dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 39 of 96 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

  1. #761
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    hey i got a idea to fix the rares being common problem, what if you just distributed rares based on the score that people have, like whenever you go up a certain ammount(im thinking around 500 score, that sounds good) you automatically get one free random rare. Then you can just delete all the rares people have, and make it so they get a whole bunch of random rares depending on what score they have at the time you would reset it(so if it was like 6000 they get 12 random rares). Then when they get to 6500 score, they get another random rare, and again at 7000 ect. I think this way people will have around the same ammount of rares they should of had a chance at receiving to begin with. Also then you just make it so you cant get rares from spins...flawless.

    p.s. i found one small flaw with it, and that is just to make it so if someone is at a score of 7000, they cant just lose a game to get a lower score, then win another game and get back to 7000, and hopefully not trigger something where they get another rare, but thats it.

  2. #762
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    I still haven't figured out why you think a game with a min limit of 30 and up to 6 of any type *needs* a divination card.
    some point there on the way that it will not be a mandatory card - which, in my point of view, is positive - also I can imagine some decks that can actually make use of it, also because its fun!

    I recall some games where that card could have done a major help on changing the way of play from hand if was known what hand opponent has ... It would increase a more tactical way of play .. also it can be very handful when realtime player versus player interface is up ..

    btw ... is not my thinking or suggestion .. it was actually on the original Zanzarino project cards before V0.4 : (just follow the link to the zanzarino post...it's on page 3 of this forum)

    Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    Time - Divination: Permanent, shows the opponent's cards
    (good tactical advantage)

  3. #763
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    16
    bug: poison damage on creatures is not cumulative
    (probably someone already wrote about it)

  4. #764
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9

    "Your deck" section

    Hi! I'm new on this forum. I have some tips that could improve the "Your deck" section.

    I have a lot of cards (almost all), but there isn't enough space to see all of them. Maybe add some space in this section could be good for card's collectors who wants to have all possible cards.

    I often change deck and when I do it, add or remove cards really slows the operation "cloning" some cards. Bug?

    P.s.: About eartquake. Too power at only 1 cost. If you have 6 of them in a deck your opponent is dead. Maybe more cost to destroy less pillars is better.

  5. #765
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9
    About "Enchant artifact": I have played level 3 and the computer put enchant artifact on the emerald shield (reflect). I have a mono-fire deck with no creatures, so I couldn't use deflagrations on it neither use my firebolts. I won just because of Fahrenheit. It's not too power at one cost? After doing E.A. on a weapon, could you use also flying weapon?

  6. #766
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9
    Always about "Enchant artifact": if you put it on dimensional shield, your enemy can't do nothing for three turns (no steal, no deflagration), making D.M. the most powerful card of the game. Same about the new dissipation shield, in the final turns could make you invincible. Maybe E.A. should be only for weapon and not for shield.

  7. #767
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel83 View Post
    After doing E.A. on a weapon, could you use also flying weapon?
    yes you can

  8. #768
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9
    Another idea: allow to put only one or two of those very powerful card in a deck.

  9. #769
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by bot! View Post
    yes you can
    I don't want even to immagine a deck with immaterial flying Owl's eye/Eternity... Too power, no way for opponent's creature.

  10. #770
    @ Manuel83:

    I see that the new cards got you really worried. But please consider a couple of things:
    1 - All the combo you mentioned would force players to add earth to their decks or to use earth as the main element. For instance, if I add enchant artifact to my deck I also need a earth quanta source and some room for enchant artifacts, that means less room for phase dragons, parallel universe and dimensional shield itself.
    2 - I am going to monitor how the new cards are doing during the first days, if they are unbalanced I will try to match their cost/effects ratio until they are balanced with the rest of the game. It is close to impossible to determine how a new card would do without trying it first.

    Also there is a way to bypass reflective shields with your spells (firebolt, in your case). I'll give you a hint, spells can be reflected only once, they will not keep bouncing forever back and forward between two players with reflective shields.

  11. #771
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    @ Manuel83:

    I see that the new cards got you really worried. But please consider a couple of things:
    1 - All the combo you mentioned would force players to add earth to their decks or to use earth as the main element. For instance, if I add enchant artifact to my deck I also need a earth quanta source and some room for enchant artifacts, that means less room for phase dragons, parallel universe and dimensional shield itself.
    2 - I am going to monitor how the new cards are doing during the first days, if they are unbalanced I will try to match their cost/effects ratio until they are balanced with the rest of the game. It is close to impossible to determine how a new card would do without trying it first.

    Ok for the first 2 points: experiments are always welcome and needed

    Also there is a way to bypass reflective shields with your spells (firebolt, in your case). I'll give you a hint, spells can be reflected only once, they will not keep bouncing forever back and forward between two players with reflective shields.
    I know that the light reflective shield can reflect only once (it's written), but I think that the emerald (green) shield can always reflect, because there isn't write "only once" on this card.

    However I really want to use this new cards as soon as possible!

  12. #772
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by -Samura- View Post
    btw ... is not my thinking or suggestion .. it was actually on the original Zanzarino project cards before V0.4 : (just follow the link to the zanzarino post...it's on page 3 of this forum)
    Oh, that one. I thought you meant a divination ala mtg card - search your deck and pull out a card you want.

    I don't really like the idea of seeing your opponent's hand either, but I can see uses for it.

  13. #773
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4

    Exclamation

    0.0....0.0
    *siren blares* GLITCH ALERT* *GLITCH ALERT*

    Glitch size: huge
    Description: I went into pvp and it came up with a fire deck, but before I did anything, I didn't press start or the mouse or the keyboard or anything, but it started the match in a split-second. Then it never actually brought up the field, it skipped to the win screen with elemental mastery, and on the spinner it gave 100% chance of quantum pillars all three spins, because there were no cards from the opponent's deck to put on the spinner because it never actually played.


    Summary: PVP, started match automatically, skipped to the win screen with elemental mastery, spun 3 quantum pillars.
    Last edited by Viron; 07-05-2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typo

  14. #774
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Viron View Post
    0.0....0.0
    *siren blares* GLITCH ALERT* *GLITCH ALERT*

    Glitch size: huge
    Description: I went into pvp and it came up with a fire deck, but before I did anything, I didn't press start or the mouse or the keyboard or anything, but it started the match in a split-second. Then it never actually brought up the field, it skipped to the win screen with elemental mastery, and on the spinner it gave 100% chance of quantum pillars all three spins, because there were no cards from the opponent's deck to put on the spinner because it never actually played.


    Summary: PVP, started match automatically, skipped to the win screen with elemental mastery, spun 3 quantum pillars.
    I bet thats how that guy called pakuch or something got his 350-0 win percentage

  15. #775
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    20
    Just as I suspected earthquake has proven broken. You play an earth elemental use six of it and six burrowers and a win condition. You can EASILY cripple any opponent. The only way for an opponent to win is if they go first and make a lot of quantum. Earthquake should cost four NOT one. and by the way the deck I mentioned is already being used and doesnt even need to use earth pillars because earthquake COSTS ONLY ONE.

  16. #776
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Garruk View Post
    Just as I suspected earthquake has proven broken. You play an earth elemental use six of it and six burrowers and a win condition. You can EASILY cripple any opponent. The only way for an opponent to win is if they go first and make a lot of quantum. Earthquake should cost four NOT one. and by the way the deck I mentioned is already being used and doesnt even need to use earth pillars because earthquake COSTS ONLY ONE.
    I really think it is too soon to say if some card is broken or not ... decks with lots of pillars can overtake that lost .. decks with no pillars are completely immune to earthquake ... decks with lots of different types of pillars are also somewhat unharmed by it ...

    ... so far, the only more closely to a broken card was the Aether Phase Dragon .. not Miracle, not Freeze cost 1, not Owl's eye, not firebolt spam, and (maybe) not earthquake ... because it allowed a self inner parallel copy and farming wins by Mono-Aether players ... although ..even that can be beaten .. and so I don't see it as a broken card

  17. #777
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2

    Lightbulb Reflective Shields, make way!

    Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    Also there is a way to bypass reflective shields with your spells (firebolt, in your case). I'll give you a hint, spells can be reflected only once, they will not keep bouncing forever back and forward between two players with reflective shields.
    I think I got it.......

    Thnx Zanzarino for the hint

  18. #778
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by -Samura- View Post
    I really think it is too soon to say if some card is broken or not ... decks with lots of pillars can overtake that lost .. decks with no pillars are completely immune to earthquake ... decks with lots of different types of pillars are also somewhat unharmed by it ...

    ... so far, the only more closely to a broken card was the Aether Phase Dragon .. not Miracle, not Freeze cost 1, not Owl's eye, not firebolt spam, and (maybe) not earthquake ... because it allowed a self inner parallel copy and farming wins by Mono-Aether players ... although ..even that can be beaten .. and so I don't see it as a broken card
    Just because something can be beaten doesn't mean it isn't broken. Also, decks with lots of pillars CANT overtake that loss. you start the game with eight cards and in a deck with lots of pillars, you can easily start with five or six. The opponent can destroy all of those just with two earthquakes if they are one color. Two colors, they can still usually destroy them. three colors, they have trouble now, but they can still destroy enough to screw you over. Four colors, your deck is already too inconsistent and will lose often, unless you use mostly quantum pillars, in which case, earthquake can work.

    I've already seen it start to warp the format around it. Lots of people play no pillars now. That includes you samura. And a card capable of forcing players to play so drastically different is definitely broken.

    Also, Aether dragon can be easily beaten still it more the dimension shield that breaks it. As two shields give it more than enough time to kill you, but the dragon should still probably be smaller anyways. But, earthquakes would still kill this deck easily as it would be unable to get enough quantums.

    Earthquake kills the very thing that makes the game work. it is very crazy and easily ruins any opponent. Also, by destroying all of a players pillars. You make the game very unfun for the player on the other side. That person feels helpless and unable to do anything. So, not only is it too powerful, but it very demoralizing and makes people want to play the game less.

  19. #779
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    65
    @Garruk

    If there was something wrong with Aether was not because of the Dimensional Shield but only because of his Dragon, if you keep the Dragon away like before then no one could have done a mono-Aether to work properly and it would have to add something else - although, I'm not defending that, I think a good deck can beat a Aether deck - the broken about this was more the farming abuse easy wins than for the card itself

    you say that "Lots of people play no pillars now" .. look .. I tried like 8 hours ago on doing a deck immune to Earthquake spam .. DarkGate that was doing a dark-earth-mark with Devourers and Earthquakes joined in finding another type of deck ... so .. 2 people doing experimental decks .. and you say "Lots of people .. " .. wt? c'mon ..lol??

    another thing - for what i saw - people are finding that Enchant Artifact can actually immortalize an entire stack of pillars .. so, and if is not a bug, anyone can protect his pillars with Enchant ..

    in conclusion, my point is the same - I think is too earlier to make that kind of alarmism - I think is much more fun to try out new strategies in face of that kind of apparently difficulties .. bear in mind - new things always carry with them new ways of thinking ... imho
    Last edited by -Samura-; 07-05-2009 at 10:16 PM.

  20. #780
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    20

    Lightbulb

    Okay I'll calm down. The card just brushes me the wrong way because my deck is susceptible to it. I've changed my deck some now so it is a bit less susceptible to it.

    Here is the list if you are curious. It does well. But is very vulnerable.

    14x Emerald Pillar
    4x Emerald Dragon
    6x Horned Frog
    6x Cockatrice
    1x Short Sword


    It can easily overrun any deck that is slow. But is vulnerable to mass removal and shields. The wining percentage is pretty good though. I still want to just play life, cause it is very consistent and fun. Empathic Bond looks like it works well in my deck, but it just slows me down.

    You're right samura. I guess it is too early. I'm playing some top 50 right now, and there isn't a whole ton of earthquake. And, it is only a problem for me if they can play 2 and even then I can get out of that hole. I do think that it should cost 2 though. But otherwise I'm fine.
    Last edited by Garruk; 07-05-2009 at 11:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center