dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 20 of 96 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

  1. #381
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    20
    The other don't have Nova whatsoever and can defeat Novas as well
    I don't believe that

    Care to hint at what this super-deck's combo is?

    The only potential weakness of Nova decks that I can see, is that creatures are often cast in groups. On your first turn for instance, if get a great hand you can play 1-2 Novas followed by four or even five creatures. In the mid-game, you often have a "dead hand" of 3 or 4 creatures you can't summon, then you draw a Nova and summon them all on the same turn.

    I would look for cards that affect a lot of creatures at once:

    Thunderstorm deals 1 damage to each creature.
    Rain of Fire is like Thunderstorm x3.
    Plague is a mass infection.
    Fire Shield deals out the same effect basically.
    Gravity Shield is a mass freeze for big creatures.
    Dimensional Shield is a mass freeze for all creatures.
    Ice Shield can freeze lots of creatures.
    Procrastination Shield forces 50% freeze.

    etc.

    I know using Nova-Air I have often seen the computer play two Lycanthropes and a Rustler, then I wiped them out with a Thunderstorm

    What I really, really, really doubt is that a deck built around mass effects (probably a Fire-Death deck) would be FAST enough to beat Nova without using Nova itself.

  2. #382
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    20
    And just because you can beat computer-played Nova decks doesn't mean the deck's actually better...

    I've played Kethaq's deck 10x or so now and I beat it each time... and I'm sure K's a better player than me.... although why you put Ash Eaters in your deck is just beyond me

  3. #383
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16
    this is the picture



    u can c that my score, win and lose point got reseted... the only thing that remain the same was my gold coin

    anything u can do with this zanzarino?

  4. #384
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by -Manwe- View Post
    And just because you can beat computer-played Nova decks doesn't mean the deck's actually better...

    I've played Kethaq's deck 10x or so now and I beat it each time... and I'm sure K's a better player than me.... although why you put Ash Eaters in your deck is just beyond me
    Thanks for the compliment. I'm not sure if it is deserved though. We all just build the best deck we can and take our chances. It's mostly just trial and error. You have ab idea for a stategy try it out and see how effective it actually is. I am constatntly playing with different decks. One of the strategies I was trying was to just have all creatures, atempting to get ouit more creatures thab the opponent could control. by that stategy it is better to have a ash eater that was in play than a lycan (or anything else( that was stuck in my deck. Rhe ash eater certainly isn't one of the best cards in the game but it is reasonably efficient. 2 damage for 1 quanta ain't bad. But most often I have 1 or 2 deflag's in there instead. For a while I was trying to build a deck that could consistently beat the lvl 3 AI with 100 health. I figured it would be faster to increase score if I could do that and win 40 pints somewhat consistently. But I found I could only get the pefect victory about 1 in 10 which is not really enough to make it worthwhile.Anyway it keeps the game interesting.

  5. #385
    @ziter:
    I rolled your account back to the first available backup, I left your decks, and money untouched, since they seem to be fine.

    For everything else...
    I will complete soon a patch to re-balance the game, it will PROBABLY have:

    Option 1:
    Nova's HP cost is removed but it will give only 1 quantum for each element instead of 2.

    Option 2:
    Nova effect is not changed but it will cost 1 random (generic) quantum.


    Plus...

    Immolation is a new card that offers an alternative/combo for nova, it is going to be a fire card, no cost: sacrifice one creature to gain 5 fire quantums + 1 quantum for each other element.

    Miracle is a new RARE light card, cost 12 (light): completely heal yourself (back to 100hp), consumes all the light quantums left.

    Reduced cost for most shields and some of the rare weapons (too slow right now)

  6. #386
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    Option 1:
    Nova's HP cost is removed but it will give only 1 quantum for each element instead of 2.

    Option 2:
    Nova effect is not changed but it will cost 1 random (generic) quantum.


    Plus...

    Immolation is a new card that offers an alternative/combo for nova, it is going to be a fire card, no cost: sacrifice one creature to gain 5 fire quantums + 1 quantum for each other element.

    Miracle is a new RARE light card, cost 12 (light): completely heal yourself (back to 100hp), consumes all the light quantums left.

    Reduced cost for most shields and some of the rare weapons (too slow right now)
    Sounds interesting, I look forward to seeing how it all works out. If you go with option 2 on Nova it seems like you should move it to the General tab rather than Entropy (Actually, it seems like that either way).
    Last edited by Bianary; 06-13-2009 at 02:10 PM.

  7. #387
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1

    Hey zanzarino

    I played your game and yes... I love it.
    I am new to it, and I am fully addicted
    I told many people about the game. and just like me, they were hooked.
    However. I have a couple ideas that i wish to run through with you.
    It is on new cards.
    i have ideas that, I believe may make the game more fun.
    Please reply...
    i would like to help you make more ideas to make elements the best online game on the web.
    thank you.

  8. #388
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    65
    ok, I have to agree on modifying Nova - i managed to build again and and set other variants decks without using any Nova - and yes - played like 100 games and is not that is impossible but is just like playing with (huge) handicap ...

    I like those modifications, seems good, I like both of the options for Nova

  9. #389
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    44
    EDIT: Nevermind

  10. #390
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    @ziter:
    I rolled your account back to the first available backup, I left your decks, and money untouched, since they seem to be fine.

    For everything else...
    I will complete soon a patch to re-balance the game, it will PROBABLY have:

    Option 1:
    Nova's HP cost is removed but it will give only 1 quantum for each element instead of 2.

    Option 2:
    Nova effect is not changed but it will cost 1 random (generic) quantum.


    Plus...

    Immolation is a new card that offers an alternative/combo for nova, it is going to be a fire card, no cost: sacrifice one creature to gain 5 fire quantums + 1 quantum for each other element.

    Miracle is a new RARE light card, cost 12 (light): completely heal yourself (back to 100hp), consumes all the light quantums left.

    Reduced cost for most shields and some of the rare weapons (too slow right now)
    Option 2 just offsets the Nova deck by 1 turn, i dont think it will make much impact.

  11. #391
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    Option 1:
    Nova's HP cost is removed but it will give only 1 quantum for each element instead of 2.
    I like this option more, between the two.

    Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    Miracle is a new RARE light card, cost 12 (light): completely heal yourself (back to 100hp), consumes all the light quantums left.
    I can see that being an annoying card, although I think the high cost will balance it fairly well.

    Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    Reduced cost for most shields and some of the rare weapons (too slow right now)
    I'm very interested in seeing how this will affect the gameplay.

  12. #392
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    I will complete soon a patch to re-balance the game
    I like the ideas. My educated guess is that option 1 (reducing nova to 1 quanta each) will be too much of a nerf and option 2 (cost 1 quanta) will be not enough. But I would be more in favour of option 1. I think with option 2 nova decks would still be dominant especially with a few immolates to suplement them. I guess we just have to try and see though. On second thought the posion nova decks could still be very effective with option 1.

    I really like the rare light card, that may change once it gets played against me a few times though! If I managed to get one it could produce a lot of elemental masterwins too. ie. play it your last turn and finish the opponent off.

    Cheaper shields and weapons is a good balance i think.

    I'd still like to see some rare cards that were epic versions of the regular cards with a slight improvement. Maybe an otyugh that starts at 1|3 instead of 0|3 or something like that. It would serve to further differentiate peoples decks but without making them impossible to beat.
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-13-2009 at 04:59 PM.

  13. #393
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11
    I think I just found a bug:

    I had a Dimensional Shield up with 2 turns left on it, and my opponent killed me with a pair of Ice Bolts. =/

  14. #394
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by -Samura- View Post
    ok, I have to agree on modifying Nova - i managed to build again and and set other variants decks without using any Nova - and yes - played like 100 games and is not that is impossible but is just like playing with (huge) handicap ...

    I like those modifications, seems good, I like both of the options for Nova
    Cheers, I appreciate that. That was the conclusion I came to after playing a fair number of non-nova decks too. It was kind of funny I would start with a idea for some other powerfull build and I would do it play a few games tweak it and play a few more. But I kept finding that adding a few novas in would make whetever it was stronger and then a few more and then, hey, I have built a nova deck again.

    I would just like to see a game where you could try out many different strategies and be on roughly equal ground.

  15. #395
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonBlood87 View Post
    I think I just found a bug:

    I had a Dimensional Shield up with 2 turns left on it, and my opponent killed me with a pair of Ice Bolts. =/
    That's not a bug. Dimensional sheild does not protect you from direct damage.It's strong enough as it is don't you think.

  16. #396
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post
    That's not a bug. Dimensional sheild does not protect you from direct damage.It's strong enough as it is don't you think.
    Oh, I thought I read earlier that it protects you from all damage except poison... the description kind of reinforces that, too. My mistake, then.

    And yes, I agree that it is a very powerful card.

  17. #397
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonBlood87 View Post
    Oh, I thought I read earlier that it protects you from all damage except poison... the description kind of reinforces that, too. My mistake, then.

    And yes, I agree that it is a very powerful card.
    It protects from enemy creatures' and weapon damage, most people don't think about direct damage to the opponent via spells (Other than poison) because it's often more useful to destroy the enemy creatures with the spells. So you didn't misread, but it wasn't intentionally misleading either.

  18. #398
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    60
    is the only rare creature artic squid? and why is it the only rare (unable to be bought) one, why not just make it buyable
    Last edited by Disaru; 06-13-2009 at 05:37 PM.

  19. #399
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    20
    Immolation is a new card that offers an alternative/combo for nova, it is going to be a fire card, no cost: sacrifice one creature to gain 5 fire quantums + 1 quantum for each other element.
    This card really makes me want to go back to the account where I won the Fahrenheit.

  20. #400
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by -Manwe- View Post
    This card really makes me want to go back to the account where I won the Fahrenheit.
    I agree I have been hoping to get one of them for some time. I would definitely try out a fire deck if I got one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center