dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 14 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

  1. #261
    Zirak found a way to automatically win games...
    or to inject data into my database...
    or something else.

    So he thought it was fun and submitted his score 25 times into the highscore table using different nicknames.

    I banned his I.P.

  2. #262
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    60
    For level 4, are we facing actual ppl or facing a computer using ppl's decks? lol stupid question, but it sounds like "challenge the deck of a person" sounds like vs. computer

  3. #263
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    For level 4, are we facing actual ppl or facing a computer using ppl's decks? lol stupid question, but it sounds like "challenge the deck of a person" sounds like vs. computer
    It's versus a computer, plans are in the work for versus people but it's unknown when/if they'll be successfully implemented (Concerns of making them cheat-proof and such)

  4. #264
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    No problem.

    @ kethaq:
    It is possible that you was playing against him in the very moment I was deleting his account. Anyway, if you guys suddenly win a game for no reason it's a good idea to avoid spinning the wheel
    OK, will do

    Edit: It seems like I am good at pushing the boundaries of your game. I've been buying up all the different types of cards just for the sake of it. When I look at all my cards, I can't see half my Aether cards because I have more types of cards than can be displayed on the screen. It's certainly not a major issue because I can get to the cards by clicking the aether tab but I thought it was worth a mention.
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-08-2009 at 02:09 AM.

  5. #265
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2
    I just started playing 3-4 days ago(very addictive!) and ive won 25+ cards from spinning but not a rare card yet which is frustrating. I know you said you don't want them in the bazaar because they are called rare cards for a reason and that you wont to preserve the longevity/replay value of the game. You should make them available through the bazaar for a steep price, it will keep the replay value alive while giving beginner/intermediate players an actual goal to work for. I don't know what would be a fair price but based on how much money i have been making per game i would say 2000-2500 maybe more since i know all of your top 50 players probably have over 5000 money(dont know what the currency is called).

  6. #266
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged91 View Post
    ive won 25+ cards from spinning but not a rare card yet which is frustrating. I know you said you don't want them in the bazaar because they are called rare cards for a reason and that you wont to preserve the longevity/replay value of the game. You should make them available through the bazaar for a steep price
    I agreed with you at first too, but I have played like 700 games now and only won 1 rare vampire stilleto. But I don't use it in my deck because I make better use of the quantums elsewhere. For me I'd the choice comes down to would I rather have two lycans or the stilleto and I go with the lycans. I actually don't think I would use any of the rares except maybe the druid staff, and that only because I have rustlers/fireflies in my deck that create light quanta and then comvert them to life at 2 to 1 while doing damage.

    What I realized is it is very possible to make a very strong deck without any rares. Like I said they would just slow my strategy down at this point.
    I started out this new version of the game with a deck that just did rapid damage but I have been slowly adding more defensive cards until I am about a even balance now between attacking cards and defending cards. Since I don't use any pillars most of the rares are just too expensive. I did recently decide to start using the dagger because it costs nothing to play so even on those rare occasions where I get no novas on the draw I can still play the dagger if it comes up.

    I keep a wide variety of cards so I can pretty easilly get a win even if I only have two novas come up the entire game which is unlikely because I keep my deck down to 30 cards. The only time I have ever run out of cards was when I was experimenting with a lot of time cards and using the golden hourglass a lot.

    Anyway back to your comment, I enjoyed experimeting with the rares on the beta test but they don't create the strongest decks, and I do agree that I would like to see some way of slowly improving your deck more than what is just available from the bazaar. But I leave that up to zanzarino who has done a pretty excelent job of creating a great game so far.

    Good luck.
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-08-2009 at 04:08 AM.

  7. #267
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2
    Here are my several unhappiness:
    1. Anubis is way too unbalanced. Usually i encounter him when i fight level 3 time decks. Most of the time, opponent summons Anubis, and straight away uses 1-2 parallel universe, which ends up in like 3 Anubis. I cant possibly kill all 3 Anubis in 1 turn, and the next turn, all of them are immortals. Zzz. I know it might be hard to get the 5 aether to use parallel universe and 2 aether to use the immortality spell. BUT, the AI always have pillars for any element they use, so that's not a problem for them. So...can anyone explain to me how is this not counted as unbalanced? I was thinking of maybe the immortality spell must be cast every turn with the same cost of 2 aether runes, that should help more or less.

    2. Er, i am sure this is only not me. The chysaora's poison is really annoying for its low summon cost and low spell cost.

    3. The foresti spirit is overpowered in my opinion. 1 water rune for +2/+2? the fire spirit is only +2/+0 for 1 fire rune. +2 for both attack and defence is a little unbalanced.

    4. I don't know why, but Death deck has the best synergy in terms of its own deck without including other elements. Vulture-Boneyard-Virus-Plague, probably throw in a few sparks to boost the vulture...

    5. Lastly, the RARE weapons are SUPER DUPER OVERPOWERED. I know that is because they are rare. Just ranting, the bow thingy, that deals 5 damage and is able to shoot an arrow to deal 3 damage to monster is like godly?

    OKAY PEACE

  8. #268
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by KC. View Post
    Here are my several unhappiness:
    OKAY PEACE

    I know it seems like everything is overpowered but keep on playing for a couple more days and improve you own deck... You opponents will suddenly seem much more easy...

  9. #269
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2
    Er, can someone like just briefly suggest how can i improve my deck?
    My deck is rather hybrid. But my main is fire.
    2 quantum pillar
    1 hammer
    2 nova
    2 heal
    2 lightning
    6 burning pillar
    2 ash eater
    1 fire spirit
    1 fire dragon
    3 fire bolt
    2 deflagration
    1 fire shield
    1 rain of fire
    1 purify
    1 parasite
    1 blessing
    1 time factory
    2 fate eggs

    i know its rather lousy

  10. #270
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16
    You basically need (less cards and) better cards... Though "better" means something else for everyone. Just play as much as you can and try to figure our you own strategy... Try and focus your cards on 1 or 2 elements and get rid of the ones you never use or you do use but aren't really useful...

  11. #271
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5

    possible weapon cards?

    ok i've read all the posts and this is my first after playing the game for a week...

    my thoughts are you have 3 basic weapons in the "others" catagory in the bazarr but none of the elemental weapons, do you plan to add them later with ofcourse higher prices more like the dragon prices to make it a harder choice which to choose? just an idea and its up to you if you want to add it, love the new mana lay out, the no blocking feature makes it a good way to learn to keep your eyes not only on your own hp but on the monsters your opponent plays i give it a 5/5 kinda reminds me of Magic the Gathering, used to play that for 5yrs and im liking this better cuz the mana build is better for less room.

    a bug you might want to look at is i used steal on a pillar or two of my opponents to start builing mana of that, and if i used it on a stack of their they ended up making a whole new pillar space its happened to me when i played against the dark element just thought you might want to take a look at it (ps i think this is my longest post ever on a game ><)

  12. #272
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by KC. View Post
    Er, can someone like just briefly suggest how can i improve my deck?
    My deck is rather hybrid. But my main is fire.
    2 quantum pillar
    1 hammer
    2 nova
    2 heal
    2 lightning
    6 burning pillar
    2 ash eater
    1 fire spirit
    1 fire dragon
    3 fire bolt
    2 deflagration
    1 fire shield
    1 rain of fire
    1 purify
    1 parasite
    1 blessing
    1 time factory
    2 fate eggs

    i know its rather lousy
    ok one thing i noticed is a goo idea with any deck (preferrably any that can deal dmg to other monsters like nothing) get a few bone pillars and boneyards, then as you destroy enemy monsters you end up building your own army, one problem i did notice tho is if a skeleton dies you dont get more monsters which is ok when you have 2 boneyards on the field and you kill off a deja`vu with poison (2 monsters dead 4 skeletons spawn) tho this probably works better with your dark and death combo's, but moreover any that deal dmg to monsters

  13. #273
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by KC. View Post
    Er, can someone like just briefly suggest how can i improve my deck?
    (
    | don't think it that bad. it a good start anyway.

    here are my thoughts.

    unless you are a gravity deck the hammer is a waste. You get the same damage from the sword and it costs 1 quata instead of 2. I use the dagger myself (instead of the vampire stilletto which i have) because it costs nothing and I use only nova's with cards carefully selected to use all the different quantum so using the sword often blocks me from using some other card.

    I think pillars are only viable if you use only 1 or two colors. That said I would get rid of the quantum pillars and the time factory and get some more novas. I started the game with a gravity/light deck and almost half pillars. It worked well in the old version when Otyughs only cost two quantum. But with them costing three and all the other good strategies available now. It bacame a lot harder to use.

    IMO the lycan is still the most powerful attacking card in the game, All I need to get in one nova on the draw and I can get a lycan out with 6|6 by round two. Though, with the new cards, the forest spirit, the graboid and the firefly queen all come close. Thier disadvantage is that they are more expensive. For controll cards freeze, reverse time and deflagration are all cheap and powerful.

    Hope this helps. It's all about getting the right balance of cards not necessarily the strongest. The cards in my deck have a average cost under 40 and there are no pillars so the cheapest card I have is the dagger at 24. I win close to 90% of the time in PvP. The only decks that give me trouble are ones similar to mine and the time/etenity decks if they can get enough reverse times and dimensioal sheilds.

  14. #274
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5
    oh possibly another idea is the ability to trade cards between players, somthing like an ingame multiplayer auctionhouse but instead of card-coin trades could include card-card trades

  15. #275
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by canis_lupus View Post
    ok one thing i noticed is a goo idea with any deck (preferrably any that can deal dmg to other monsters like nothing) get a few bone pillars and boneyards, then as you destroy enemy monsters you end up building your own army, one problem i did notice tho is if a skeleton dies you dont get more monsters which is ok when you have 2 boneyards on the field and you kill off a deja`vu with poison (2 monsters dead 4 skeletons spawn) tho this probably works better with your dark and death combo's, but moreover any that deal dmg to monsters
    Serious drawback to the death mob are the thunderstorm, rain of fire or plauge cards. The othe problem is once your opponent gets a sheild up your skeletons do no damage. If you have the nightfall card it helps but can still be stoped but the earth sheild that blocks 2 damage. I tried that stat for a while but found it to be too slow and vulnerable.

    As I mob strategy I think the firefly queen and rustler strategy works better and is less dependant on what your opponent does.

    firefly queen make fireflies, cost life
    fireflies make light
    ruslter convers light to life to make more filreflies

    The weakpiont in the chain is the rusler who dies really easily so you have to have some way of keeping the rusler alive. When I was doing this I also threw in some emerald dragons to soak up the ridiculous ammout of life quantum it is possible to generate.

  16. #276
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by KC. View Post
    Here are my several unhappiness:
    1. Anubis is way too unbalanced. Usually i encounter him when i fight level 3 time decks. Most of the time, opponent summons Anubis, and straight away uses 1-2 parallel universe, which ends up in like 3 Anubis. I cant possibly kill all 3 Anubis in 1 turn, and the next turn, all of them are immortals. Zzz. I know it might be hard to get the 5 aether to use parallel universe and 2 aether to use the immortality spell. BUT, the AI always have pillars for any element they use, so that's not a problem for them. So...can anyone explain to me how is this not counted as unbalanced? I was thinking of maybe the immortality spell must be cast every turn with the same cost of 2 aether runes, that should help more or less.

    2. Er, i am sure this is only not me. The chysaora's poison is really annoying for its low summon cost and low spell cost.

    3. The foresti spirit is overpowered in my opinion. 1 water rune for +2/+2? the fire spirit is only +2/+0 for 1 fire rune. +2 for both attack and defence is a little unbalanced.

    4. I don't know why, but Death deck has the best synergy in terms of its own deck without including other elements. Vulture-Boneyard-Virus-Plague, probably throw in a few sparks to boost the vulture...

    5. Lastly, the RARE weapons are SUPER DUPER OVERPOWERED. I know that is because they are rare. Just ranting, the bow thingy, that deals 5 damage and is able to shoot an arrow to deal 3 damage to monster is like godly?

    OKAY PEACE
    I disagree about the anubis and the rare weapons, if anything I think they would need to be even more powerful to be competetive.

    Yes, chysora is a great card and many of the strongest PvP decks rely on it heavily. I or two purify cards in your deck almost completely nullify it though. I don't use them but I did recently put a purify in my deck to combat them because you see a lot of them in the hardest PvP decks. In one of my first games with the purify I won a game that I would have lost without purify.

    Forest spirit is also a very strong card.

    Death seems like it should be a strong suit but I found it to be a bit slow and too dependant on what your opponent does.

  17. #277
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post
    I agreed with you at first too, but I have played like 700 games now and only won 1 rare vampire stilleto. But I don't use it in my deck because I make better use of the quantums elsewhere. For me I'd the choice comes down to would I rather have two lycans or the stilleto and I go with the lycans. I actually don't think I would use any of the rares except maybe the druid staff, and that only because I have rustlers/fireflies in my deck that create light quanta and then comvert them to life at 2 to 1 while doing damage.
    What you're missing is if you had the ability to put in rare weapons to get them to spawn reliably, and/or combined them with flying weapon...

    Say things like multiple Eternity (Even one will screw your opponent - you just keep putting their creatures back on the deck as soon as they summon, before they can use that creature's ability, and they're stuck forever re-drawing the same creature while you whittle them down.) or multiple Morning Stars (7 damage immortal creatures, nothing will stop you from getting them out except energy denial) could be quite effective and hard to counter. Multiple pulverizers combined with devourers to eat the energy they do get would also likely starve a deck to death fast. However, with only one of each in a deck you won't really see this strength, it takes multiple copies to become good - and the current rare acquisition method makes that extremely hard to gather.

    Now, the vampire stiletto and fairenheit (The original rare weapons, and the one you use most often as your example of why rares aren't worth it) are weak compared to many other strategies. But some of the new ones are brutal and can make some insane combos.

  18. #278
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5
    I found another minor bug. If you highlight a Mark of Air it says it is a "Mark of Ait".

  19. #279
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    People keep asking about the rare weapons. I think in practice they are not nearly as powerful as they appear. In order to use them effectively you would have to invest heavily in pillars of the appropriate element which would slow down the rest of your development. If there were more rares out there I think it would actually stregthen my strategy.

    It would be interesting to see how in played out in practice though. I also realizing that my strategy is very tailored to how the AI plays. For example I expoit the fact that the AI always attacks the strongest creature. I think I would have to make some adjustments if/when true PvP comes along.

  20. #280
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    What you're missing is if you had the ability to put in rare weapons to get them to spawn reliably, and/or combined them with flying weapon...
    .
    I think you would have to really try it out practically to see if it worked. My general feeling thoug is they are sltill to expensive and slow to be viable. A couple of defrags would stymie most of the weapons and the Morning Star would just cost too much. I did try a strategy with several of the rares and flying weapon in the beta version. The problem I found was two cards to get a decent weapon out and flying was too expensive (in cards).

    As I said it would be interesting to see though, I have been surprised by both strategies which I thought would work and didn't (like blessing and dive combo) and by trying out things I thought only had a small chance of being successful and then turned out to be very powerful (like blessing and parallel universe on a deja vu)

    I can imagine a strategy with eternity and the lobotomizer. I was playing a eternity time deck for a bit. I might go back to experimenting with that spec for real PvP play. I found with the ability to drawn cards quickly I could keep dimentional sheilds up pretty constantly. The drawback was it gave my opponent time to build up a really big mob and then even one defrag was devastating. In one of my earlier post I put up a screenshot whet the AI had 11 Azure dragons out. but the reall stopper was it developed slowly so it gave water decks time to develop enough to keep all my creatures perpetually frozen. (Actually what I did like is that immortality nullifies freeze even if the creature was already frozen so id does give some way of combatting to freeze decks. If there was a card instead of just a special that granted immortality it would have been a totally viable strategy.

    Anyway I like that there is enough depth to the strategy that there are things to think about. (Like getting a fahreheit flying weapon and making it immortal then you just have to survive long enough to let the fire quantums build up)
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-08-2009 at 02:22 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center