A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

I have a question: I've read about the all pillar deck and I've played against pvp decks with seemingly more than the base amount of pillars so how do I get more non-quantum pillars?

I never got to actually try the Beta out and see what the rares were so could people possibly list them and their abilities? Thanks in advance if you do

Quote Originally Posted by Motsum View Post
    I have a question: I've read about the all pillar deck and I've played against pvp decks with seemingly more than the base amount of pillars so how do I get more non-quantum pillars?
    You buy them for 6 electrum at the Bazaar, check under the appropriate element to find them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    I never got to actually try the Beta out and see what the rares were so could people possibly list them and their abilities? Thanks in advance if you do
    Let me see which I can recall from encountering them in combat recently (Names may be wrong, this is going from memory)

Owl's Eye. 5 wind. Deals 5 damage per turn. Pay 2 wind to deal 3 damage to target creature.
    Arsenic (It's a poison weapon): 3 death. 2 damage per turn, 1 poison damage per turn (Poison is cumulative)
    Morning Star: 7 light. Deals 7 damage per turn. Cannot be stolen or destroyed.
    Druidic Staff: Don't know its cost. Deal 2 damage per turn. Heal for up to 3 damage.
    Eternity: 5 time. Deals 4 damage per turn. Pay 3 time to return target creature to owner's deck.
    Pulverizer (I think gravity. Could be earth...): Don't know its cost. Dealt I think 4 damage. Pay to destroy up to 3 pillars in a stack. (Sorry, I haven't even seen this one lately so I can barely recall it)
    Lobotomizer: 4 aether, 5 damage per turn. 3 aether to remove the special ability from target creature.
    (Thanks to kethaq for some corrections and weapons I missed)

There are a few more rares around I think, but that's a decent chunk of the new ones. Hopefully I recalled them correctly. If you play Elder elementals a while (Rank 3) you'll see most of these go by at some point.

Edit: Oh, and a bug - the Forest Spirit's card name appears to be Foresti Spirit.
    Last edited by Bianary; 06-06-2009 at 09:11 PM.

deleted
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-06-2009 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post
    The only other one I can remember is the Lobotomizer(Aether), I think it was 5 damage and 3 aether to remove any creatures special ability. Probably cost 5 aether to use. I'll verify if I come across it again. It did not appear in the bazaar even in the beta version.

The green weapon is the druidic staff. Those stats look right to me but I am going off memory too. I not sure if I've seen the gravity/earth weapon yet, or was it the Pulverizer?
    Pulverizer sounds right.

And good call on the Lobotomizer, I'll add it to my list (Just so it's all in one post)

hehe, I just used a mutation and ended up with a virus with 2|1 and gravity pull. I guess that would be micro gravity pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    Pulverizer sounds right.

And good call on the Lobotomizer, I'll add it to my list (Just so it's all in one post)
    The pulverizer was not in the bazaar in the beta version either, since I've only been playing a week I was not sure if it was a new weapon or a old one.

Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post
    The pulverizer was not in the bazaar in the beta version either, since I've only been playing a week I was not sure if it was a new weapon or a old one.
    It wasn't in 0.3 unless no decks had it.

Check these battles out. I fought the same guy twice in a row. and He had almost the same strategy as me.

In the second battle I held off a bit to see how many dragons he could get out. He would have done 121 damage if I let my sheild down.

I won the first battle with 100 health and then I did't spin the wheel
    I won two cards in the second battle because his deck is so specialized.

OK weird, I fought the same guy third time in a row.

I only won one card this time.
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-06-2009 at 08:50 PM.

Weird, I just fought the same guy twice in a row. Even stranger, the guy had "Mark of Fires" instead of "Burning Pillars."

O_o, then the Mark of Fires were in the spinner:

Last edited by icecue7; 06-06-2009 at 10:12 PM.

A few people got rewarded with marks because of the "all pillars deck" bug in the 0.3 version.

I thought about eliminating those cards from the decks, but they behave exactly like pillars, so I just decided to let the thing be, it's just a "rare" version of a pillar.

Quote Originally Posted by icecue7 View Post

O_o, then the Mark of Fires were in the spinner:
    That is weird

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    A few people got rewarded with marks because of the "all pillars deck" bug in the 0.3 version.

I thought about eliminating those cards from the decks, but they behave exactly like pillars, so I just decided to let the thing be, it's just a "rare" version of a pillar.
    Only issue I see is that you can then waste your spin on pillars.

! Rare pillars! I like it. It reminds me of when I was collecting holo land cards or unglued land cards in MTG.

Hi, came across another bug. I think somebody mentioned it before. It has to do with the dimensional sheild not expiring correctly. The AI had a fire shield down then put a dimensional sheild om top of it. the dimensional sheild ticked down as normal (BTW: good add) but when it got to zero it did not disappear. I waited four turns just to be sure it had not played a second dimensional sheild. On the fourth turn I played a deflagration and it finally disappeared, It actually mand a very exciting win as I was down to 2 hp.

On another track I still think it would be very cool to have some medium grade rarity cards that were similar to regular cards but had a 10% chance to do 1 extra damage or something like that. It would make something to strive for other than just a high score. With the deck I have I don't use a weapon, and while I would probably make space for some of the rares if I found them I'd prefer having some slightly upgraded cards of the ones I use or perhaps some way to marginally upgrade them. That's my two cents.

I use a 30 card deck and can usually win by round 5 or 6. Once in a while I win on round 4. I am trying for a 3 round victory, but it would take a lot of luck. I did have a deck for a while with the sole purpose of trying for a 3 round victory but it was too akward most of the time and wasted a lot of resources. Seems like there are some good varied strategies with the new cards. Some of the best I see are:

Aether/Time

I played a bit with this and the best I found was to weight heavily towards Aether with dimensional sheilds and paralell universe backed up by a few anubi and golden hourglasses.
    Weakness: vulnerable to deflagration and freeeze

Death/Darkness

This is the spec I started my first account with. It seems to work well. With a few boneyards and vultures and something to kill the oponents monsters you quickly build up a unstopable mob.
    Weakness. If you come up against a opponent who only plays the most powerful creatures you end up with no fodder to build your mob and end up with lots of quata but not enough cards to use them.

Light/Life/Air

There is a great synergy between firefly queens, fireflies and ruslers, then some powerful green to use all the life quata that you can gererate.
    Weakness: a bit slow to start and vulnerable to mass kills, especially the fireshield. if you can't keep your rustler alive it breaks feedback loop.

Gravity/Light

Utyughs and blessings was my firrst strong deck though I think it is a lot less effective now with the changes in the new version, Still a formidable deck though.

Gravity/Death

Use viruses and plauge to weaken any stonger enemies until your Utyugh(s) can eat them

Fire Deck

Ubiquitous, It may even be a bit stronger with the new rain of fire card. I don't think it is thge strogest build available though. I'd say only worthwhile if you manage to obtain the fahrenheit weapon.

Pilarless generalist

My current favorite. A very quick starter. Keep a slim deck with six novas. And lots of variety so you can use all the quanta the novas generate. I keep a majority of creatures and just enough control cards to insure I can keep building. But there are lots of possibilities.

Water/Death

Focus on Poison and control. Poison is slow but very few players counter for it so if you can keep them controlled for long enough with freeze.

Aditionally I think the mutation card has got some nice possibilities but I have yet to work out a really strong strategy with it. It's got a lot of flexibility since you can use it to beef up you own weak creatures or to soften up the really tough ones of your opponent.

A lot of this stuff I have culled from various peoples comments on these forums so thanks to you all who have posted (and sorry because I can't remember exactly what I got from who)
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-07-2009 at 12:49 AM.

I love this game! The only problem is that I found a hugeeeeeeeee bug.

I initially found this game on mofunzone, and built a strong deck on that site. When I found it on kongregate/the actual elements website, the ver.4 deck was not updated from my ver.3 deck on monfunzone, so it had some but not all cards I bought. So I'm missing probably 1000-coins worth of cards on kongregate, but I can still access it on mofunzone. Can this problem be fixed?

*BUG*

I played a game where the other player ran out of cards and the game ended on his turn without a new card to draw. I got a blank box that says 'You Won' at the top.

Edit: When I hit the menu button my three spins came up.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    @samura

I changed the system that stores the saved data in the database, now you should be able to save up to 16,000 cards, which is probably more than my flash program can handle anyway.

Do some shopping and let me know if your account is saving
    Just did some shopping and fights and

yes - is all working smoothly well

btw, the AI are much better now! ^^

ps - hehe.. indeed 16k cards is way far! for me I think I didn't even had reached the 900 if I had sell the copies above 6 that I was gaining in battles... like my 73 Crimson Dragon or my 83 Nova's and 50 Fire Bolts .. but I got lazy on selling them lol ...

@Disaru

That happens when you are playing when you play two versions at the same time, so that on the temporary internet files files from the old version get mixed with files from the new one.

I am going to fix your 0.4 account, try to stick to one version and you should be fine

(if you want to be 100% sure just clean the temporary internet file BEFORE loading a 0.4 version)

Rogue seems to be cheating again. He has 3 accounts in the top 50 (2nd, 3rd, 4th). Also, xxshinobixx has two (7th, 8th) but he could be legit.

EDIT: I also experienced the glitch with Dimensional Shield. The computer played one the turn before I played one, and after mine ran out his was still there with 0 turns left. He did not play another one over it, so that wasn't the problem. His shield lasted another 3-4 turns before it ran out... and then he played a new one. :s
    Last edited by icecue7; 06-07-2009 at 10:44 AM.