dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 36 of 96 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by icecue7 View Post
    If you're lucky. I played level 3 for ages and encountered many, many decks with more than one Miracle, yet I still haven't won one. Then I played level 4 and again encountered decks with more than 1 Miracle and still haven't won one.
    It is pretty much pure luck, but I know you can win them from 3 because I've done so. (That only being luck bit is part of why I don't actually like the current spin system.)

Well drawing a card out of a booster pack is also pure luck as well, although you could also buy rare cards by themselves for a lot more money

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    Well drawing a card out of a booster pack is also pure luck as well, although you could also buy rare cards by themselves for a lot more money
    And the point of booster packs set up that way is $$$. Does it improve an online game to have no reliable way to work towards a goal?

Help needed...

I only play occasionally and dont have any rare cards (I think)

I could beat a level 2 deck about 1/3 times, but usually beat level 1s. I've noticed that since my last time playing the level 1 decks now have a ton of super weapons that really make it hard to beat them. Could they be toned down a bit.

Those new weapons are seriously overpowered.

5 damage + 3 to any creature every turn
    5 damage + destroy 3 pillars every trun
    3 damage + 1 poison cumulative every turn

They come out early in the game and its over. Either take off the damage or make them cost 25 mana or something.

they're not that overpowered to someone who has been playing a while but they do need to be taken out of the early decks. Possibly make them only show up in level 3 and 4.

25 quantum to summon the rare weapons?!?!?!

are you crazy? That would make them WORTHLESS.

--rob77dp

Lightbulb Suggestion

I have a suggestion, along with approval of the multi-player lobby, extra level of AI and guest account.
    You could have a personal trophy room that has achievable 'badges' for defeating an enemy under certain conditions such as 'Close match:win a duel with 10 or less HP left' etc. I think this may be hard to code, but I have very little knowledge of coding, so it might be easy, the problem would be making a script that would be able to detect specific things...
    I had something else to say but...can't think of it again...

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    Help needed...

I only play occasionally and dont have any rare cards (I think)

I could beat a level 2 deck about 1/3 times, but usually beat level 1s. I've noticed that since my last time playing the level 1 decks now have a ton of super weapons that really make it hard to beat them. Could they be toned down a bit.
    Like DarkGate said, once you've played a load of games and got some decent cards things'll go way smoother. I don't even use any rares...

Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    are you crazy? That would make them WORTHLESS.

--rob77dp
    Actually, after playing a couple of the PVP decks I think 25 might be too low...

I created a new account that I'm doing better in (wind). My other deck was time and I was losing as much money as I made, making it pointless to play because I couldnt even beat level 1 decks reliably- and when I did I'd earn 1 coin and lose 2 when I lost.
    Last edited by marauder68; 06-28-2009 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    Actually, after playing a couple of the PVP decks I think 25 might be too low...
    First, I agree that the rares are simply too good right now.

That being said, you're going about suggesting ways to fix them that are entirely wrong and would make them go from too good to worthless.

Congrats to the un-original top 50 decks...

That feel some need to play pure aether with dim shields, dragons, and PU with pillars... Are you that unable to use an original type deck idea? I find it hard to believe you are "just using it for farming" being up that high in coin and score... Oh well, you have the right to use whatever deck you want, but I would be embarrassed to be in the top 50 and have my deck set to pure aether farming.

That is all.

--rob77dp

That feel some need to play pure aether with dim shields, dragons, and PU with pillars... Are you that unable to use an original type deck idea? I find it hard to believe you are "just using it for farming" being up that high in coin and score... Oh well, you have the right to use whatever deck you want, but I would be embarrassed to be in the top 50 and have my deck set to pure aether farming.
    If they're going for some of the rares that are rare even among level 3 cpus, they may be validly farming for it.

Not like there's any other way to obtain them currently.

That is all.

--rob77dp

Since when is one not allowed to play the deck he wants? I hate those Owl's Eye-spammers more than anything but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be able play with those cards... Either way, i still win more than 90% of the time against those decks so i see no reason to complain...
    (Besides, what's so difficult about beating aether decks anyway?)

To each his own...
    Last edited by Caiphas; 06-29-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Edit...
    Last edited by Caiphas; 06-29-2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: double post, oops... :)

I've only been playing for a few weeks now, and am in the process of tweaking my deck to work have a better than 40% win ratio on the level 3 Elementals.

I've read through on the deal with the rare cards, and understandably they should be rare to make the game more interesting. However, 9 times out of 10 when the computer gets one of those rare cards out I might as well just concede the game and try again.

Anyway, it got me to thinking. Rare shouldn't always be synonymous with unbalanced. Something that could be done to temper these rare cards is to have the activation cost require a different type of quantum than what was needed to summon it. Or have it do some kind of minor detrimental effect on the caster when it is used or summoned. This would help to diversify the deck building process since you would have to design your deck to work with your rares rather than just throwing them into an existing deck (or one built around a different strategy) and having them work as well as they currently do.

This is a really great game though and the workmanship that has been put into it really shows. I'm looking forward to future updates and new cards to select from. Keep up the fantastic work

Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    First, I agree that the rares are simply too good right now.

That being said, you're going about suggesting ways to fix them that are entirely wrong and would make them go from too good to worthless.
    They would not be worthless. With even one of those cards you can entirely lock down your opponent.

If a weapon does 5 damage it should cost at LEAST 5 mana. An ability like shooting creatures for 3 mana should add at least another 5 to the initial cost. Being able to destroy 3 pillars for 3 mana- at least 15 initial cost, or make it instead take away 3 mana at random.

Rares should be fun to play because of a cool ability, but having them severely under-cost unbalances the game.

marauder you just don't have a balanced deck yet is the problem. Weapons are easy to go against if your deck is even decent. You just need to get your deck down to one or two elements is all.

And Rob I am no longer all aether user after my sudden jump into the Top 20 after not playing for a couple of days. Now i'm going to use a fun mutation/rainbow based deck for awhile. I'm going to try and tweak it to make it successful but it'll probably take some time to get it to win consistently. Now to hope for a good mutation hehe.

...ok my mutation didn't win enough for me to want to stick with it. Entropy really needs a boost at this point, so for now I'll make use of my miracles and go with a firefly deck.
    Last edited by DarkGate; 06-30-2009 at 02:48 AM.

Hello zanz, and hello Elements Community.

I've been playing for a bit by now, but like many others, I neglected to make posting on the forums a high priority.

First I just wanted to point out that I've been enjoying the game. It's great so far, and I can't wait to see how it goes!

But let's get on with what I wanted to say.

My Bug - This might be a bit difficult to fix, or to even figure out what caused it. Still should point it out.

I was playing my entropy deck, and mutated my creature into something else (spark into a non-mutation.) Then my opponent froze it. Attempting not to lose too much momentum, I used chaos seed on it, hoping for something, and I got a copy of that creature. The problem is, when they unfroze, they were exactly the same. Now after playing my entropy deck for many matches, I have never copied a mutated creature, and gotten the exact same thing from it. I used two parallel universes, one on each creature, and got exact copies again! Are frozen creatures not meant to be copied, or is the status effect causing a bug?

Next on the list is Purify. I've noticed there's been a lot of debate about it. My idea is to change the effect. Just like the card "Holy Light" can heal a creature or a player, maybe change the text on Purify to something along the lines of:

Purify - "Remove all status effects from the target."

Now if this idea was adopted, I think 1 water would be fair to remove your poison, or a creature's infection. But what about making the programming simpler, and just making a card that removes all status effects. You can remove momentum and gravity pull. Since it is only 1 target, and removing these status effects does not grant as much of an overpowered advantage as a strategic one, I think that the cost could stay the same, maybe go up to 2 if it is absolutely necessary.

Also, there has been talk about giving entropy a little 'Boost.' Personally, I love the weapon 'Discord.' Not for it's ability, but for it's name. Entropy is what makes the universe not hold together, and discord is just utter chaos. Personally, I would like to see Discord's ability be a blanket of 'Chaos Seeds' all over the field. Either make it activate at random like discord does (but less often,) or the cost would have to be decently high (or at least remove the ability to copy creatures. Just the blessings, infections, slight chance of destruction, etc, just no more creatures than started on the field.) Just make sure to make it affect the fields of both players, that way when it does happen, everyone is checking the field to find out what just happened to their creatures.
    (As I was typing this, I just realized a simpler, but less fun solution. Just like eternity has a 'built-in' Reverse Time, you could give Discord a built-in Mutate or Chaos Seed.)

Just a few ideas, felt like being a part of the community, and the development of what I am sure will become an extremely popular (and great!) game.

Sorry for posting twice in a row, but interesting bug.

This happens when a creature that is frozen gets lobotomized, has chaos seed get casted on it, or other 'different' altering effects.

My creatures appears to be frozen (ie. has the ice crystals on it,) but is still attacking, dealing damage, and (if not lobotomized,) able to use abilities as if it were not.