A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 42 of 96 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

[QUOTE=Bianary;4185547]Just a note Zeta - I feel you can be careful with your pillars if you know you're fighting an earthquake deck, it was just that expecting people to pull earthquakes with single pillars was unrealistic. In your example, you could easily have just dropped 4 and kept 2 in reserve, to get some initial quanta and then have a reserve if you got quaked a couple times.

Ok, even if I did that he would have just Earthquake my last two pillars and would be down to nothing and get screwed. Now let's not forget that I won the toss!!! I first played my 6 Pillars. He played 2 Novas then Earthquaked me. Now I understand that Earthquake has been made more expensive but in later stages when i have 7 Pillars and he has enough Quantums to use 3 Earthquakes. If we look at how many posts we've had on this topic, that alone shows how ridiculous and frustrating this card is.

Also just to get off the topic of Earthquakes for a second. My friend gave me a great idea for the game. We could maybe have a whole new "Legendary" Element with all new cards and pillars but would cost a ton to buy the deck. Zanzarino could put this option in the Metamorphosis section and have it cost per say 20 000 coins (or whatever they're called). You would only be able to play Levels 0-3 with this deck until it became more popular. Just think about it. Make some new cards, new element... It would add some reason for coins after you've set your deck because they're currently just sitting there accumulating.

Tell me what you think?

If you would like to talk privately: psycomike_7@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by -Samura- View Post
    another thing - for what i saw - people are finding that Enchant Artifact can actually immortalize an entire stack of pillars .. so, and if is not a bug, anyone can protect his pillars with Enchant ..
    yeah...this works great against pillar destructor deck...
    I can also say,that earthquakes decks are not extremely strong...
    I began to play dark-earth as soon as earthquake appeared
    my deck is not finally tuned
    (and I am not sure I will stay with it after the increasing of earthquake cost),
    but there are enough decks,which are difficult for me to beat
    Last edited by bot!; 07-08-2009 at 08:36 AM.

Another great idea to switch up Earthquake would be to make it destroy 1 Pillar in a stack per 15 Earth Quantums.

BUGS/ISSUES:

-I put a momentum on a phase dragon, it got lobotimized. the momentum picture disappeared but it could still bypass the dim. shield, so i guess the pic should'nt have disappeared since momentum isnt really an ability

-my opponent tried to steal two bone shields, and it resulted in stealing only one. i thought it should've stacked, since deflaging 2 bone shields destroys two, stealing 2 bone shields should steal two.

-are weapons supposed to bypass armagio? Because armagio is supposed to take all damage inflicted on you, but the owl's eye attack bypassed it. not sure if thats how it works or not

IDEAS: (just for fun lol)

Poison Element

Incarnate (spell): Sacrifice (1) of your skeleton on the field to bring back your last creature in graveyard (i.e. turn skeleton into what died)
    Basilisk, 0/2 stats, gains +1/+0 for every time it get poisoned. Immune to poison (life does not decrease)

Earth Element:

Shrewd: 4/2 stats. Ability: Traphole. Can burrow traphole for enemy opponents (halving their attack, making untargetable) or for own creatures (halving their attack, making untargetable).

Life Element:

Hatchling: 0/6 stats. A cacoon that hatches in 3 turns. Can be damaged (frozen, reverse time, lobotomize etc.). Turns into Aeris.
    Aeris: 9/9 stats. Heals surrounding creatures +1 each turn (not past max health)

Air Element

Flight (spell): Creature cannot be affected by other creature's abilities (cannot be eaten by otyugh, frozen by artic squid). Can still be affected by spells and weapon/shield abilities.

Water Element

Hail Storm (spell): Randomly freezes creatures on field.
    Rain Shower: All Life/Earth creatures get +1/0. All Fire creatures on field get -1/0.

Time Element:
    needs more creatures**
    Primordium: 1/1 stats. Can evolve into next stage. Ability: Evolve (2 cost). Evolves into Palamecium.
    Palamecium: 4/2 stats. Can evolve into next stage. Ability: Evolve (2 cost). Evolves into Avarecium. *Reverse time reverts Palamecium back to Primordium, not back to deck.
    Avarecium: 8/6 stats. *Reverse time reverts Avarecia back to Palamecium, not back to deck.

Dark Element:
    need more creatures**
    Nightmare: 5/3 stats.
    Nightstalker: 4/4 stats. Passive ability: Can dodge abilities/spells 50% (including your own), i.e. dodge blessing, freeze, reverse time, fire bolt etc.
    Last edited by Disaru; 07-08-2009 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    IDEAS: (just for fun lol)

Poison Element

Incarnate (spell): Sacrifice (1) of your skeleton on the field to bring back your last creature in graveyard (i.e. bring skeleton back to life)
    Basilisk, 0/0 stats, gains +1/+0 for every time it get poisoned. Immune to poison (life does not decrease)
    Um, sac a skeleton to bring back a skeleton?? and the basilisk would die first time it attacked as a 1/0... would need to start with 0/1 i think...

Earth Element:

Shrewd: 4/2 stats. Ability: Traphole. Can burrow traphole for enemy opponents (halving their attack, making untargetable) or for own creatures (halving their attack, making untargetable).
    nice!

Life Element:

Hatchling: 0/6 stats. A cacoon that hatches in 3 turns. Can be damaged (frozen, reverse time, lobotomize etc.). Turns into Aeris.
    Aeris: 9/9 stats. Heals surrounding creatures +1 each turn (not past max health)

Air Element

Flight (spell): Creature cannot be affected by other creature's abilities (cannot be eaten by otyugh, frozen by artic squid). Can still be affected by spells and weapon/shield abilities.

Ice Element

Hail Storm (spell): Randomly freezes creatures on field.

Time Element:
    needs more creatures**
    Primordium: 1/1 stats. Can evolve into next stage. Ability: Evolve (2 cost). Evolves into Palamecium.
    Palamecium: 4/2 stats. Can evolve into next stage. Ability: Evolve (2 cost). Evolves into Avarecium. *Reverse time reverts Palamecium back to Primordium, not back to deck.
    Avarecium: 8/6 stats. *Reverse time reverts Avarecia back to Palamecium, not back to deck.

Dark Element:
    need more creatures**
    Nightmare: 5/3 stats.
    Nightstalker: 4/4 stats. Passive ability: Can dodge abilities/spells 50% (including your own), i.e. dodge blessing, freeze, reverse time, fire bolt etc.
    These others look like they aim to make each element more feasible as a "pure" element deck, similar to how Fire and Aether are already...

Overall, good ideas IMO, Disaru!

--rob77dp

Edit:
    Perhaps consider removing ant lion and/or gnome rider also? If the above suggestions or similar changes were made...
    Last edited by rob77dp; 07-08-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Add'l information...

I like the ideas Disaru. I think another good idea would be for a card that could cast mass momentum on random creatures on the field(For both sides to make it not so OP), and for a monster with the ability to cast momentum on another.

Homoness of Dissipation Shield. Doing 29 damage per turn with Fahrenheit.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3808/90007768.jpg

Here's a bug for you zan: After having your Otyguh frozen and it gets out of the freeze status, it can only target your own creatures and not the opponent's. I'm pretty sure people have run into this problem; I'll get a screen up when I can recreate it.

Also, I was wondering if it would be too hard to change the spell mechanics so that after selecting and then canceling an ability, you do not have to pay the quantum cost? I've certainly had my share of 'doh' moments when I choose a spell at the wrong time, just end up using it if I can, and waste precious quantums. Or do you guys think it should just stay the way it is and that I should just stop being hasty when I cast?

I have to say i quite enjoy this game but Emerald shield seems broken It's description of "Spells are reflected against your opponent" is completely false, i get hit with Artic squids freeze, Chryssors Poison, chaos cards, lightning, time reversal, basically every spell i have never seen it actually "Reflect" hope this gets resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Burntoast87 View Post
    Here's a bug for you zan: After having your Otyguh frozen and it gets out of the freeze status, it can only target your own creatures and not the opponent's. I'm pretty sure people have run into this problem; I'll get a screen up when I can recreate it.
    Hm, I never ran into this problem before. That's quite strange O_o.

Quote Originally Posted by Burntoast87 View Post
    Also, I was wondering if it would be too hard to change the spell mechanics so that after selecting and then canceling an ability, you do not have to pay the quantum cost? I've certainly had my share of 'doh' moments when I choose a spell at the wrong time, just end up using it if I can, and waste precious quantums. Or do you guys think it should just stay the way it is and that I should just stop being hasty when I cast?
    Ah, that was intentional. He said it was to deter people from making hasty decisions/mistakes like that XD.

Quote Originally Posted by aj9890 View Post
    I have to say i quite enjoy this game but Emerald shield seems broken It's description of "Spells are reflected against your opponent" is completely false, i get hit with Artic squids freeze, Chryssors Poison, chaos cards, lightning, time reversal, basically every spell i have never seen it actually "Reflect" hope this gets resolved.
    Well technically, most of those aren't spells targeted at you. Arctic Squid's freeze is an ability that targets your creatures; Chrysaora's poison is also an ability; Chaos target your creatures, and same with time reversal; and lightning might have been targeting your creatures. The only cards I can think of that should be reflected are spells like Drain Life and Fire Bolt, if they're targeting your HP. The Poison spell should also be reflected but I'm pretty sure that one isn't for some reason.
    Last edited by icecue7; 07-09-2009 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by icecue7 View Post
    Ah, that was intentional. He said it was to deter people from making hasty decisions/mistakes like that XD.
    I think there's an element of engine limitation there. Like the horrible neutral color cards that you don't get to select which quanta it burns, the game wouldn't know what to refund. Or the virus (It doesn't come back if you sac it then cancel. Which may be a good thing, but it's still a reflection of this)

couple of things here, while disapation shield alone isnt that unfair, disapation shield combined with the lobotomizer if everything has enchanted artifact on it...kinda makes you invincable. mainly cause lobotomizer removes momentum. also i got a couple more ideas for cards

AETHER SPELL: destroys every single quantam on both player's side.

TIME SPELL: resets all creatures to how they would be as if they had just come into play (so a 3/6 otyguh would return as a 0/3, or a frozen and lobotomized 3/4 vulture would return as a 0/1 vulture with scavenger, ect)

woo, awesome uncommon bug

although it is quite unlikely that you will ever get this, it is quite an exploitable bug if you do get it:

basicly, I mutated a firefly and got that horned toad, who can photosynthesise 1 life quatra into 2 life quatra. meaning I could potentially get infinite quatra.

there should be some sort of prevention over mutation flukes like these.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwee View Post
    basicly, I mutated a firefly and got that horned toad, who can photosynthesise 1 life quatra into 2 life quatra. meaning I could potentially get infinite quatra.

there should be some sort of prevention over mutation flukes like these.
    Zanzarino is quite aware of this glitch. But the chance of it happening is so low that it doesnt matter. Sure, it may win you a few games, but it is so rare that is unreliable and negligible.

I understand that eternity has been around for awhile now, but its effect is too powerful. If you use eternity's ability every turn, then you can prevent a player not playing the hourglass from ever drawing a new card. That is extremely powerful. It doesn't matter much currently because the AI is very inconsistent in the use of abilities. If actual player vs. player is implemented, then it will be broken because actual humans can use the card to its full potential. While nerfing is a solution, another solution would be adding drawing effect to more elements. As, just one card for drawing is not much.

EDIT: Also, druid staff needs to be a lot more powerful. It currently is very weak. I would actually consider using a dagger or short sword over it.
    Last edited by Garruk; 07-09-2009 at 01:42 PM.

this could take a while...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stoopid PvP

I've drawn Samura 3 times today. And I've only played for about an hour.

THREE TIMES!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard123 View Post
    I've drawn Samura 3 times today. And I've only played for about an hour.

THREE TIMES!!!!!!
    I've played the same level 3 computer three times in a row. Multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Garruk View Post
    Zanzarino is quite aware of this glitch. But the chance of it happening is so low that it doesnt matter. Sure, it may win you a few games, but it is so rare that is unreliable and negligible.

I understand that eternity has been around for awhile now, but its effect is too powerful. If you use eternity's ability every turn, then you can prevent a player not playing the hourglass from ever drawing a new card. That is extremely powerful. It doesn't matter much currently because the AI is very inconsistent in the use of abilities. If actual player vs. player is implemented, then it will be broken because actual humans can use the card to its full potential. While nerfing is a solution, another solution would be adding drawing effect to more elements. As, just one card for drawing is not much.

EDIT: Also, druid staff needs to be a lot more powerful. It currently is very weak. I would actually consider using a dagger or short sword over it.
    I've played as eternity decks, and its not overpowering. An artic squid, which prevents a card from being used for 3 turns, whereas eternity allows u to play it the turn after. All you have to do is mass-summon all your monsters.

And I agree with druidic staff. It should attack 3 hp, and heal 3 hp for every 10 life quantum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    I've played the same level 3 computer three times in a row. Multiple times.
    Yea I know how that goes. I always am playing the same people on level 4 over and over again. I don't seem to get too much variety most times.