A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 47 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

target selection

i got a friend to join, but can't play against him because pvp selection is random

in addition to which it keeps matching my 150-point character against 12,000+ point opponents, which doesn't work too well

is it possible to change pvp to allow selection of opponents, or add another game type for this?

thanks

PvP is still in its' 2nd day of beta...

so not likely to have that feature just yet. Also, right now it is mostly high score players using the PvP since it was only limited release via game chat on the main game page. I too hope that in the future we can select opponents, but in a manner where it cannot be abused to allow players to battle their own dummy accounts for free points/cards/stats/other cheating.

--rob77dp

here's an idea for a new poison card, im thinking about a shield that removes 1 damage and has a 30% chance of poisoning the monster attacking, I think that this should substitute bone wall because it is a rigged card that can be exploited for unfairness, and can be glitched

future features:

fast-forward mode: when playing against the computer, all the computer's effects are resolved instantly. AI still does same calculations and actions as it does now, but the actual displaying of them is ommitted, you only get the final result) - i spent 7 hours playing today and only got 4 cards, all of them useless.
    making the PvE games faster would make this a little less painful

graveyard access: if the computer plays 6 spells on me, they poof before i get a chance to read the descriptions (particularly if it's ones i've never seen before) - an accessible list of cards played by both sides would be a nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    so not likely to have that feature just yet. Also, right now it is mostly high score players using the PvP since it was only limited release via game chat on the main game page. I too hope that in the future we can select opponents, but in a manner where it cannot be abused to allow players to battle their own dummy accounts for free points/cards/stats/other cheating.
    --rob77dp
    so can a level 5 PVP be added, which is identical to level4 in every way but allows selection of opponents and gives no rewards whatsoever?

and re: free points - i can get a million of those now! just have to win a million level 0 combats...

nightfall/burrow issue:

scenario a)
    1) summon devourer, cast nightfall, burrow devourer: get 0/3 creature
    2) unburrow it: get 0/3 creature

scenario b)
    1) summon devourer, burrow it (before nightfall this time), cast nightfall: get 1/3 creature
    2) unburrow it: get 2/3 creature

in both cases the burrowed creature should be 0/3 or 1/3 (depending on whether things get rounded up or down when burrowing)
    the un-burrowed creature should be 1/3

When playing level 4 opponent, in the pre-game screen it shows the opponents rank. It would be nice if it displayed your rank also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    Pillar/quantum destruction is bad enough, forced discards would really frustrate me (And many other people. I can't think of anyone who enjoys playing against decks that use them in mtg).
    When some of my friends started playing those, I switched to a deck that did almost nothing except spam cheap creatures and spells. I rarely had a hand, so their decks were mostly useless. They changed decks after a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    Manage deck with scroll bar:
    I didn't do it, and I'll never do it because Flash simply ignores the video card in your pc, that means no graphic acceleration whatsoever and the CPU does all the work. Putting a scroll bar there that moves around 100 pictures would make the game so slow that you would have time to send ma an email complaining about how slow the manage deck is... while waiting for the cards to move on the screen.
    And I don't want a few thousand emails in my inbox.
    Perhaps page up / page down buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by CapAp View Post
    BURROW: says "can't be targeted" but that's incomplete. A Burrowed card can't take damage for any reason. There is effectively no difference between "burrowed" and "immortal", so it's pointless to have two keywords for the same ability.
    -Solution: Immortal should mean "cannot take damage" and Burrowed should mean "cannot be targeted". Burrowed cards should still take damage from non-targeting sources (like Flame Shield).
    I would love it if immortal creatures could be targetted (e.g., cloned, frozen, time reversed, etc.), but not damaged or outright killed, and burrowed creatures could still be hurt by all-affecting spells. The current setup just makes both of these abilities overpowered, especially with the Anubis creature being able to give Immortal to other creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by ktchong View Post
    P.S. The deck and bazaar should not load my entire card collection every time.
    That's an idea--would having the deck screen come up with no cards shown speed the load time? Then you would just click the element categories to show that type of card.

Quote Originally Posted by bot! View Post
    2ktchong I dont think redraw option is so necessary
    the luck factor exists in any card game and it is absolutly normal imho
    once you are lucky,the other time your opponent...
    the only situation,when it is necessary,is when you have no pillars at all
    (in MTG you can redraw in this case)
    In most other trading card games, they do have a redraw option, although there is typically a penalty (I seem to recall M:tG having a "mulligan" option which let you redraw, but you got one less card).

Quote Originally Posted by zzz123 View Post
    nightfall/burrow issue:

scenario a)
    1) summon devourer, cast nightfall, burrow devourer: get 0/3 creature
    2) unburrow it: get 0/3 creature

scenario b)
    1) summon devourer, burrow it (before nightfall this time), cast nightfall: get 1/3 creature
    2) unburrow it: get 2/3 creature

in both cases the burrowed creature should be 0/3 or 1/3 (depending on whether things get rounded up or down when burrowing)
    the un-burrowed creature should be 1/3
    Burrowing and Dive are both messed up on the calculations. It might be possible to fix them by having the attack value split into two parts (the actual attack value, and a coefficient). Have everything that adds or subtracts modify the attack value, and anything that multiplies/divides it modify the coefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBlood87 View Post
    When some of my friends started playing those, I switched to a deck that did almost nothing except spam cheap creatures and spells. I rarely had a hand, so their decks were mostly useless. They changed decks after a few days.
    Sounds like a great reason to not have the deck type.

bianary, why on forum but not PvP???

--rob77dp

bug report

During a match between Sinder_Shade and I tonight, the opp. saw the casting cost of cards as x2 off the quantum amounts. Didn't affect the caster having correct counts/plays, but the opponent's view was off. Seemed as though every card cast took -x2 off opp's view of quantum.

--rob77dp

Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    bianary, why on forum but not PvP???

--rob77dp
    Too much elements play last night and I'm tired of desyncing every single pvp match I play :P

And playing Heroes of Newerth a bit today in my gametime.

Here are all the rare cards I've seen:

• Entropy: Discord
    • Death: Arsenic
    • Gravity: Titan
    • Earth: Pulverizer
    • Life: Druidic Staff
    • Fire: Fahrenheit
    • Water: Artic Squid, Trident
    • Light: Morning Star, Miracle
    • Air: Owl's Eye
    • Time: Eternity
    • Darkness: Vampire Stiletto
    • Aether: Lobotomizer

Did I miss anything?

Darkness is getting shortchanged. Its Vampire Stiletto is similar to Life's Druidic Staff, i.e., they both damage and heal, but Druidic Staff damages/heals more than Vampire Stiletto does.
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-15-2009 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ktchong View Post
    Darkness is getting shortchanged. Its Vampire Stiletto is similar to Life's Druidic Staff, i.e., they both damage and heal, but Druidic Staff damages/heals more than Vampire Stiletto does.
    Ahh. But what happens if you use flying weapon on a vampire stiletto and apply a few blessings to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bastas View Post
    Ahh. But what happens if you use flying weapon on a vampire stiletto and apply a few blessings to it?
    In my experience, reverse time.

Glitch in PvP dissapearing card

Glitch

Glitch in PvP dissapearing card

Quote Originally Posted by Bastas View Post
    In which case Druidic Staff is a weaker version of Vampire Stiletto.

Druidic Staff and Vampire Stiletto are too similar to one another, except one is the better version of the other.

Druidic Staff should heal all your creatures per turn (fixed at +0/+1) instead of you, and Vampire Stiletto should heal just you, just to differentiate the two.
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-15-2009 at 07:20 PM.

If old players keep playing and earning scores, new players who just join will never be able to reach the top 50 spots. For the top 50 spots, I suggest using a competitive ranking system is better than a cumulative scoring system.
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-15-2009 at 07:20 PM.