A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 40 of 96 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

So i've made a deck which seems to exemplify how powerfull dissipation shield is. It has 25 quantum pillers, 4 dissipation shields and some filler to get up to 48 cards (which is more than most decks will have) as a drainer deck. It has no mosters in it what so ever but does have a number of different weapons for the hell of it. I find that if i can get a shield out early (round 2,3) i'll easily be pulling enough quantum pillers to counteract any early offence. I've ended with 100 health (usually do to a vampire stiletto if i get hit early) over half the time. I've only lost one match out of about 15 so far and that was against a firefly queen deck. Just thought i would share my fun with you folk.

Edit: An early enchant artifact is also very important to save the pillers.

Edit: It is even effective against the dragon/univers deck since those usually use the deck min 30 cards and take a few turns to get started.
    Last edited by Cooder; 07-06-2009 at 01:02 AM.

Cooder, my deck that I recently posted actually has a very good win percentage against that sort of deck. In fact, your type of deck is usually an easy win for me.

You play dissipation shield, but I can play enough creatures to deal more damage than you make quantum. And the shield will tie up all your quantum. But, that is against the AI, I don't know if you whether you would do better.

All of my creatures deal at least 3 damage, and have at least 3 hp. So they are out of natural otyugh range and at least deal as much damage as a quantum pillar will produce quantum.

Also, as a side note. Chaos seed is a bit too powerful now. It often gives you a more expensive effect, and never gives you a less expensive effect, cause it cost just one. While it can be random, the fact that it only does negative effects makes it much more reliable. In fact, it is probably the best creature removal in the game.

I've been think about some card ideas.

Murder 3 death
    spell
    destroy target creature.

Considering firebolt and friends can target players too, this should be balanced. But it can be increased to 4. Also, it here cause it would be the only stable creature removal, as it always gets rid of creatures, that arent immortal, or burrowed.

Flaming Efreet 5 fire
    Creature
    6/1

Very fragile, but possibly too good considering Immolation.

Healing Rain 2 water
    Spell
    Restores 4 hp to all your creatures.

Not much to say about this. Not that great, since people usually play spells to kill the creature, not leave it almost dead.

Android 5 of anything
    creature
    4/4

I just thought that the other space was rather empty. A fine creature. You could probably make it cheap. So new players would get an easy to buy decent sized guy.

I hit the computer with 2 plagues and skyrockeded its Bone Wall. In the picture it was up to 70 but by the end of the game it was up to 100. I still won with 100 HP.
    Last edited by Cooder; 07-06-2009 at 10:12 AM.

I've found a glitch. Once you get enough cards, some cards will be off screen in the collection part of the your deck screen. So, you can't access those cards.

You can still access them you just have to look at your cards by element.

I know that, but it is still a glitch.

Also, What is everyone's favorite card? And what is your most disliked card?

Currently my favorite is cockatrice and my least favorite is earthquake (really annoying).

Quote Originally Posted by gambrinous View Post
    So all the card art is from creatures created in Spore? Very neat!

Could you make a sporecast of them all, zan? If you have a spore account, if not give me a list of all the people that let you use them, and i'll do it myself. I want to make an Elements themed spore game. Just for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garruk View Post
    I guess it is too early.
    yeah

btw, your deck is an interesting fast forward, but have a severe lack of control or defense .. hmm ... at least if you had a Druidic Staff instead of the Short Sword?

What is everyone's favorite card? And what is your most disliked card?
    favorite card: hmm.. Nova? because it can always open a wide branches of strategies in your deck ^^

dislike card: .. I like all the cards!! lol ... hmmm .. Gnome Rider? because i never used.. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Cooder View Post
    Edit: It is even effective against the dragon/univers deck since those usually use the deck min 30 cards and take a few turns to get started.
    hehe.. is actually a very nice shield deck you have there .. but one thing tho .. the second screen (against lakuchi) would have not worked against a human player because he would have reverse one of the dragons continually with his Eternity weapon to an endless deck pile ... and then would be you that could have been losing by discard ...

bug - Flying weapon are not carrying over transformations on the weapons - I play a Enchant Artifact on a weapon, it got immortalized like expected, but when I did a Flying Weapon it lost his untarguetable condition (in this case.. it was target of a Reverse Time by the opponent)
    Last edited by -Samura-; 07-06-2009 at 02:15 PM.

I also found anouther hole with this deck and thats momentum. Any card with momentum is going right past the shield and undermining the entire defence.

http://img190.imageshack.us/i/doc2o.mp4/

check out this guy's light quantums!!!

Earthquake kills the very thing that makes the game work. it is very crazy and easily ruins any opponent. Also, by destroying all of a players pillars. You make the game very unfun for the player on the other side. That person feels helpless and unable to do anything. So, not only is it too powerful, but it very demoralizing and makes people want to play the game less.
    I'm going to have to agree with Garruk. Samura is right about there being decks that can beat earthquake, particularly immo/nova decks. But seeing as how pillar decks constitute more than 95% of all decks, I'd say that earthquake is broken. I don't think any ONE card should shift all decks into non-pillar decks.

I've been playing PVP, half of the opponents have turned into denial decks, using devourers and earthquake. I really don't want this to become a nova deck marathon again, we should be allowed to use all elements just to make the game more unpredictable and make use of all types of strategies (not just quantum denial or nova/immo). Takes the fun out of the game, dont you think?

Suggestions:
    Make earthquake cost 4 quantum.

-Prevents people using earth mark and destroying three pillars on their 2nd turn, which HUGELY destroys your chance of winning (you can draw 3 pillars first turn if you're lucky, but if those pillars are destroyed next turn, you rely only on drawing a pillar (low chances: one draw per turn) for your sources, THAT IS IF ur opponent doesnt have another earthquake. You're basically screwed, which is how most of my games played out.
    -allows you time on 2nd turn to put an earth artifact on one of your element pillars

Make earthquake cost 3 quantum, destroy 2 pillars

-3 pillars x 6 earthquakes = 18 pillars destroyed = a joke, most people dont even put 18 pillars in their deck

-2 pillars x 6 earthquakes = 12 pillars destroyed = manageable (since they wont be able to draw all earthquakes first turn and use it the next turn)

Allow your mark to give you 2 QUANTUM per turn

-even with your pillars destroyed, you're still getting 2 quantum per turn, and this could allow for some other strategies
    -not the greatest suggestion, earthquake would still be broken and it means the opp can now use TWO earthquake 2nd turn LOL
    Last edited by Disaru; 07-06-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cooder View Post
    So i've made a deck which seems to exemplify how powerfull dissipation shield is. It has 25 quantum pillers, 4 dissipation shields and some filler to get up to 48 cards (which is more than most decks will have) as a drainer deck. It has no mosters in it what so ever but does have a number of different weapons for the hell of it. I find that if i can get a shield out early (round 2,3) i'll easily be pulling enough quantum pillers to counteract any early offence. I've ended with 100 health (usually do to a vampire stiletto if i get hit early) over half the time. I've only lost one match out of about 15 so far and that was against a firefly queen deck. Just thought i would share my fun with you folk.

Edit: An early enchant artifact is also very important to save the pillers.

Powerful? I'm not too sure. A fast deck would kick dissipations arse. Also it only converts physical damage. I just destroyed a dissipation deck in PVP with my Deva Vu/Blessing/Parallel Uni deck.

Of course, all this should be taken with...

a grain of salt as PVP/level 4 is still just you with your brain vs. the AI with its quite limited flexibility. I am sure that dissipation shield decks in the hands of human players are RIPPING up other decks that are AI controlled while the same two decks with the human side turned AI and the AI side turned human have the complete opposite results.

--rob77dp

Earthquake has to be changed pretty fast. It needs to cost atleast 3 or 4 quantams to use it.

I carry enchant artifact, but if I lose the coin flip and that player has one, there is no chance to recover. Its really quite unbalanced.

cutting down from 3 to 2 should do the trick with the earth card.
    Not sure why people would consider going to pillarless decks since the y aren´t too strong. although samuras deck gave me fits lol.
    wanted to ask if anything is going to happen to the chat.It seems to get buggy when its full also if you still intend to make the changes you suggested before the last update (card upgrade,levelsystem etc)

I just want to comment on this problem:

Disaru, I want to combine your idea with my own. Firstly, I think we should make certain cards use 2 different elements. Such as Earthquake using Earth and Gravity per say. Secondly, make it so that it either destroys 1 or 2 pillars (chosen by randomization).

The Dissipation shield deck isn't flawless whatsoever. I'd like to know how many people remember YSQ's first no monster deck. This would just destroy the Dissipation deck. Another deck would be a poisining deck with Chysaora's and Poison's and such.

This is also a warning to everyone who is amazed by Cooder's Dissipation Deck with the 25 quantum pillars: Trust me I've got that deck (made it for fun) and mine has 42 Quantum pillars, 4 Dissipation Shields, 6 Enchant Artifacts, 1 Fahrenheit, 1 MorningStar, 2 Miracles and 2 Purify. Trust me it's not that great and the chances of getting 25 Quantum pillars out there is so slim. Just because it looks good, once true PvP comes out this deck will be abandoned!!!

@Disaru, Zeta711

I'm playing a Immolation/Nova deck, and I'm using earthquakes .. and believe me.. earthquake is not broken whatsoever .. now look:

1 - even if I use 6 on my deck I will not wait for multiples of 3 pillars to destroy .. If I wait then I'll really over death - so I destroy 1,2 and only 3 in the beginning ... and if get a Earthquake at the middle/end game and I'm be able to destroy 3 it will be too late .. it does nothing to the quantum that the player was getting in the meanwhile ..... so .. the 6x3=18 argument is simply not true ... so the 6 seems too much to put on a deck .. but then again if I don't have 6 of them will not work because I have to be pretty sure about having at least 1 in first hand ... so .. like 3 of them are useful to destroy say 1+2+3=6 or 7 pillars (if lucky) .. and the other 3 are only uselessly occupying deck-slots and are only there for % chances of a somewhat nice hand

2 - the opponent can easily set Enchantment Artifact on a stack of pillars - and is cumulative ! ... the pillars of the same element that come after are untargetable as well ... so ... Earthquake will be completely useless

3 - pillars of different types (even if only 2 different ) will severely ruin any superfast pace earthquakers ...

good tactics - any player can always in the first turn drop only 1 or 2 pillars if he sees a earth-elemental or if he knows that some player are playing with earthquake .. or even if he don't.. and wait 1 turn .. if not destroyed then he can or wait for the necessary quantum to do his game or cumulate non-multiple of 3 in the pile and holding in hand pillars ... holding resources is a tactic very common in other games too ... [when say .. in MTG you are against a white mana deck (because of the Armagedon .. that destroys all lands)]

... holding creatures and shields/weapons was already common .. now we have to think also on holding or not our pillars .. and how many to put in play the necessary for doing the game not less but not exceeding the need to build up .. and is all

Quote Originally Posted by -Samura- View Post
    [when say .. in MTG you are against a white mana deck (because of the Armagedon .. that destroys all lands)]
    Saying a card is okay by comparing it to an MTG card that I believe is banned in most formats...

Edit: Also, the fact that you sound like you're basing this on a pillarless deck that also has the broken card in it seriously casts doubt on you being unbiased about it not being too good.
    Last edited by Bianary; 07-07-2009 at 12:04 AM.

yeah...there are a ton of ways around the dis shield deck after playing it for a day. I was just commenting yesterday about how powerfull i felt it was because there really weren't many decks in the pvp that seemed to work well against it yet. I wasn't getting poisoned at the time because everyone was taking up pillerless or earth decks which were both very easily managed. I doubt i'll stick with this deck long seeing as how the games take a long time and once your set up its pritty boring.
    Last edited by Cooder; 07-07-2009 at 02:11 AM.

Well, not actually. While Armageddon is considered overpowered. The only formats it is banned in are ones where it can't be legal in. Like standard or extended. The other formats are so warped by overpowered cards it doesn't matter. In vintage lands don't even matter much. But, Armageddon is very overpowered, although part of that is due to it being in white, the color of efficient weenies. Not that it would be balanced in another color.

And at samura, the problem is opponents using earthquake in addition to devourer. As then only playing one land at a time wont get you any quantum. And by the time you can rebound, they already have black dragon in play. Most decks can't deal with that. And everyone can't play enchant artifact or quantum pillars.