A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 93 of 96 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by turtl3 View Post
    Maybe try experimenting with going aether/earth and capitalizing on the enchant artifact card. The cost of the card is so low that you could merely switch your mark to earth, add no pillars and still be able to use it effectively with a dimensional shield.
    Interesting but I doubt it works, since my shields expire after 3 turns anyway. Unless the 'enchant' card makes it permanent, which is strange but worth a try

The problem is that enchant artifact only lasts for the lifetime of your shield (3 turns max) and doesn't stay when you play a new shield. While being able to enchant your shield at a crucial juncture would be a nice perk, I doubt it would be worth diluting your deck and depriving yourself of quanta from mark of aether. It could be more useful against Seism since you'd only have to protect your stack of pillars once (twice if you have mixed pillars/towers), but on the other hand losing mark of aether hurts a lot unless you manage to draw enchant artifact right away.

Quote Originally Posted by taneugene View Post
    IMO you spread the cards too thin. Might be better to reduce the number of elements, and increase the variety of cards in each element.
    That's one opinion. Personally I rather like the diversity in elements as it helps distinguish this game from other similar TCG types; most of the elements are too limited at present to really be competitive as mono-color decks, sure, but the game as a whole seems to heavily lean more towards combinations of elements. Bear in mind too that it's still a work in progress and that there are going to be more cards coming.

What is the deck you are talking about cisco?

Found a bug.

Heal and Miracle don't reflect off of Emerald Shield (Spells are reflected to your opponent)

Holy light works correctly though.

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    Found a bug.

Heal and Miracle don't reflect off of Emerald Shield (Spells are reflected to your opponent)

Holy light works correctly though.
    I'm not sure that's a bug. Both Heal and Miracle autotarget the caster. Holy Light is manually targetable. I think the reflect aspect of Emerald Shields only works on manually targetable spells.

Quote Originally Posted by markson View Post
    I'm not sure that's a bug. Both Heal and Miracle autotarget the caster. Holy Light is manually targetable. I think the reflect aspect of Emerald Shields only works on manually targetable spells.
    Read the spell description- its supposed to reflects all spells, not just "targetable" ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbalumba View Post
    I think what he is saying is that if you are in the business of selling 'guys' don't do it anymore because the bazaar might buy those 'guys' off you for more money in the future. Haha
    guys = upgraded cards? Otherwise I don't understand this statement.

All cards can now be sold for more than before. The larger the original price, the larger the rise in price. This makes god farming much more profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by markson View Post
    guys = upgraded cards? Otherwise I don't understand this statement.
    Don't worry. I was just joking in reference to an earlier post which stated "don't sell anymore guys". Note the missing comma after anymore.

Bug? Putting it on both forums reguardless. If you freeze one scarab and you have 5 more in play none of them attack on the following turn as if they were all frozen.

Something is missing in the Sundeal cardtext too:

Your creatures are stopped for 2 turns, the enemy only for 1.
    And momentum is able to bypass the stasis.

Both things cant be noticed from the cardtext.

The new time scarab card needs a upgrade.
    Only 1 increase in hp for each card is too low, to e at least equal to otyugh 3 cards should be dropped at the same time.

Is it just me or does everyone cheat at this game?

I played like a dozen pvp games today and 90% of the time when I started winning my opponent would start drawing 3 cards per turn, healing to full health, dropping untargetable cards and/or playing things without paying for them.

Although I still won most of the games (because my deck is that good, not because im cheating like that), even though i know the game glitches sometimes all the weird things that happened were in favor of my opponents, late in the game, when they were losing.

The top 7 all time high scores are obviously hacked in as well.

Would it be possible to implement some kind of simple encryption for messages, or a validity check of actions sent to server, or even just a hash function appended to messages sent dependent on other variables like current amount of quanta, health, round, cards in deck, other cards in hand etc.

Ok, made a mistake with Sundeal there. Momentum dont surpass it, that was a weapon.
    But it still blockes 2 of your attacks and 1 of your opponents.

Sweet! Won a Shard of Divinity

Still no Discord tough

Quote Originally Posted by Drakenclaw View Post
    Ok, made a mistake with Sundeal there. Momentum dont surpass it, that was a weapon.
    But it still blockes 2 of your attacks and 1 of your opponents.
    Weapons are supposed to bypss it and your opponent loses their attack for the turn they play it and for th next turn which = 2 turns total. Your opponent is supposed ot be the first one to attack once sundial's effects are over as well.

Two things...

One that might not necessarily be a bug - a lobotomizer showed up in a level 1 AI deck.

And one that's pretty definitely a bug - Holy Light has a serious targetting issue. If used just right, it heals all your hit points, even better than Miracle does for 1/15th the cost. I bumped into this during a lag pocket, blinked at two +5 messages rising. Tested it the next time the card showed up, got the same. Then late in my next match, I tried it with only a few HP left and got a full heal. Not. Good.

Quote Originally Posted by a nonymous View Post
    Is it just me or does everyone cheat at this game?

I played like a dozen pvp games today and 90% of the time when I started winning my opponent would start drawing 3 cards per turn, healing to full health, dropping untargetable cards and/or playing things without paying for them.
    You most likely played someone using a rainbow(quantum pillar) / hourglass deck. They don't do well in the beginning but once they get enough hour glasses up, they will overwhelm you with the amount of cards they can play.

As for cheating, I think anyone with enough effort could do what he wanted to with the game. The player's deck/score is stored client side, and then submitted to the server after playing a game/buying cards, or when he reconnects.

Unless he has some kind of validation (like comparing the submitted deck with the stored one, did he add 10 rare cards in one submit? win 1000 games?) to the stuff being submitted, one could easily just alter the data being sent to his server.

Dunno how much the security issues have been discussed here.
    Last edited by Flyingcow; 08-17-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Update on the Holy Light bug - when used, it bugs at least one (sometimes several) of the cards in your hand, makng them invisible and unselectable. Except when you have to discard for having 8 cards in your hand (including them), when they become visible as empty outlines with a cost of 3 nothing quantums.

I just found out that the upgraded form of spark is ball lighning. I really enjoy the reference to magic.