dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 44 of 96 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

  1. #861
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3
    I doubt it can return the monster to hand, due to the limitations of having to have no more than 8 cards in your hand. I was thinking it putting the monster on the bottom of the target's deck would be the best fix for Reverse Time.
    It's basically the same..

    Main point here is CARD ADVANTAGE.
    Top, Bottom or middle of the deck, it doesn't matter, you STILL lose a monster and the amount of cards in your hand remains the same.
    The fact that the card goes back into your deck for you to 'reuse it' DOES NOT benefit you in any way.

    The amount of cards in your hand is still the same, and only cards in your hand matter (and count as an actual advantage).



    I don't think Reverse Time is overpowered. I have never used a Time deck myself, and I have been able to consistently defeat a Time deck with Reverse Time and Eternity with an Aether, Gravity or Aether/Gravity deck.
    My main point is that the destruction of the monsters in ALL the other elements is a lot weaker.

    I mean, look at all the dragon cards for example.All of them are balanced in a sense, that for about 10 quantums you get about 15 stats.
    Some dragons have more stats in DEF, others in ATK.
    This is consistent throughout all the elements.

    But when we come down to monster destruction, it's completely different.
    Compared to "Reverse Time" cards like lightning, fire blast, freeze are useless.

    If the game funcioned in a way that you could only use ONE of the elements, this sort of incosistency would be ok, because we would only need to balance cards inside each element (so some elements would be better at summoning monsters, e.g., others at destroying monsters and so on).

    But you can use any cards in any deck.
    For example, if you run a lot of quantum pillars and you need to choose which monster destruction to run, you will ALWAYS choose RT.

  2. #862
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabelis View Post
    It's basically the same..

    Main point here is CARD ADVANTAGE.
    Top, Bottom or middle of the deck, it doesn't matter, you STILL lose a monster and the amount of cards in your hand remains the same.
    The fact that the card goes back into your deck for you to 'reuse it' DOES NOT benefit you in any way.

    The amount of cards in your hand is still the same, and only cards in your hand matter (and count as an actual advantage).
    The difference is you don't get locked just summoning that monster. You can get the other creatures in your hand, other abilities (Steal, deflag, etc. -- deal with eternity), a shield, a weapon, etc.

    So yes, top or bottom of your deck does matter. It matters a great deal still.

    RT/Eternity may be severely underpriced for their effect, but I also don't like how the effect works.
    Last edited by Bianary; 07-11-2009 at 01:53 PM.

  3. #863
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabelis View Post
    My main point is that the destruction of the monsters in ALL the other elements is a lot weaker.

    I mean, look at all the dragon cards for example.All of them are balanced in a sense, that for about 10 quantums you get about 15 stats.
    Some dragons have more stats in DEF, others in ATK.
    This is consistent throughout all the elements.

    But when we come down to monster destruction, it's completely different.
    Compared to "Reverse Time" cards like lightning, fire blast, freeze are useless.

    If the game funcioned in a way that you could only use ONE of the elements, this sort of incosistency would be ok, because we would only need to balance cards inside each element (so some elements would be better at summoning monsters, e.g., others at destroying monsters and so on).

    But you can use any cards in any deck.
    For example, if you run a lot of quantum pillars and you need to choose which monster destruction to run, you will ALWAYS choose RT.
    When I build a rainbow deck, RT is not the card on which I spend my Time Q. I use it on Golden Hourglass (as do most all the multi-element decks I face). Freeze is superior b/c it is 1 Q to cast and if your deck cannot deal with a monster having three turns to handle it, you had no chance anyways. Lightning and Fire Bolt have the ability to damage directly to HP, so if the opp. is creature-less or is just about to die but not quite, you can hammer with Lightning or FB.

    Perhaps your current deck build is just rather susceptible to RT and therefore it is the one that bothers you the most? (I cannot really say since I do not know your deck...)


    --rob77dp

  4. #864
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    95
    There should be a bazaar where you can trade something like 4 rares for one of your choice!

  5. #865
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    121
    Another idea to help mutation: Make it so if you mutate an entropy creature, it always turns into a mutant. If you target anything else, it has a chance to be destroyed or will turn into an abomination.

    This leaves it effective offensively (Unless your opponent is entropy, in which case ... well, you can give them mutants. Risky, that.) but also gives a more controlled random while still preserving its ability to be used on your own non-entropy creatures like photons or sparks.

  6. #866
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    70
    Does Aether have any rare card? I haven't seen any. All other elements have one or two rare cards, except Aether.

    If you feel certain cards are overpowered, why don't you just use those cards in your deck? Take the advantage of those cards for yourself.

    There are a few cards that no one ever uses. Mutation is one of them. I have never used it, and I have never encountered any level 3 or 4 opponent who uses it.

    Then there are some cards that everyone uses (or should use.) Earthquake is one of them. Empathic Bond is another one. Owl's Eye is yet another if you can get it. A lot of level 4 players are using Earthquake, Empathic Bond and/or Owl's Eye.

    I notice that more and more level 4 players, a disproportionate number of them, are using Earth or Earth-hybrid decks. I keep running into Earth or Earth-hybrid decks at level 4. I myself are buying and building Earth cards to switch to an Earth deck.
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-11-2009 at 05:26 PM.

  7. #867
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    77
    Aether rare = Lobotomizer.

  8. #868
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ktchong View Post
    Does Aether have any rare card? I haven't seen any. All other elements have one or two rare cards, except Aether.

    If you feel certain cards are overpowered, why don't you just use those cards in your deck? Take the advantage of those cards for yourself.

    There are a few cards that no one ever uses. Mutation is one of them. I have never used it, and I have never encountered any level 3 or 4 opponent who uses it.

    Then there are some cards that everyone uses (or should use.) Earthquake is one of them. Empathic Bond is another one. Owl's Eye is yet another if you can get it. A lot of level 4 players are using Earthquake, Empathic Bond and/or Owl's Eye.

    I notice that more and more level 4 players, a disproportionate number of them, are using Earth or Earth-hybrid decks. I keep running into Earth or Earth-hybrid decks at level 4. I myself are buying and building Earth cards to switch to an Earth deck.
    Because a game is supposed to be balanced if it wants to be competitive.
    Obviously so far you can only play against AI, so it doesn't matter so much.

    But if PvP will be implemented, balancing the game is one of the most important things.

    If 1 card is ALWAYS prefered before another ones, why are those cards in the game at all?

  9. #869
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    70
    It is becoming increasingly frustrating that I can't save multiple decks.

    I have a huge collection of different cards. It takes forever to load the deck management or bazaar screen. (i.e., I have at least one of every available non-rare card. Loading the deck management or bazaar is excruciatingly long.)

    I read that a dynamic PvP is being worked on. Instead of replacing the current simulated level-4 PvP with the dynamic one, I suggest let's add another level. Level 5. So the simulated PvP should stay as level 4, and the dynamic PvP should become level 5 with increased rewards.

    Level 4 should have 4x chances to win a card, (instead of the 3x now, which is disappointingly the same with level 3.) Level 5 should have 5x chances to win a card, and up to 40 or 50 electrum coins.
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-11-2009 at 05:44 PM.

  10. #870
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    70
    Here's a couple card suggestions:

    Nymph. Nymphs live in oceans, rivers and lakes (i.e., water.) A nymph has low HPs and weak attack, but she can charm and seduce an opponent's creature, i.e., "steal" a summoned creature from the other side.

    A nymph can only charm one creature at a time. If the nymph is destroyed, her spell is broken and the creature becomes freed.

    Alternatively, a nymph can charm multiple creatures -- at one casting per turn -- depending on the overall metagame balance. Either way, if the nymph dies, the charm is broken. In this case, programming could be tricky with multiple nymphs controlling multiple different creatures at a time.

    Another similar idea is Ghost/Spirit/Phantom (for either Death/Darkness/Aether,) which has the "Possess" ability. However, a summoned ghost/spirit/phantom is destroyed whenever it possesses and takes over a creature, (i.e., the ghost/spirit/phantom simply turns into the creature being possessed, and the original creature is destroyed.) This should be much easier to program.
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-11-2009 at 06:10 PM.

  11. #871
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabelis View Post
    Compared to "Reverse Time" cards like lightning, fire blast, freeze are useless.
    I personally find lightning and fire blast to be more dangerous than Reverse Time, and Freeze more annoying. Reverse Time should not be a problem if you develop some strategy to counter it.

    Reverse Time is really the only "nice" trick the Time element has. What else does Time have? If you take away Reverse Time, then Time will have nothing left. Time by itself is a fairly weak element that can't stand well on its own.

    If Reverse Time was overpowered, everyone would already be using and overusing it. If it was overpowered, I would already be using it. I haven't even seen too many people overusing Reverse Time. I haven't had any problem overcoming multiple Reverse Time attacks with different decks unless I got a very bad hand.
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-11-2009 at 06:53 PM.

  12. #872
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by ktchong View Post
    If Reverse Time was overpowered, everyone would already be using and overusing it. If it was overpowered, I would already be using it. I haven't even seen too many people overusing Reverse Time. I haven't had any problem overcoming multiple Reverse Time attacks with different decks unless I got a very bad hand.
    Not necessarily. The fact that it's not being used a lot right now just means there are other cards that are even more overpowered than it :P

  13. #873
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    70
    More card ideas:

    Lazarus Pit (Life): Permanent. All of the player's creatures regenerate 0/+1 per turn. The creature HPs cannot go over its current maximum unless they have been raised by Blessing, Armor or another spell.

    Seelie Court (Air): Permanent. Can summon a faery/fae/fey or (the proper literary name) Sidhe per turn.

    Unseelie Court (Darkness): The evil counterpart of the Seelie Court. Can summon a bad faery per turn. (The bad faery has a name, but I can't recall it now.)
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-11-2009 at 08:33 PM.

  14. #874
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    92
    zanzarino is actually working on a card for entropy called Lilith that takes control of opposing creatures

  15. #875
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    121
    Idea for Earthquake: Make it destroy 1/3 of the target stack's pillars, rounded up. So 1-3 pillars you'd lose 1, 4-6 you'd lose 2, 7-9 you'd lose 3, etc. That would let it punish decks with tons of pillars but be much weaker against multi-color decks, which I think is what was described as its goal when it was introduced.

    Edit: It was pointed out to me that with that change its price could also be lowered. Probably to 2 initially, and see how it works there.

    Edit2: While I'm at card suggestions, what about making Empathic Bond not stack, but then provide 3 healing per green creature (1 for the rest) to make it work better with its own color and not lose too much effectiveness when used with green. Its cost might be able to be lowered then as well.
    Last edited by Bianary; 07-11-2009 at 10:44 PM.

  16. #876
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15
    I just started playing a few days ago. I went through 3-4 deck types, continually getting pissed off at the same old Devourer/Black Dragon combo that kept pissing me off. Eventually I created a Fire deck that was winning around 80% of the time, but it was boring to play. I just gave up, used the Devourer/Black Dragon deck myself, and added Drain Life plus a bunch of Obsidian Pillars to it. With that deck, I haven't lost yet, and I saw that isocarmine (a Devourer/Black Dragon player) made the same change to his deck the next day, so it must have done well against the other decks of the same type.

    Devourer is ridiculously overpowered, and I certainly don't have any incentive to switch to another element until it's changed. It's effectively free to play, and it quanta-locks your opponent from the very start of the game if he gets a medium-poor opening draw.

    Anyways, this is a really great game, but it appears to punish people for playing mono-color decks, which I find restrictive and senseless.

    BUGS:

    I haven't found any bugs, but there are several keyword discrepancies that need to be changed.

    BURROW: says "can't be targeted" but that's incomplete. A Burrowed card can't take damage for any reason. There is effectively no difference between "burrowed" and "immortal", so it's pointless to have two keywords for the same ability.
    -Solution: Immortal should mean "cannot take damage" and Burrowed should mean "cannot be targeted". Burrowed cards should still take damage from non-targeting sources (like Flame Shield).

    FIRE BOLT/ICE BOLT/DRAIN LIFE: All say that they deal x damage for each 10 quanta in your possesion, but they actually deal X damage, PLUS x damage for each 10 quanta in your possesion.

    QUANTA/QUANTUM and DAMAGE/DAMAGES: these are inconsistently used to denote the plural. They should be uniformly referred to as "Quanta" and "Damage".

    Sorry if this sounds nitpickey, but I'm a technical writer and keyword accuracy is a pet peeve of mine.

  17. #877
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    70
    Bug:

    Sometimes, when I summoned a Phase Dragon and then cast Parallel Dimension on the Dragon, both dragons (original + duplicate) disappeared at the end of the turn. They just vanished as if they were Spark.

    The last time this happen, I was using an Aether deck against Congeal with an Earth-Time hybrid deck. He had summoned one borrowed Graboid. I summoned a Phase Dragon and used a Parallel Dimension to make a duplicate. Both dragons disappeared immediately at the end of my turn. That was not the first time it happened.

    Prior to that, Congeal used Earthquake to destroy my Aether Pillars. So that could be related. (As Earthquake was new, so it could have some coding error that needs to be fixed; I noticed Earthquake and the vanishing dragons had the same sound and effect.)
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-12-2009 at 12:37 AM.

  18. #878
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    70
    Another weird bug:

    Sometimes Lightning showed up in my shield slot. The shield slot showed the Lightning picture and the word "Lightning" in it. This may have happened when I used Dimensional Shield and Lightning in the same turn, but I'm not sure. Later, I could still use a Dimensional Shield to replace the Lightning in the shield slot. This had happened twice before, but I couldn't duplicate the problem.
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-12-2009 at 12:36 AM.

  19. #879
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    70
    I notice that Deflagation costs 2 quanta to destroy one permanent/pillar. Earthquake costs 3 quanta to destroy three pillars.

    Please work on some way to let us store multiple decks.

    It's already excruciatingly slow to load the deck or bazaar screen (when a player has lots of different cards.)

    In addition, it's extremely inconvenient to switch between different decks. We have to discard a current deck to create an alternate deck for experimentation, and we have to do it all over again to go back to a favorite deck. It's annoying.

    Basically, we are being discouraged to experiment with different decks.

    P.S. The deck and bazaar should not load my entire card collection every time.
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-12-2009 at 12:55 AM.

  20. #880
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    77
    Correct. Deflag hits weapons and shields too, a welcome use many times. More flexible therefore more cost per it's ability.


    --rob77dp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center