A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

No, it's not a bug. When you spin, you can get the the cards your opponent's deck has minus the pillars (because they are common).

Your deck only has Fire Bolts, therefore it's no wonder you won three times.

hi
    great game! got me hooked for days! i was trying to get on first spot in MochiAds game-rank (i was at 2nd already ^^) but when i come to play again right now i just realized that somebody took all the first 6 spots with impossible scores .. like .. how come there's is like 5 thomas12111 and one dani5000 with impossible scores in just few hours? .. also and olivenkerze wasn't there eider and althought that score is possible i think he is related with the others .. last time i saw the scores the top 1 was at 16k points

i think that only hurts the game and its competitivity ..which is a shame because it is such an awesome game .. please check it out

keep up the good work!

EDIT: Thanks for fixing it.. crazy scores gone ... yeah.. i was wrong about olivenkerze *sorry* .. funny - i just had a fight against his deck right now and it is actually a pretty cool deck
    Last edited by -Samura-; 05-26-2009 at 02:05 AM.

suggestion:

is it possible to add a in game history-log of the games's result?.. like a page with a list with 1+2+(2+2) entries:

name / starting position (first/second) / result (#wins/#losses)[for each position]

..or more simple a 1+2 entries

name / result (#wins/#losses)

, it would make it more visible to see how to improve ..

Great game. Took a while searching to find where this game was being discussed, so I definitely suggest adding a forum on your own webspace.

I think some balance issues still exist, as I run into Fire/Water/Darkness far too often in PvP. They seem to be the dominant builds, on the basis of their shields and spells (direct damage, poison, and permanent removal). The other elements aren't in the same league; most are used in support of these 3 at the very most. I would suggest the following:

Fire: Add 1-2 casting cost to the Crimson Dragon to account for the highest attack in game, and to balance the Fire Bolt spam.

Water: Make another curepoison available besides "Purify", or limit the cumulative compatibility of the Poison spell with the Chrysaora poison ability.

Darkness: Lower the % chance to miss on the Dusk Mantle. There is only one effective way to remove it once in play - Deflagration. Stealing it results in it being stolen back.

Other thoughts:

-The Fate egg can randomly turn into another Fate egg (intended?).

-The Gravity shield may be more useful blocking damage sources with greater than 5 attack.

-The "graveyard" idea to see the card last played by the opponent is important. Early on, it was far too difficult to understand what was happening - especially with Chaos Seed being used by the computer.

-Noticed some non-purchasable cards floating around.

You got one great game on your hands mister (i've already played about 6 hours on it and that is very rare for any online flash game for most people).

My only real complaint about the game is that you never feel like you are really running "Insert Element type deck here". The early/mid game cards could use some fleshing out such as adding more monsters (and monster skills), spells, and permanents to make each element feel more unique.

I know you got alot of work on your hands but all I can say is I'm looking forward(as are my friends) to future versions and keep up the awesome work.

I absolutely love the game so far!
    Just a couple things:
    • Is momentum supposed to protect against all shield effects, such as Fire Shield? Or only those that reduce damage?
    • Does not being able to be "harmed" supposed to include not being able to be the target of spells and abilities? From the wording, it seems like it just isn't able to take damage.

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you so much for all the feedback.

Balancing:
    The game quickly reached 25,000 accounts created, it is much easier now to balance the elements since I can see which strategies are the most popular.

A few ides I have for the next patch:

Light - Reflective shield: Has a chance to reflect spell damage back to the caster (will create a counter-strategy against fire bolt spamming etc.)

Earth - Earthquake: Destroys ALL the same-element pillars targeted.
    (Incentive to create multiple elements decks, improves earth element)

Gravity - Meteor impact (Rare): Inflict X damage to the opponent, X in the number of fire quantums, all fire quantums are consumed.
    (Gives a nice "finishing move" for the gravity decks)

Life - Regeneration: The creature gains back 1HP (if wounded) at the end of each turn (regenerating creatures would be immune to infection)

Death - Plague: All of the opponents creatures become infected
    Death - Poisoned dagger (Rare): Weapon: 2 damages, but adds 1 poison point each time it successfully hits the target.
    Death - Improvements and debugging for boneyard.

Time - Divination: Permanent, shows the opponent's cards
    (good tactical advantage)
    Time - Extinction: Kills all the creatures of the same target species.(Incentive to use variety in the decks, improves time elements)
    Time - Cost improvement for the golden hourglass.

Entropy - Mutation: Mutate the target creature into something else, if the creature will survive. (The outcome will randomly kill the creature, turn the creature into an abomination, or create a random "super-creature" using a random creature as a base and adding random skills and attack/HP points. It is an incentive to combine the entropy deck with low cost creatures (sparks, photons, etc.).

I am also fixing some bugs and creating a mini-website for the game.

So... stay tuned for the next versions and keep giving me ideas.

Answers to other questions:

Momentum protects the creature from all shield effects but the dimensional shield.

Yes, I should change being "harmed" with "not targetable".

Rare cards are not sold at the bazaar, and I am not goind to make them sellable, I know it is extremely hard to get them, but that's the only way to keep them rare.

Gravity shield is great if combined with some other creatures or skills like otyugh or plate armor, you can cast plate armor on most of the opponent's creatures and block them completely. Or... just eat the small ones with your Otyughs and let the big ones be useless.

Fate egg can create another fate egg

And, well, Samura already knows this: the old versions of the game had a bug letting you automatically win the match. Every day I check for everyone that heavily exploited this bug and I am deleteing their scores and account, it is just unfair for everyone else that is investing time and ideas to get a better rank/deck.
    Last edited by zanzarino; 05-26-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Also, just a small thing. The card image for Rustler says it costs 2 quantums when it should be just 1.

The new ideas for the new patch sound awesome. I can't wait to see how it may affect my strategy, and other people's strategies! I'm currently playing a Life/Light deck, relying on Rustler's ability. So far I can usually beat most other decks with ease, with the exception of decks with Otyugh . Devour doesn't like me.

EDIT: What does Burrow do?
    EDIT2: Is Fahrenheit not supposed to deal damage when I have Dimensional Shield out? My opponents Fahrenheit kept missing.
    Last edited by icecue7; 05-26-2009 at 10:48 PM.

Pretty nice setup.

Seems fairly simple but it took me a minuite to figure out the resource system. Gets a little annoying when you cannot get the right resource to place monsters.

Also perhaps show players current attack and defense strengths?
    Free Flash Multiplayer Gaming
    http://www.gecko-games.com

Quote Originally Posted by icecue7 View Post
    EDIT: What does Burrow do?
    The creature can't be targeted anymore but only deals half the damage it could.

Quote Originally Posted by fil_razorback View Post
    The creature can't be targeted anymore but only deals half the damage it could.
    Ah I thought that was it, but wasn't sure because the Devourer card didn't say that.

Should PvP really be called PvP? You aren't actually playing against anyone, just their deck. A human player would have different tactics.

AWESOME game by the way, and I do think the ability to play human made decks is great, but not sure if it is PvP...
    Last edited by Alluvian; 05-27-2009 at 04:44 PM.

I agree, it's a little misleading and true PvP would be much better Have both!

I think I might have caught a bug... Saphire Charger is ignoring my fire wall. He is just supposed to not have his damage reduced, but instead seems to be ignoring all wall effects...

Also, do creatures with 0 attack rating still attack?

Hrm... Another bug. I just put down an ash eater in turn 2, nothing special was going on, but he came into play as a 5/2 instead of a 2/1. When I hover over him, the card still shows2/1 but he is doing 5 damage. This was one of 3 ash eaters I played that turn (the middle one) and the only one affected this way...

Quote Originally Posted by Alluvian View Post
    I think I might have caught a bug... Saphire Charger is ignoring my fire wall. He is just supposed to not have his damage reduced, but instead seems to be ignoring all wall effects...
    I asked a similar question earlier and he said "Momentum protects the creature from all shield effects but the dimensional shield." So Sapphire Charger won't take damage from Fire Wall.
    Hrm... Another bug. I just put down an ash eater in turn 2, nothing special was going on, but he came into play as a 5/2 instead of a 2/1. When I hover over him, the card still shows2/1 but he is doing 5 damage. This was one of 3 ash eaters I played that turn (the middle one) and the only one affected this way...
    I have no idea what happened here, but... did your opponent play Chaos Seed (I think that's what it's called)?

I hav a suggestion.....

At the beginning of the game everyone kinda need money to buy cards and of course the reason for this is the improve their decks; however, once your done and sastified with your own deck, you will acknowledge gold is worthless and i mean worthless!!!

therefore, my suggestion is to make something that we can spend gold on it. Perhaps an equipment that will plus extra power to you? ex -( at the at of everyturn you get +1 random element), ( plus your maximum hp from 100 to 110) - you get the idea?

It is just my suggestion to make make the game more option and enjoyable

I hope you like my suggestion

the only small annoyance I had is I realized when I went to pvp screen there is an option to go back to main menu, since i was hunting for farenheit card, I kept going back to menu not realizing it counted as a loss, until i ran out of money and added like 40 extra losses to my stats. when you click back to main menu during game you get a pop up asking if you are you want to quit the game. I'd suggest some explanation that you are gonna lose a round and gold by not fighting the person.
    mmm signature

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    Should PvP really be called PvP? You aren't actually playing against anyone, just their deck. A human player would have different tactics.

AWESOME game by the way, and I do think the ability to play human made decks is great, but not sure if it is PvP...
    So, should it be DvD then?
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6