A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    Also, it will be soon time for distribution: anyone has any suggestion about how to advertise my game (online) ?
    You should contact the Kongregate (or another flash game site) to work out something.

There is no "Back" button if I accidentally click "Play Now" on the main menu.

^ Not the main menu. The front page.

How do I edit in here??!

Sorry for the multiple posts. I'm playing the game right now, and adding suggestions as I'm seeing what's wrong and needs to be fixed or improved.

I would like to see what my opponent has played in the last round. The cards pop up and vanish too fast, and I would go: "WTF just happened?!?" And I would have no way of going back to find out what happened.
    Last edited by ktchong; 06-01-2009 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ktchong View Post
    I would like to see what my opponent has played in the last round. The cards pop up and vanish too fast, and I would go: "WTF just happened?!?" And I would have no way of going back to find out what happened.
    Thats what I miss too.

If a creature has an ability and I use a modifier on the creature, the modifier won't show.

Two examples:

Let's say I play an "Otyugh" card. The Otyugh has the ability to devour a smaller creature to grow its offense and defense. Its "devour" ability is shown below the card image. Then I use a "Momentum" card on the Otyugh, so now its attack cannot be blocked. However, its new Momentum ability is not shown.

Let's say I play an "Deja Vu" card, which shows "deja vu" below the card. Then I use "Momentum" card on it, and then I use the deja vu ability to duplicate the card. Now I have two "Deja Vu" cards without the deja vu ability. Only one of the Deja Vu (i.e., the duplicate card) shows the Momentum ability; the other one (the original card) does not show any ability.
    Last edited by ktchong; 06-01-2009 at 06:45 AM.

At the login page, after I type in my username and password, I should be able to press the "Enter" key instead of having to click on the "Login" button to login.

What do the three images do? I get them every time I win a match. Spinning them or clicking on them doesn't seem to serve any purpose.

If you play in level 1 or more you can spin it and get some cards for free.

You should contact the Kongregate (or another flash game site) to work out something.
    It's actually already on Kongregate and a lot of other flash game sites.

If a creature has an ability and I use a modifier on the creature, the modifier won't show.

Let's say I play an "Deja Vu" card, which shows "deja vu" below the card. Then I use "Momentum" card on it, and then I use the deja vu ability to duplicate the card. Now I have two "Deja Vu" cards without the deja vu ability. Only one of the Deja Vu (i.e., the duplicate card) shows the Momentum ability; the other one (the original card) does not show any ability.
    Deja Vu copies do not retain the copy ability anyway.
    What do the three images do? I get them every time I win a match. Spinning them or clicking on them doesn't seem to serve any purpose.
    Like the poster above me said, if you get three of the same card, you win that card. Also, if you get 2 of the same card in your first two spins, you win an extra coin.

PS: The edit button is next to the quote button, below your post.

Cool Elements

I was wondering if there was any hints about how to win some cards more easily and if you can chose friends to play against if you get there user name.

Elements

I also think that you should great a dragon that is a rare dragon that is a member of all the elements or at least a dragon that goes with the elements that dont have one.

Quote Originally Posted by icecue7 View Post
    Like the poster above me said, if you get three of the same card, you win that card. Also, if you get 2 of the same card in your first two spins, you win an extra coin.
    That information should be in the game. The three images should have a message beside them explaining what their purpose is.

As for the cards, do you have any plans for dual/multi-elemental cards?

I've just realized I couldn't have more than six of the same creature/spell card in my deck. That information should have been in the game or FAQ or somewhere! Wasted my gold coins - urgh!

How many pillar cards of the same type can I have in my deck?

Well one thing that might help is its own website link or like if only for web search engine hits.

Here is one thing I think this game is really missing: There should be a drawback to going first.

MTG did it by not allowing the first player to draw a card. You could do similar - both players start at 7 cards, whoever goes first does not draw.

Either way, I've had a number of games decided by who goes first, uses a Nova, drops a creature, then eats all the further creatures that get placed. It would be nice if it wasn't just pure advantage to go first.

Edit: Also, some thoughts and a couple bugs (Or description errors).

I think the Otyugh should have toughness of 2 rather than 3 -- at 3 it can eat a majority of creatures in the game without needing any boosts to do so, and if the AI weren't stupid I would lose many games where it shows up in.

When you do the card spin, it should start with the backs of the cards or something in the three slots -- it's a bit depressing to have it start on three of one type, only to realize that wasn't a spin and you're not receiving that card. Maybe it's a bug that you don't get that first one.

A mute sound option would be beautiful.

Bugs: A poisoned Sapphire Charger attacking into a firewall is only suffering 1 damage per round. Even if its damage isn't being reduced, firewall should be impacting it -- or momentum needs its description changed. The second bug was that when a phase shield is used it says "Creature" damage is prevented, but my weapon was also missing. So its description could use updating or the bug fixed, depending on what's happening there.
    Last edited by Bianary; 06-02-2009 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by icecue7 View Post
    Deja Vu copies do not retain the copy ability anyway.
    But the Deja Vu copy does retain infection/poison.

Actually, I've just checked: the copy does retain the modifier. It's the original that loses the modifier after it duplicates. I believe it's a programming mistake.

Ideally, the Deja Vu copy (as well as the Parallel Universe card) should duplicates whatever infection/poison/ability/modifier the original has. That adds a strategic element to the game.

But the problem remains:

If a creature already has an ability and I add a second ability to it, the second ability doesn't show on the display -- although I am certain the creature gains the second ability (and retains its original one.)

It needs to be fixed/updated. The programming just has to remember to display abilities/modifiers that are being added onto a creature.

Currently, there is only one "modifier" ability I'm aware of: Momentum. But I imagine new cards and new abilities will be added in the future, so creatures will be able to have more than two abilities. Keep that in mind because the little lines of text showing the abilities will get quite long.
    Last edited by ktchong; 06-02-2009 at 04:27 PM.

How many Pillar card of the same type can you have in a deck, at most?? Does anyone know?

How many Pillar card of the same type can you have in a deck, at most?? Does anyone know?
    I doubt there's a limit except deck size, but you'll have issues getting useful cards into your hand with too many pillars.