation to the menu so that you can see if the game has not been saved and click a "save" button if it did not happen.

@Samura
    So far you are the only one that I know of that have problems with the autosave function. While I add the manual save function to the game you could try going back to menu and wait on that screen for a few seconds before you quit playing: the game is saved at many checkpoints, one of them is when you enter the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by tenk51 View Post
    there really needs to be a way from stopping your creatures from attacking every turn. I just lost a game against a time and a freeze deck because my creatures attacked and I couldn't use their abilities
    The fire shield also destroys many creatures (Parasite, Virus, etc.) before you get a chance to use their abilities even once. Very damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by -Samura- View Post
    wow! ... I would love to see

to post images, go for example, to

http://imageshack.us/

then upload your image

copy the url result of that

click here on the "Insert Image" (when you write the post .. above menu)

paste the url address that imageshack gave you to there

and is done
    it was kind of a weird draw I got 5 firefly queens out put I couldn't get my rustler out for a while so once I did I made 10 fireflies inthe last two rounds. The wasn't doing much damage until the end then I did 52 damage and 78 on the last round

Thanks for the info on that site. I was lust to lazy to find somewhere I could post the image.
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-06-2009 at 01:22 AM.

A comment about the quantum pillars, I like the idea of them,they are just not strong enough with 12 elements.

I could see building a multi-color deck around quantum pillars if the returned 4 0r 5 quantums of a random element but with only 2 I would need to be using a 7 color deck at least to get any advantage from quantum pillars and even then it would be really difficult because I wouldn't be able to use what I wanted when I wanted.

Anyway I just think it would be interesting if they were a bit stronger and a viable strategy could be worked out to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post
    A comment about the quantum pillars, I like the idea of them,they are just not strong enough with 12 elements.

I could see building a multi-color deck around quantum pillars if the returned 4 0r 5 quantums of a random element but with only 2 I would need to be using a 7 color deck at least to get any advantage from quantum pillars and even then it would be really difficult because I wouldn't be able to use what I wanted when I wanted.

Anyway I just think it would be interesting if they were a bit stronger and a viable strategy could be worked out to use them.
    If they gave 2 -- in 1 each -- it could be useful. If they gave 3 that way I might even consider using them.

But giving 2 to one element per turn is just too ineffective, even if I filled my deck with cheap cards it would never be reliable enough to win money.

I've been playing this game for a few days already and I want to say that this is an awesome game and I'm addicted to it. I love the changes that were made to the gravity and time elements because it made my strategy a whole lot easier to do with the lower costs for most stuff, although I must disagree with the otyugh or however you spell it costing more, hehe

I know I have a much larger deck than most but it works for me because of all the golden hourglasses I have in my deck so i quickly siphon my deck so I will go through and be able to play many more cards than my opponents and I have a bunch of pillars in my deck so I'll usually be able to get at least a couple. Within the first few turns I'll at least either get one otyugh or golden hourglass if not both so it'll often times let me get a lot of stuff out there. once I get my hourglass out I'll draw twice as fast, letting me get even more pillars and I'll be able to use the other cards I draw quickly because of all the pillars I already have, so I'm usually able to overwhelm the opponent.

Just thought I'd show that you don't always have to play with a small trimmed down deck with only a few kinds of cards, especially with newer cards coming out in updates. I enjoy my gravity/time deck and who knows it may be the kind of deck for others of you out there.

I'd also support a bit of a change to the slots as others here would because I win them a decent amount of times but never seem to be able to get a rare card even once(Thank the lord devonian dragons aren't as are anymore).

One question I'd like to ask though is that if Anubis used his immortality ability on Amargio and amargio used his gravity ability, what would happen? Would his life go down like normal from being attacked or would the player become pretty much invincible because immortality says that the creature cannot be harmed.

Just want to say thanks for the game and all the hard work you've put into it and Woo I broke into the top 50 at last!

Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    If they gave 2 -- in 1 each -- it could be useful. If they gave 3 that way I might even consider using them.

But giving 2 to one element per turn is just too ineffective, even if I filled my deck with cheap cards it would never be reliable enough to win money.
    Not sure I understood what you were saying, did you mean if they gave two each in two diiferent elements per turn? That would make them interesting. Or something like 1,2,3 quantums in three different elements. I'm just playing with the idea. What do you think zanzario?

It's hard to compete with the power of the nova's though. I just killed a guy on my fourth round. I have a 31 card deck and it came up three nova's and two blessings. I put the blessings on a deja vu the first round and then doubled him the second round. hard to beat that. well you can see the rest in the image.

I think it might be possible to beat someone in three rounds, I'm pondering if it is theoretically possible?

OK I figured out a three turn win;

round 1
    (3 nova, 2 blessings, 1 deja vu, 1 parallel universe, 1 firefly queen or graboid)
    cast 2 blessings and paralel universe on deja vu = 14 damage , cost 6 light, 5 aether, 1 time
    firefly queen = 3 damage, cost 5 air
    total damage = 17

round 2
    (1 graboid)
    double both deja vu's = 28 damage, cost 2 time
    frirefly queen makes a firefly = 6 damage, cost 2 life
    graboid = 2 damage, cost 3 earth
    total damage = 36

round 3
    (poison or anything else that will do at least 2 damage)
    deja vu's = 28 damage, cost 0
    frirefly queen makes a second firefly = 9 damage, cost 2 life
    graboid evolve = 8 damage, cost 1 time
    poison = 2, cost 1 death
    total damage = 47

grand total - damage = 100, cost 6 light, 5 aether, 5 air, 5 time, 4 life, 3 earth, 1 death
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-06-2009 at 11:00 PM.

I thought about the armagio/anubi combination when i created the anubi card and I had to make an exception there, the damage absorbed by armagio is inflicted to him even if he is immortal... he will remain untargetable though.

i hav a question...

the only way to get rare card right now is to fight level 3 2 or 1?

or u also hav a chance to win a card by playing with top 50? (even though those people dont hav the rare cards)

I added a special deck for level 4 that is loaded with rares. That's where the best chances to get rare cards is.

The name of the deck is "The Elements".

Just do not keep reloading the level 4 until you get to it or otherwise you'll lose electrum/score quite fast.

Those cards are now extremely rare, but as people find them and use them in their decks it will be more and more common to find those cards in a level 4 match. It will be still hard to get one, but not so ridiculously hard as it is right now.

Most rares are elemental weapons anyway, so they are not "necessary" to build a good deck, they just make a nice upgrade for that weapon slot.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    So far you are the only one that I know of that have problems with the autosave function. While I add the manual save function to the game you could try going back to menu and wait on that screen for a few seconds before you quit playing: the game is saved at many checkpoints, one of them is when you enter the menu.
    I tried to do that ... many times, after a fight, I go to the Bazaar and Menu and Bazaar and Menu again to see if it autosave ... but when I turn off my browser and come back it is always at 28,460 score

I was using since the beginning Google Chrome but right now I tried with Firefox to see if is because of the browser? I did the same test right now - did a fight, won, won a card, said "ok", Menu, Manage Deck, Menu again, then i close the browser, open it again, go to www.zanzarino.net/elements it redirect to http://www.elementsthegame.com/ .. it said "VER. 0.4" i login, and the score and all stats is back to 28,460 again (card won disappear)

each time i go to the Menu page and then to the Bazaar and then to the Manage Deck it seams that the browser is contacting the server because it take time, and for each session (each time i login) the data is coherent with i have done that session ... i can even build some score and submit to the high-score page .. but it restart from 28,460 next time I open the game... :\

(i tried in other computer too and it do the same thing... :S ...)

maybe with that manual save button one could track what is going on...

Hmm... I was thinking ... maybe ... I'm the only one with this problem because I'm the only one with such a high score .... I mean .. maybe the problem is with the database, like if the array size of some variable was reached by my account it would not be able to save to it ... first i was thinking that was the score . but the score isn't a power of 2 ... nor the coins i have .. and not the win+loss .... but then i observe something: I have 901 cards! if somehow the memory array/list start from 0 to 900 then it could not save if I have .. say 902 it only be able to save to the 901

i manage to do this test right now as i writing .. i just sell 3 cards and started a game... won the game.. won a card (a Pegasus i think..) ... I have right now 899 cards .. just sell 1 more card for the sake of experience , my score is 28,483... gonna restart ... and ...

YES .... is not going back! is at 28,483

ok it is because of the some limit number (901) of cards that the database can store in some kind of array/list [0,1,...,900]

.. i think

Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post
    it was kind of a weird draw I got 5 firefly queens out put I couldn't get my rustler out for a while so once I did I made 10 fireflies inthe last two rounds. The wasn't doing much damage until the end then I did 52 damage and 78 on the last round
    wow! that is fantastic !!

I was thinking .. there is only 1 more space left for more creatures in your table ...hmm.. so... I was wondering .. if you got 2 more creatures would the game have crashed?

Oh, ok now everything makes sense, I didn't realize you already had 900 cards in your deck so, yes you reached the limit for the array size...

...and i have people telling me that winning cards is too hard.

Well, anyway, I see if I can increase the size limit, since I guess more poeple will reach that number sooner or later.

! I just played "The Elements" deck for the first time.
    The only issue I have with the deck is that the computer would play a new weapons card even though he had a weapon's card out.

(I managed to win a card but it was Quantum Pillar XD)

@icecue7

That's normal, the AI plays a new weapon if he "thinks" it's better than the old one (this way it does not keep a dagger out when a Fahrenheit is available).

But, of course, it's hard for a human to determine if it's better an elemental weapon or the other in a given situation, for the AI is almost impossible.

I know it is easy to win against that deck, take is as a bonus match.

Ah, that makes sense then. He did replace it with a better weapon (sort of).
    Last edited by icecue7; 06-06-2009 at 12:00 PM.

@samura

I changed the system that stores the saved data in the database, now you should be able to save up to 16,000 cards, which is probably more than my flash program can handle anyway.

Do some shopping and let me know if your account is saving

Quote Originally Posted by -Samura- View Post
    wow! that is fantastic !!

I was thinking .. there is only 1 more space left for more creatures in your table ...hmm.. so... I was wondering .. if you got 2 more creatures would the game have crashed?
    No I managed to play a game where I filled up all my creature slots. It just doesn't let you make anymore creatures after that. I had more creatures that I could have played. The computer played a dimensional sheild so in the meantime I just kept generating fireflies.

But if you can't win with 23 creatures something is seriously wrong with your strategy.
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-06-2009 at 11:03 PM.

I figured out a theoretical three turn win, see my post above for more detail;

round 1 (3 nova, 2 blessings, 1 deja vu, 1 parallel universe, 1 firefly queen)
    total damage = 17

round 2 (1 graboid)
    total damage = 36

round 3 (poison or anything else that will do at least 2 damage)
    total damage = 47

It's pretty specific though the only options are the firefly queen could be replaced by a second graboid and the third round card could be a lot of different things

, I am wondering if anyone can figure out a way to do it with better odds. Or let me know if you actually pull it off. I guess it would be not that hard to do if you got the right cards. Most decks take at least two rounds before they can get any serious counters out. If you won the coin toss the AI would only have two turns to do anything. so he could probably only get his pillars out and maybe one or two creatures, and then be dead.
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-06-2009 at 03:47 PM.