dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

  1. #281
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post
    I think you would have to really try it out practically to see if it worked. My general feeling thoug is they are sltill to expensive and slow to be viable. A couple of defrags would stymie most of the weapons and the Morning Star would just cost too much. I did try a strategy with several of the rares and flying weapon in the beta version. The problem I found was two cards to get a decent weapon out and flying was too expensive (in cards).
    You'd start with Reverse Time to slow the enemy's draws down to give you time to get the lockdown in place with Eternity. If they didn't start with a defrag, you'd hugely reduce their chances of getting one -- and if they did land it, you'd just replace the lost Eternity with another and continue putting their creatures back.

    Same goes for the energy denial strategy, except you'd just block them from getting anything out in the first place.

    Perfect? No. But it would have pretty good chances if the rest of the deck was built to work with it.

    Plus some of the immortality setups may be a bit too good, I'm rather hoping something will be done about the strategy. Nova also is a bit too good - as evidenced by the huge number of viable decks that have no pillars at all and just fuel their cards by Novas.
    Last edited by Bianary; 06-08-2009 at 02:05 PM.

  2. #282
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Of course If you did manage to find a rare there would be ways to expliot the spinner to get more copies of it. buy putting only that weapon in a deck and then using another account to play PvP until you fought the deck with only the rare weapon in it. but I would say that that would be cheating, certainly in spirit if not by the letter of the rules.
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-08-2009 at 02:55 PM.

  3. #283
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post

    Hope this helps. It's all about getting the right balance of cards not necessarily the strongest. The cards in my deck have a average cost under 40 and there are no pillars so the cheapest card I have is the dagger at 24. I win close to 90% of the time in PvP. The only decks that give me trouble are ones similar to mine and the time/etenity decks if they can get enough reverse times and dimensioal sheilds.
    Oh you mean like my deck hehe. Yea I've found that the nova decks are actually the easiest for me to beat because of the way my deck is set up. I reverse time you or lightning you so that your creature is gone and I use one of many dimensional shields to wait it out while I use golden hourglass to get my dragons and parallel universes out.

    On another note...

    That would have hurt A LOT if it weren't for my dimensional shields.

  4. #284
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    it's a hard balance to make. the pillarless deck does seem to be the strongest right now. It's what I use. It's a quick start but a linear progresion while pillar decks grow exponentially. If I don't get a nova out in the first few rounds I pretty much lose to anyone with a decent strategy. That's what makes the game interesting though.

  5. #285
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    Oh you mean like my deck hehe. Yea I've found that the nova decks are actually the easiest for me to beat because of the way my deck is set up. I reverse time you or lightning you so that your creature is gone and I use one of many dimensional shields to wait it out while I use golden hourglass to get my dragons and parallel universes out.
    See this is where we need true PvP to see which of the strategies would actually work best because The AI doesn't always exploit the decks to the best of thier ability.

    Are you in the top 50? I would like to try my deck against yours.
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-08-2009 at 02:56 PM.

  6. #286
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post
    Of course If you did manage to find a rare there would be ways to expliot the spinner to get more coppies of it. buy putting only that weapon in a deck and then using another account to play PvP until you fought the deck with only the rare weapon in it. but I would say that that would be cheating, certainly in spirit if not by the letter of the rules.
    You could even just build a deck and then play until you fought yourself, it would just come down to flipping a coin to see who won...decent odds for duplicating the weapon.

    You can fight yourself, I have a screenshot of it...

  7. #287
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    You could even just build a deck and then play until you fought yourself, it would just come down to flipping a coin to see who won...decent odds for duplicating the weapon.

    You can fight yourself, I have a screenshot of it...
    Yeah I thought about that too but you might knock yourself out of the top 50 by losing all those other matches. I'n not sure how that works though. I played on the beta and when I lost a lot and resubmitted a lower score It kept my (old) higher score on the high score list.

    incidentally I have a 2-1 record against myself.

  8. #288
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    92
    Not quite in the top 50, my experimenting until I got to this deck cost me quite a few losses because I'm almost always trying to get a better deck. The only decks I personally have trouble with are the firefly/queen/rustler combos and occasionally the poisons if I don't get a decent draw to keep the chrysaora's from using their abilities. I think the aether rare(can't remember what its called) would be a very effective weapon because it allows you to remove the ability of a creature. Since a lot of decks are dependent on creature abilties this could prove a very nice defensive strategy.

  9. #289
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    OK, I just won the owl's eye (and I use mark of Air). I put it in my deck just to experiment. I lost my first match pretty devastatingly because It was stolen which is another serious drawback to using really powerful cards. I think It would have been a close match without the cursed owl's eye.

    For the same five light quanta I could have played a firefly queen and the freeze card that I took out to put the owls eye in.

    I've taken it out of my deck and I won't put it back in unless I significantly change my strategy.

  10. #290
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    Not quite in the top 50, my experimenting until I got to this deck cost me quite a few losses because I'm almost always trying to get a better deck. The only decks I personally have trouble with are the firefly/queen/rustler combos and occasionally the poisons if I don't get a decent draw to keep the chrysaora's from using their abilities. I think the aether rare(can't remember what its called) would be a very effective weapon because it allows you to remove the ability of a creature. Since a lot of decks are dependent on creature abilties this could prove a very nice defensive strategy.
    Yes I fought a deck with the lobotomizer in it and it slowed me down a bit but I still won.

    I use a nova deck with mark of air and the firefly rusler combo is one of my chief offences. which is why I chose mark of air.

    Throw a purify in your deck and it makes the poison decks significantly easier to beat and I think there are enough of them around to make it worthwhile especially if you are playing a time deck and can afford to have more than 30 cards. Even with 30 cards I keep 1 purify. (and a few poison cards)

    I think the Aether time combo is pretty strong. I had some success with a deck like that witha mark of time but cards weighted to the Aether side. Too many hourglasses and you risk running out of cards.
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-08-2009 at 03:33 PM.

  11. #291
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    The only decks I personally have trouble with are the firefly/queen/rustler combos and occasionally the poisons
    Let me know how you do against my deck if you come up against it. I'm quite happy with it. I'm tempted to post it but I don't want to completely give away my strategy. I've put a lot of thought into getting just the right balance. I'm still tweaking it a bit too depending on what I see in the majority of the other decks. But it's not all that expensive. 1135 electrum when I add averything up.

    A significant difference to how I play compared to the AI is I will hold off on my defrags if I am pling someone who I suspect or know has multiple dimensional sheilds. it becomes a interesting guessing game then. Do I hold off until I can go for the one shot kill or take a chance earlier and hope the opponent can't get another sheild up.

    Iv'e had a couple of wins where I get the guy close to dying but couldn't keep his shield down so I had to wait for my poison to slowly take off those last few hp.
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-08-2009 at 03:55 PM.

  12. #292
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    92
    yea but to put in a purify I would have to put a nova in there and two cards for a deck that I can still do well against as long as I either get a good fast draw or some reverse times and/or lightnings it just feels that it might slow me down because every card in my deck has a purpose even though I have quite a bit larger deck than many others

  13. #293
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    92
    Actually I've gone up against your deck before and beat it pretty easily (granted I had a good draw to really just keep you at bay until I got what I wanted out). Really when i go against you and samura both I tend to do very well against your style of decks. Some decks just tend to have a deck that they do very well against and some that they do bad against. Thats the beauty of this game, there's almost always a counter strategy to every strategy.

  14. #294
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    yea but to put in a purify I would have to put a nova in there and two cards for a deck that I can still do well against as long as I either get a good fast draw or some reverse times and/or lightnings it just feels that it might slow me down because every card in my deck has a purpose even though I have quite a bit larger deck than many others
    Yeah, nevermind it was probably not the best suggestion I was thinking from the point of view of my deck where I always have a few of every type of quanta available.

  15. #295
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5

    Smile

    welp all in all basically its all based on strategy and experience, this game is close enough to the game magic the gathering that i can take my experience from that and just build decks off my real cards, like my elf/rat decks in magic just keep building numbers with my death/dark deck on elements

  16. #296
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by canis_lupus View Post
    welp all in all basically its all based on strategy and experience, this game is close enough to the game magic the gathering that i can take my experience from that and just build decks off my real cards, like my elf/rat decks in magic just keep building numbers with my death/dark deck on elements
    Hehe, I'll take three of my dragons vs 30 of your skeletons any day. I personally think that the boneyard vulture nightfall combo is pretty ineffective because it akes too much time for what it does compared to the other strategies on here. I could easily summon a devonian and two parallel universes before you got of enough of your mob to do any real damage with it and by the time you did I'd at least have one of my dimensional shields in my hand ready to use.

  17. #297
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    Hehe, I'll take three of my dragons vs 30 of your skeletons any day. I personally think that the boneyard vulture nightfall combo is pretty ineffective because it akes too much time for what it does compared to the other strategies on here. I could easily summon a devonian and two parallel universes before you got of enough of your mob to do any real damage with it and by the time you did I'd at least have one of my dimensional shields in my hand ready to use.
    like i said its all experience, and i can easily take out all 3 of your dragons with lighting

  18. #298
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by canis_lupus View Post
    like i said its all experience, and i can easily take out all 3 of your dragons with lighting
    And your all skeletons could be taken out easily as well with Plague or Rain of Fire, or just rendered useless with a shield that prevents 1 damage.

    I agree with DarkGate. The combo's with Boneyard are too slow compared to other strategies and can be easily countered. In a real PvP match, I don't think it would do very well but against computers? I suppose it could.

  19. #299
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by icecue7 View Post
    And your all skeletons could be taken out easily as well with Plague or Rain of Fire, or just rendered useless with a shield that prevents 1 damage.

    I agree with DarkGate. The combo's with Boneyard are too slow compared to other strategies and can be easily countered. In a real PvP match, I don't think it would do very well but against computers? I suppose it could.
    You can try Nightfall, with 30 Skeletons that's another 30 damage :P But I agree, I never liked the boneyard combo.

    I've been experimenting with multiple hybrid decks, but I've settled with an all-Aether deck. The nova deck's effectiveness depends on if you can get a nova first turn (decent chances with 30 cards), but even then an early otyugh would kill most monsters in a nova deck. I tried Aether/fire, Aether/life, Aether/time, and Aether/entropy, and I don't like the wait for 2 types of pillars. But I'll keep experimenting...

  20. #300
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    92
    I'll usually at least get 1 of each pillar in the beginning and a golden hourglass so that allows me to get a lot of pillars quickly so I can summon a dragon and use my combos with it. Other strategies may work better but out of the ones I've gone through time/aether is my favorite because it allows me to have a larger deck as well

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center